Formula One - 2020

BOF

5 hours ago, BOF said:

I think there have been many much worse pairings over the years. But this pairing and team has just gone stale. Both drivers basically saying they've not been retained for financial reasons, which you would think all but confirms Nikita Mazepin in my post above.

My argument is yeah, a lot of teams before now hired pay drivers, minardi had Esteban Tuero and Shinji Nakano for a year, super aguri with Ide and Sato, but those were all pay drivers who lasted a season at best

Haas have paid these guys to race into each other, if not each other then other cars, if not other cars crashed in the wall for 4 years now

I have no idea how grosjean has had the long career he has had in f1, think 2007 was his debut year? That's a long time to be in f1 when the likes of Vergne, who was a talented driver got bombed out after 3 years

Magnusson is just inconsistent, I do rate him as a racer but he does some stupid stuff to undo the good work

I doubt either will be missed next year, especially with hulkenberg, Perez and even Raikkonen looking for a drive

As for george Russell, I'd lose my mind if he got booted out by William's for a pay driver, when latifi is so bad already 

Edited by Jimzk5

11 hours ago, Genie said:

Unless they give him his wages but tell him not to bother coming in.

Can't really do that either without employment law ramifications. He didn't look for an alternative drive because of the contract and now you're preventing him from racing anywhere. I'd say you have to pay him off and let him go. At least then he is allowed to work. Which they may do. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BOF said:

Can't really do that either without employment law ramifications. He didn't look for an alternative drive because of the contract and now you're preventing him from racing anywhere. I'd say you have to pay him off and let him go. At least then he is allowed to work. Which they may do. 

Yeah sorry, that’s what I meant. Pay him up and say goodbye (bit like Ferrari did with Kimi first time round).

He has a contract with them but it’s not the same as him being 100% driving for them.

Not really a classic but some good midfield battles in that race today. Another brilliant drive from Gasly, great overtake on Perez at the end. Leclerc as well keeps getting that shit heap of a car up into some good points. 

Was all rather easy for Lewis once he got past Bottas, he was off and was never being caught up. I'm going to confidently say Lewis' records will never be beaten. 

3 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s not a blockbuster but still very enjoyable race so far.

Hoping for a good rain shower

Best opening few laps for a good while but then it was very much business as usual, I was talking to my old man about the F1 today and he said that he is on the verge of stopping watching because its been so boring all season

1 minute ago, leemond2008 said:

Best opening few laps for a good while but then it was very much business as usual, I was talking to my old man about the F1 today and he said that he is on the verge of stopping watching because its been so boring all season

The problem is every 4/5 dull races there’s an epic one and you don’t want to miss it.

I really liked the track but the DRS was ridiculous on it. Overtakes aren't exciting when they're just free hits like that, and in fact it discourages overtakes elsewhere on the track. Why would you risk an overtake on turn 4 or 5 when you can just wait 30 seconds and get an incredibly easy overtake on the main straight?

Yeah they'll adjust the DRS zone. I think it was just because they'd never been there before so they didn't know. Hopefully they go back, because it was a fun track. 

• Like 1

Poor for Ilott. Ferrari for some reason have a serious hard on for Gio. There's a bottleneck of very promising talent collecting at the top of F2 again. Let's see how much of it gets in for next year. 

Wouldn't be desperate for this track to return again next season. Race was over once Lewis got that free VSC pit stop unfortunately, just his luck as per usual. Russell has had an absolute stinker with his crash, was almost certainly gonna get his first point and he threw it away very embarrassingly. 

Delighted to see another Danny Ric podium and a shoutout for Kvyat for that charge after the SC, great result for him.