Formula One - 2020

BOF

19 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

So Red Bulls no 2 driver next season.........

They seem desperate to keep Albion for some reason, despite regularly being half a second off verstappen in qualifying and the mistakes he makes during races

Gasly and kvyat were soon bounced out of that seat with better performances than Albon has shown so far

That said, I think kvyat will be out of alpha touri (I dont think he has a contract for next season?), albon will drop back to alpha touri and Perez or hulk will be at red bull next season

There is absolutely no way whatsoever that Albon should remain in that Red Bull.  

I still think Tsunoda will be in the AT alongside Gasly should he get his license and then I'd put Perez in the Red Bull seat. 

What that means for Albon who knows but the fact is he's been extremely poor this season. 

And clearly I have snuck into a rabbit hole. Things of note:

* How steep it really is after that first turn

* How there really is not even a pit lane as we would know it.

* How some hay bales and “she will be wright attitude” worked as a safety protocol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Withnail said:

Just saw this. Some nice camera angles. I guess it is the Grand Hotel hairpin out of a window?  Gotta get that in. So cool.

Some cracking angles there alright. That view looking down at Loews gives a great idea of the gradient there too.  And those roads look rough on the approach to swimming pool.

5 hours ago, Withnail said:

* How some hay bales and “she will be wright attitude” worked as a safety protocol.

As Lorenzo Bandini would find out all too well at the unmodified harbour chicane 12 years later.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I love the chaos but it gets to a point where they can't do a thing. We're at that point here. If the surface was better they might have been able to tolerate the rain. 

Cracking Q3. Delighted for Stroll. He's had a rotten run. Bizarre to see Max binning a double purple lap but it was just about the right decision in the end. Go on the Jordans 😁😁😁

Bloody hell what a qualifying, that's more like it. 

Max in those wets was absolutely phenomenal, 2 to 4 seconds ahead of everyone. He's ridiculously good in wet conditions. He dominated pretty much all weekend which is unfortunate for him but what a couple laps from the Racing Point boys, Perez and then Stroll were flying. It's also great to see the Merc struggle so much when conditions aren't how they like, they were a mess. 

Should be a banging race tomorrow, even with no rain the track still had no grip throughout practice so should cause some chaos. I think Max is in great position for a win.