Formula One - 2020

BOF

So Hungary was Hungary again.  At least the F2 feature was a belter thanks to Shwartzman and Mazepin's alternate strategies paying off.  16 year old Pourchaire won the feature in the F3 aswell.  I also managed to watch the MotoGP season opener :D  An excellent weekend of racing.  Marquez is **** nuts.  He went from pole to the gravel to the back and back up to 3rd and then a highside crash which put him in a neck brace with a **** arm.

As for the F1...

Hamilton was utterly imperious, not for the first time.  Kudos to not just the Racing Points but to Lance Stroll for edging his more illustrious teammate in both qualy and the race.  I had Perez as a podium finisher but he wasn't even close.  Max was brilliant.  Such a shame Merc are as good as they are.  Ferrari still not entirely sure where they sit in the pecking order, but they are at least not a complete write-off.  Just a partial one.  Not a good day at the office for McLaren either.  Limping to 2 WCC pts and half of that was inherited from Haas.  Albon appears to have been very lucky to avoid any penalty for having his grid slot dried by the leaf blowers.  Silverstone will be just the tonic for an insipid Hungaroring.  We just have to wait 2 weeks 😕

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These Mercedes man, my god. 1 second clear. This will easily be the greatest F1 car of all time. I just wish Lewis had a decent team mate though to make it somewhat interesting, I don't rate Bottas one single bit. The other teams are such a mess, none of them ever seem to improve and just allow this gap to increase. 

Albon has had another mare. I personally think he's very lucky that there's no one really good enough to replace him in that seat. 

I do hate it when teams are head and shoulders above the competition like this.

Even when Ferrari and Red Bull dominated it was never by such a big margin as this.

Edited by Genie

F1 has become something you can watch in the background. You can genuinely do other things while it's on and listen out for the two or three incidents that happen over the course of the race when you'll need to pay attention. Golf with cars.