Relegation thread

Knutserov13

Absolutely heartbreaking. What makes this season worse is that there are clearly some very good players in the squad, and with a few additions we could potentially field a very formidable team.

If we are relegated it will be far more gutting than last time to come so close to survival at such a pivotal time.

Edited by AV82
  • Like 4

I should add - as much as I wanted 3 points - had that happened we would all be bricking it because it was ours to lose - I'm not sure that scenario suits us (remember the red cards this season??)

Just now, blunther said:

Oh well, bring on the championship. We're in much better shape than last time. This is the least enjoyable season I can ever remember. No VAR and we might win some games. Let's win the (a) league. 

We were good today and we pretty much played with 9 players. It's not over.

1 minute ago, blunther said:

Oh well, bring on the championship. We're in much better shape than last time. This is the least enjoyable season I can ever remember. No VAR and we might win some games. Let's win the (a) league. 

You don’t remember the Remi Garde season?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Why?  Utd will beat westham.  Not sure Watford wouldn’t get something against Arsenal.  Draw or Watford win now 

So you are saying by last day of season - West Ham 37, Watford 34, us 31 (unless we can do something Vs Arsenal), Bournemouth probs 31 (Saints will kill them off with glee). Yes we need Arsenal to beat Watford - but that is more possible than them facing Norwich. Goal Difference is for the gods.  

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Are you honestly suggesting it's in our best interests, with 2 games to go, that we dropped 2 points? I think I've heard it all now.

Nope - I wanted 3 points - therefore gutted. But we are underdogs nonetheless. 

We will lose to Arsenal and beat West Ham IF West Ham are safe. That's why I want them to win tomorrow. If it is a straight shootout between us needing to win and West Ham needing not to lose, my money would be on them. 

Get West Ham out of the way and hope that Watford lose their last two by a few goals and Bournemouth get 2 points maximum. We stay up then.

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

You don’t remember the Remi Garde season?!

Yeah, after we were on 4 points after 10 I accepted relegation and had a right laugh. The 0-0 with Newcastle at the end of the season was one of my villa park highlights.