Pre-Match Thread

Ouchmefoot

18 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Could easily be that, but where does Elmo play then? If Grealish is wide forward on the left then El Ghazi would be on the right....

Grealish in the midfield, AEG left mid, Elmo right?

happy enough with the team, said all season we should try Fred & elmo together on the right. not sure today is the best day to try it out but they should compliment each other pretty well and elmo is by far our best crosser of the ball so we may even give samatta some service from out wide. Still think we'll get bent over and rammed without any lube but after seeing watford smash liverpool yesterday who knows.

4 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

i wish we'd played Hourihane then at least we could have been a threat at set pieces

Unfortunately 90 percent of football matches, are actual football.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, SuffolkVillan said:

Hoping Dean springs a surprise as we have virtually nothing to lose;

My team would be:

Nyland

Guilbert    Engels    Mings     Hause

Elmo        Luiz    Nakamba   Targett

Jack

Samatta

Jack in a free role, elmo and Targett to get forward on break and whip in crosses for Samatta and Jack running in.

We can but dream but at least we should keep the score down as full backs wont get caught upfield and mid 2 can just sit in to close KDB

Prescient.

1 minute ago, RobSpain said:

40 pounds left in my betting account straight on Villa to lift the cup this afternoon. 💪🏼

We need more like you on here, fingers crossed!!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, as fans who watch every week we can’t tell what formation it’s going to be. It’s a worry.

They're all variations of the same formation anyway.

You can't please our fans. He played 4-3-3 for the longest time and was called stubborn and inflexible. Now he changes the formation occasionally and it's because he doesn't even know his best starting XI.