Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Boris just said 1.1m vaccinated in England, 1.3m across the UK. Didn’t he say the other day it was 2.something (and that it was more than Europe combined)?

Edited by Genie

My brother has tested positive, has lost all sense of smell and taste but other than feels fine.

He’s in prison and has spent more than 95% of his time alone in a cell for the last year or so. 

If it’s getting to him what hope is there of stopping it spreading in other areas, at some point we have to move on from these continued failed attempts at prevention.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

He also just said 2% of the UK population currently have coronavirus. Over 1m people.

I’m no doubt wrong here but we’ve been recording 50,000 odd cases daily for weeks now haven’t we, and they’re all apparently new cases so that’s 350,000 a week.......surely we’re well past a million?!

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

I’m no doubt wrong here but we’ve been recording 50,000 odd cases daily for weeks now haven’t we, and they’re all apparently new cases so that’s 350,000 a week.......surely we’re well past a million?!

But after 1-2 weeks most people will be over it (I'd have thought).

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Seem to know a lot more people who have it/have had it, this time round. Down our yard there’s 3 off with it and one of the wives is critical in hospital. She’s in her late 50s, overweight with health issues but it’s getting close to home now . It ended up killing my grandad which was a blessing in disguise, and expected, but yeah, it seems more common this lockdown compared to first lockdown. 

Yep, I only personally knew a couple of people who had it till a few weeks ago. I know loads now.  3 people on my friends and family quiz for a start. 

6 hours ago, Kingman said:

Are you allowed to be  in a support bubble if from another area? 

I'll certainly be making the trip up to see my elderly parents (who have been my bubble for a while).  I'll obviously be protecting myself and isolating prior (which includes filling the car with petrol a good few weeks beforehand and not stopping anywhere on the way) - they had a bad enough time of it last time not leaving the house and assuming the laws don't change, I'll be quoting the Gov website if I do get pulled over by anyone.  Loneliness and isolation can be a terrible, terrible thing. 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, trekka said:

I'll certainly be making the trip up to see my elderly parents (who have been my bubble for a while).  I'll obviously be protecting myself and isolating prior (which includes filling the car with petrol a good few weeks beforehand and not stopping anywhere on the way) - they had a bad enough time of it last time not leaving the house and assuming the laws don't change, I'll be quoting the Gov website if I do get pulled over by anyone.  Loneliness and isolation can be a terrible, terrible thing. 

Also wanted to understand this, my dad lives 20 miles away, can I go and meet him for a stroll?

So far the vaccine side of things seems to be going well. They secured doses, funded them to a really quick development. Quickly through the approvals and *touches wood* the roll out appears to be pretty efficient too. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

So far the vaccine side of things seems to be going well. They secured doses, funded them to a really quick development. Quickly through the approvals and *touches wood* the roll out appears to be pretty efficient too. 

I wouldn't put any money on that if I was you.

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I wouldn't put any money on that if I was you.

You could well be right. I don’t for a second think the roll out of the biggest vaccination program in our history will be faultless though.

Time will tell.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

You could well be right. I don’t for a second think the roll out of the biggest vaccination program in our history will be faultless though.

Time will tell.

No I certainly wouldn't expect it to be faultless as that wouldn't be fair and a totally unrealistic expectation.

What would not surprise me in the slightest though is for this bunch of charlatans to over promise and under deliver...again. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

What would not surprise me in the slightest though is for this bunch of charlatans to over promise and under deliver...again. 

I’m just pleased that we’re 2-3 weeks into the roll out and they’ve not managed a huge **** up yet.

Its only a matter of time until someone leaves a pallet of 200,000 vaccines in the sun and needs to be destroyed.

• Like 1

I popped to the local Co-Op this evening to tide me over before the big home food delivery.  I came out feeling pretty angry - staff joking with their friends who were walking around the wrong way and keeping no distance to anyone at all.  At one point I had to ask someone to respect my space (whilst the Co-Op lady giggled).  That'll be that then - I will not venture out to anything like a "local" (or a big supermarket for that matter) for a while.  Roll on the home food deliveries! 

Â