Generic Virus Thread

villakram

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I don't think they really care about the 'silent majority' they just want to portray the profession as cowards so that their brain dead readers will display the sort of aggression towards them that they usually reserve for Meghan Markle and immigrants. 

This is the correct take and the correct amount of anger. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

We'll be requested to clap for teachers on a Tuesday soon

I know its in jest but I hope people in the education sector don't push for this. While teachers are still doing important things its nothing compared to the healthcare workers and deserves no extra praise. 

But they shouldn't be vilified for wanting things to be safe for them and their children before returning to work. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Personally, I think the clapping is utterly ludicrous.

It just serves to help the government, inceasing the guilt felt by NHS staff if they don't go to work because they are worried.

But yeah it makes the people clapping feel great.

As soon as Boris, The ROyals, Hancock et al were on telly doing a clap, it became redundant. Originally it was community lead and was a nice thing to do, it's no longer that and hasn't been since about week 3

100% agree.

I've stopped joining in with it. 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If only there were a way that teachers could come together collectively to give a voice to their thoughts.

Down with this sort of thing./dailyheil

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

And so it begins!.. 

28334224-8314605-image-m-3_1589356602397

Not sure if these are real. My sister sent me the exact same advert but it said Sutton park on it instead. I guess they might be producing multiple for different locations. 

Either way I wouldn’t expect a particularly large turnout

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

Personally, I think the clapping is utterly ludicrous.

It just serves to help the government, inceasing the guilt felt by NHS staff if they don't go to work because they are worried.

But yeah it makes the people clapping feel great.

As soon as Boris, The ROyals, Hancock et al were on telly doing a clap, it became redundant. Originally it was community lead and was a nice thing to do, it's no longer that and hasn't been since about week 3

Yep, had this debate with my best mate last night after he triumphantly let me know how he and his missus had been out clapping with the rest of their street.

Its a distraction, what people should be focusing on is what they’re being distracted away from.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not sure if these are real. My sister sent me the exact same advert but it said Sutton park on it instead. I guess they might be producing multiple for different locations. 

Either way I wouldn’t expect a particularly large turnout

At least eight events are said to have been organised by an anti-vaxxing group called UK Freedom Movement which claims the coronavirus lockdown is illegal.

Many of the group organisers appear to be conspiracy theorists who question how serious a threat coronavirus poses, and are angry at the imposition of lockdown rules. 

The gatherings have been promoted on flyers in London, Southampton, Nottingham, Sheffield, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Plymouth and Barnstaple in Devon.

In the posters circulating on social media over the past few days, the organisers have boasted that the events will be the 'largest mass gathering since the lockdown'. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8314605/Coronavirus-UK-Mass-gatherings-picnics-live-music-advertised-Saturday.html 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kingman said:

At least eight events are said to have been organised by an anti-vaxxing group called UK Freedom Movement which claims the coronavirus lockdown is illegal.

Many of the group organisers appear to be conspiracy theorists who question how serious a threat coronavirus poses, and are angry at the imposition of lockdown rules. 

The gatherings have been promoted on flyers in London, Southampton, Nottingham, Sheffield, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Plymouth and Barnstaple in Devon.

In the posters circulating on social media over the past few days, the organisers have boasted that the events will be the 'largest mass gathering since the lockdown'. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8314605/Coronavirus-UK-Mass-gatherings-picnics-live-music-advertised-Saturday.html 

Urgh. What a bunch of words removed.

But they can definitely add Birmingham to that list of venues. I've seen the flyer! 

I quite want to go for a walk at 12pm and see if anything's actually happening, but I don't want to be accidentally included in the gathering :D 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Urgh. What a bunch of words removed.

But they can definitely add Birmingham to that list of venues. I've seen the flyer! 

I quite want to go for a walk at 12pm and see if anything's actually happening, but I don't want to be accidentally included in the gathering :D 

Absolute Weapons mate, Should lock the gates with them all in and create a leper colony! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Isnt one of the organisers Jayda Fransen of the terrorist group Britain First. 

Yes, she’s named as a director for the Ltd co. behind it. 

Weirdly, I’d never heard of her until yesterday - did a quick google and she looked exactly as I thought she would (rough as f**k and seen more cock than a chicken farmer) 

• Like 2

Â