Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just as *actually recruiting* those 750,000 NHS volunteers (remember them?) turned out to be a complete bust, and just as the Department of Health repeatedly failed to answer emails from PPE providers looking to offer supply (remember that?), so it goes with 'hiring contact tracers':

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Introduce a curfew for 9pm like nations have done and heavy fines and those fines go towards tfl. 

But what if it's an essential journey?

What difference does 9pm make?

People are only supposed to be out for essential things, the tim is irrelevant. It's a 24 hour curfew with on only essential travel allowed and has been since the start.

Should someone finishing work at 10pm have to sleep at work and go home at whatever time you determine he should be out?

10 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

133k tests today sounds impressive. Number of people tested 69k.  Something seriously amiss here isn't there.

By the end of the summer, someone will probably reveal half a million have been delivered to a poste restante in Devon.

12 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

133k tests today sounds impressive. Number of people tested 69k.  Something seriously amiss here isn't there.

*shrugs*

It's what liars do. Even when there's no point to the lie, just do it anyway. 

I assume the people who voted for them treat it like a masochistic relationship.  

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, bickster said:

But what if it's an essential journey?

What difference does 9pm make?

People are only supposed to be out for essential things, the tim is irrelevant. It's a 24 hour curfew with on only essential travel allowed and has been since the start.

Should someone finishing work at 10pm have to sleep at work and go home at whatever time you determine he should be out?

Erm you obviously will have exceptions for things like that. Workers. So for example you fill in a form online saying if you have to break a curfew e.g working for nhs get the permission so if you get stopped they look you uo and see your fine. It really is workable. Other countries adopt it and its worked very well. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

What does me living in London have to do with my question. 
It was an innocent question and you’ve given a good answer. I wasn't aware of all the other context. I thought you were complaining about him purely discouraging people from using Public Transport, which again is still a good thing to do

no need for the attitude at the end

What attitude? Havent given you none whatsoever. Didnt realise you was so sensitive

Do you have ulez or congestion charge where you live?

Also funny how khans driving round in a 100k car in London while the rest of london suffers. Leading by example what a guy. 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Erm you obviously will have exceptions for things like that. Workers. So for example you fill in a form online saying if you have to break a curfew e.g working for nhs get the permission so if you get stopped they look you uo and see your fine. It really is workable. Other countries adopt it and its worked very well. 

Why would you need to write a letter or form?
You do realise that what you are proposing is actually less of a lockdown than we have now because a 9pm curfew appears to suggest everythings ok before 9pm. Right now, its essential travel only 24 hours a day

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm confused - the biggest issue with London and central London is parking - and you'd like to address it by adding more cars?

Again, sorry, a bit confused - how would that help with public transport? Wouldn't it just concentrate the number of people travelling into shorter timeframes?

Again, wouldn't this just mean more people packed into fewer trains?

I don't, and I'm always quite surprised when I read people from London complaining that the rest of us don't understand how horrible their still-centralised, publicly funded, integrated mass transit system is - particularly when the level of investment in that system is many, many times higher than the level of investment in other cities. From outside London, we see a system that gets billions and billions invested in new lines, new stock, new stations and massive capacity while the rest of the country suffers with deregulated bus and train services that are chronically underfunded.

In short, I don't think you'll find much sympathy outside of the capital, because the system in London is so much better than the system elsewhere, and we helped pay for that.

Sorry but your wrong there. Why is there a big issue in london? Not cars, parking spaces mate. Go down central london at around 11am see if you can find parking? All single yellows and resident parking. 

Also alot of people on here complaining about the tubes so if your saying not to do this how do propose people get to work in central London or west london if you live on the outskirts of london?

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What attitude? Havent given you none whatsoever. Didnt realise you was so sensitive

Do you have ulez or congestion charge where you live?

Also funny how khans driving round in a 100k car in London while the rest of london suffers. Leading by example what a guy. 

I haven’t expressed an opinion about Khan. I merely asked why advising against using public transport was a bad thing. 

You answered well and gave me attitude. I didn’t see the need for the attitude that’s all. 

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Why would you need to write a letter or form?
You do realise that what you are proposing is actually less of a lockdown than we have now because a 9pm curfew appears to suggest everythings ok before 9pm. Right now, its essential travel only 24 hours a day

Your completely misunderstanding eveeything im saying.

I didnt say end the current lockdown did i? You add this to the existing lockdown. At 9pm you have people walking down the street and they shouldnt be. 

Do some research in other countries and see how this has worked and their infection rates are significantly lower than us. 😁

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I haven’t expressed an opinion about Khan. I merely asked why advising against using public transport was a bad thing. 

You answered well and gave me attitude. I didn’t see the need for the attitude that’s all. 

I didnt give you any attitude whatsoever stevo not sure what the problem is 

All i said is you dont like in london so you wouldnt know how is that giving you attitude ill never know 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

At 9pm you have people walking down the street and they shouldnt be. 

How do you know? You are allowed to go for a walk. Surely its better to do that when there are less people around, or does the virus get more virulent after 9pm?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

At 9pm you have people walking down the street and they shouldnt be. 

Why does my exercise have to be before 9pm?

If anything, surely it's safer for it to be late in the evening when it's even quieter, and less risk of bumping in to people? Your suggestion is very silly. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Why does my exercise have to be before 9pm?

If anything, surely it's safer for it to be late in the evening when it's even quieter, and less risk of bumping in to people? Your suggestion is very silly. 

Silly but working wonders in other countries but yeah its silly 😂😂 

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

How do you know? You are allowed to go for a walk. Surely its better to do that when there are less people around, or does the virus get more virulent after 9pm?

You really believe that ? 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Silly but working wonders in other countries but yeah its silly 😂😂 

Which countries? What other methods do they also have in place?

I doubt you'll find a country that follows an approach identical to us, except for a 9pm curfew, so it's rather naive to assume that it's the only factor.

Hell, no lockdown in Sweden is there? Don't they also have lower infection rate than us? Our lockdown is the problem, we ought to get rid of it. 

Edited by Davkaus

Just now, Davkaus said:

Which countries? What other methods do they also have in place?

I doubt you'll find a country that follows an approach identical to use, except for a 9pm curfew, so it's rather naive to assume that it's the only factor.

Hell, no lockdown in Sweden is there? Don't they also have lower infection rate than us? Our lockdown is the problem, we ought to get rid of it. 

Matw there are various countries that have had stricter lockdowns than we have and the infection rate is significantly lower than us. Google is your friend to tell you which countries 😁

I didnt say it was only factor not sure where i have said that. I said this could get implemented on top of our lockdown to ease the pressure. If it means a chance of protecting our nhs staff i would stay home from 9pm. Every area is dofferent but all the youngsters round here are okn the streets after 9pm meeting up. Thats not helping. 

As for sweden they are having major problems at the moment. I think they are going to have massive problems in the months ahead. 

Â