Generic Virus Thread

villakram

30 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Yes, she’s named as a director for the Ltd co. behind it. 

Would appear not, just a similarly named organisation. Turns out that nasty, Brexity morons are still capable of their own Judean People's Front moments as well. 

Neither I, nor the British Freedom Movement have anything to do with the lockdown protests that are due to take place this weekend.

I am highly suspicious of the individual who called these protests, a Mr Richard Inman, leader of the UK FREEDOM MOVEMENT, given that he did so knowing that participants could be fined and/ or jailed.

I find the motives of the U.K. Freedom Movement to be sinister and reckless.

Mr Inman and his group, THE UK FREEDOM MOVEMENT are in no way connected with my party (BRITISH FREEDOM MOVEMENT/PARTY) or businesses.

I am seeking legal advice with regards to the appalling statements made publicly by elected officials claiming that I was responsible for organising these rallies, including Cllr. Séamas De Faoite and Lord John Mann.

Such statements, which were entirely false, have resulted in me receiving death threats.

I feel this amounts to an abuse of office and as such, I will be taking the matter further.

I denounce the irresponsible actions of Mr Inman and his UK FREEDOM MOVEMENT and his cowardice in not coming forward in person to withdraw his idiotic plans to hold the PICNIC OF DEATH IN THE PARK.  Jayda Fransen

https://uknip.co.uk/2020/05/15/picnic-of-death-in-the-park-is-nothing-to-do-british-freedom-movement-says-leader/

Anyone that attends in my opinion should not be allowed treatment if they get covid19. 

I posted this a few pages back and its definitely happening in hyde park in saturday.

Really hope its a hope flop and only 10 people turn up. Be absolutely humilating for them

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Would appear not, just a similarly named organisation. Turns out that nasty, Brexity morons are still capable of their own Judean People's Front moments as well. 

https://uknip.co.uk/2020/05/15/picnic-of-death-in-the-park-is-nothing-to-do-british-freedom-movement-says-leader/

I take it back, saw it a few times on Twitter from normally reliable accounts. Should’ve checked. 

I still stand by my opinion on the amount of cock she’s seen though. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone that attends in my opinion should not be allowed treatment if they get covid19. 

I posted this a few pages back and its definitely happening in hyde park in saturday.

Really hope its a hope flop and only 10 people turn up. Be absolutely humilating for them

I think it’s a wind up Dem.

Ive got friends all over the country and it seems there’s one of these event posters for every substantially sized park in the country.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Weirdly, I’d never heard of her until yesterday - did a quick google and she looked exactly as I thought she would (rough as f**k and seen more cock than a chicken farmer) 

Slut shaming much? She's entitled to as much, or as little, sex as she wants. Nobody would consider it a put-down of Tommy Robinson down by saying he probably gets plenty of fanny. Her political views are repulsive, that's all I care about. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Slut shaming much? She's entitled to as much, or as little, sex as she wants. Nobody would consider it a put-down of Tommy Robinson down by saying he probably gets plenty of fanny. Her political views are repulsive, that's all I care about. 

Yeah I know, it’s not nice and I wouldn’t normally, but I make an exception for fascists. 

46 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Not just similarly named but similarly motivated (generally). Inman trying to make out he is a victim here is like, well.....I'm trying to come up with an analogy here that doesn't invoke Godwin's Law. Both groups are repulsive, only one is having a corona party

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

It is indicative of how badly the government are handling the PPE aspects of this crisis that this is not available.

Unless or until domestic production capacity is established (by government, not improvised ad-hoc with private sector firms) this problem isn’t going away.

We need 10’s of millions of masks per day being produced and distributed to enable a ‘safe’ easing of lockdown. 

I’ve not seen any indication that this is happening. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think it’s a wind up Dem.

Ive got friends all over the country and it seems there’s one of these event posters for every substantially sized park in the country.

Hope so mate this would be reckless and stupid.  If it is a windup the people who organised this  should be ashamed of this

4 minutes ago, choffer said:

Both groups are repulsive, only one is having a corona party

As long as everyone else stays away from them, I’m failing to see the downside. 

Was surprised to hear Jonathan Sumption arguing against the look down the other day, but aside from Peter Hitchens who makes a living off being a contrarian, I’ve not heard anyone serious arguing that it’s wrong. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Awol said:

Unless or until domestic production capacity is established (by government, not improvised ad-hoc with private sector firms) this problem isn’t going away.

We need 10’s of millions of masks per day being produced and distributed to enable a ‘safe’ easing of lockdown. 

I’ve not seen any indication that this is happening. 

Agreed on all points. I am constantly surprised that not only is this not leading the news,  but that it is largely going completely unmentioned.

17 minutes ago, Awol said:

As long as everyone else stays away from them, I’m failing to see the downside. 

What about when they pop to the supermarket the next day, probably not being socially distant given their previous activity, and pass it on to Stan and Beryl innocently doing their weekly shop?

12 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

I'm sure they just accidentally cropped those black kids out

As pointed out on twitter, it isn't just cropped, they shopped the kids to the left out entirely - you can see the altered background behind the headline.

I imagine the argument they will give is that they needed a plain background for the headline text to stand out against...

38 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

As pointed out on twitter, it isn't just cropped, they shopped the kids to the left out entirely - you can see the altered background behind the headline.

I imagine the argument they will give is that they needed a plain background for the headline text to stand out against...

outline the text in white, like they do for other stories with a dark picture behind them.. Or use fade, like they have with the white kids black jumper. 

Edited by lapal_fan

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Personally, I think the clapping is utterly ludicrous.

It just serves to help the government, increasing the guilt felt by NHS staff if they don't go to work because they are worried.

That is such an important statement.

Imagine being a frontline nurse who leaves work after a 12 hour shift, and seeing a few people die and lots struggling for life, knowing that tomorrow she has to go through that again tomorrow and hoping there will be enough PPE for her when she gets to work. Imagine not wanting to go back to that but knowing how bad and "cowardly" it would look if you didn't go in. Same goes for any other health professional who would face a similar scenario.

It must be horrendous. That sense of having to go rather than wanting to. It's not like a soldier who joins the forces and knows that one day they may have to fight to stay alive, or a copper who joins the force knowing they will be wearing a stab vest and carry a baton and spray etc to defend themselves with, or a fire fighter who knows they will run into a burning building that could collapse on them or get burnt etc. A nurse surely doesn't go through training where the instructor says "now remember, one day you might be coughed on and the result will be death for you or, at least, you will just take it home and kill someone you love".  

Edited by Villarocker
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope anyone who attends gets attacked by rabid pigeons looking to feed off scraps.

Â