Generic Virus Thread

villakram

I understand the sentiment on covid freedom gatherings.

But in reality, filtering them to refuse treatment would require getting their I.D. and then demanding the I.D. of all hospital admissions.

Then the whole smokers / drinkers / druggies / bikers / sky divers argument kicks in.

• Like 2

Sadiq khan a true absolute knob head. Brilliant job he is doing and a truely genius thingvto encourage people ti not take the tubes and buses.

😡 

Edited by Demitri_C

4 hours ago, Kingman said:

And so it begins!.. 

28334224-8314605-image-m-3_1589356602397

Must be a wind-up. If not, surely the last sentence should read: "HAVE SOME FUN AND SAY YES TO DEATH"

Edited by Villarocker

13 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

FFS

That is bullying! Being steam-rollered towards illness is despicable and those headlines must be driven by the government, surely? Either that or the respective editors want to get their shit-gathering reporters back into the office.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Sadiq khan a true absolute knob head. Brilliant job he is doing and a truely genius thingvto encourage people ti not take the tubes and buses.

😡 

Welcome back Real Dem!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

What would you rather he did?

genuine question. To me encouraging people not to take public transport seems like the right thing to do. 

Easy take away fines for residents parking for 8 weeks for employees which encourage more people to drive to work as the biggest issue with london and central London is parking.

Introduce a curfew for 9pm like nations have done and heavy fines and those fines go towards tfl. 

Run less trains and less busy periods. Have the trains not stopping at certain stops dont have a full service. 

You obviously dont live in london so dont have any idea on how ridiculously bad it is for people having to pay ulez fees. Its ridiculous and punishing the poor who cant afford newer cars its not fair.

The flattening of the R pre dates the easing of lockdown in england and the psychological pressure put on people by the government to get back on that bus or train. It also pre dates VE Day and a bank holiday weekend where much of the UK anticipated Boris Johnson officially announcing what his team had leaked to the papers, that war was over.

Reopening schools in 2 weeks, ha ha ha!

BBC

Coronavirus infection rate in UK creeps up

the revised figures from the SAGE group of scientific advisors say the R-number now sits between 0.7 and 1.0.

I for one am shocked a wobbling population obviously looking for an excuse to get out would have taken one the instant the govt by proxy promoted it, and thus have now opened up transmission spread further. 

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Easy take away fines for residents parking for 8 weeks for employees which encourage more people to drive to work as the biggest issue with london and central London is parking.

Introduce a curfew for 9pm like nations have done and heavy fines and those fines go towards tfl. 

Run less trains and less busy periods. Have the trains not stopping at certain stops dont have a full service. 

You obviously dont live in london so dont have any idea on how ridiculously bad it is for people having to pay ulez fees. Its ridiculous and punishing the poor who cant afford newer cars its not fair.

What does me living in London have to do with my question. 
It was an innocent question and you’ve given a good answer. I wasn't aware of all the other context. I thought you were complaining about him purely discouraging people from using Public Transport, which again is still a good thing to do

no need for the attitude at the end

Edited by Stevo985

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The flattening of the R pre dates the easing of lockdown in england and the psychological pressure put on people by the government to get back on that bus or train. It also pre dates VE Day and a bank holiday weekend where much of the UK anticipated Boris Johnson officially announcing what his team had leaked to the papers, that war was over.

Reopening schools in 2 weeks, ha ha ha!

BBC

Just read the article and it says that as the figures are based on the the number of people who end up in hospital it gives an idea of the R number from 3 weeks ago so predates the easing of the lockdown/the bank holiday weekend last week by about 2 weeks. Suggests that if it was going up 3 weeks ago then it will be way above 1 in 2-3 weeks.

London is showing as a R rating of 0.4. I'd imagine that is the one most likely to shoot up rapidly again.

• Like 2

Anybody complaining about public transport cost or provision in London needs a dose of reality.

That’s from somebody that was spending a third of his life commuting around the Midlands, a third commuting around South Wales and a third commuting around London.

It might not be great in London, but it’s the best in the UK. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Just read the article and it says that as the figures are based on the the number of people who end up in hospital it gives an idea of the R number from 3 weeks ago so predates the easing of the lockdown/the bank holiday weekend last week by about 2 weeks. Suggests that if it was going up 3 weeks ago then it will be way above 1 in 2-3 weeks.

London is showing as a R rating of 0.4. I'd imagine that is the one most likely to shoot up rapidly again.

That’s one of the reasons I was so annoyed at the clunking westminster think of that Labour Shadow Minister.

’We need a single approach’, No mate, that’s actually the last **** thing we need because this thing is going to be different in different places at different times. We cannot open or close Manchester and Belfast and Devon, based on last week’s guess about London. Just as we can’t open or close London, depending on the R number in Dundee or Wrexham.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 3

Funny how the devolved administrations, who arguably have less of a virus problem than England, are being more cautious. I fear the worst for England - every move made by the UK government so far has been pretty catastrophic and I have no reason to believe they are making the right decisions currently. As an adopted Welshie I have never been more glad for devolution. 

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Funny how the devolved administrations, who arguably have less of a virus problem than England, are being more cautious. I fear the worst for England - every move made by the UK government so far has been pretty catastrophic and I have no reason to believe they are making the right decisions currently. As an adopted Welshie I have never been more glad for devolution. 

It’s nowhere near perfect. The testing is shambolic for starters. It’s turned out that on any number of questions, the First Minister has been quite happy to just answer that he doesn’t know whether he has the authority or not to do various things. Unbelievable, **** find out you **** wet lettuce in someone else’s oversized funeral suit.

Plus, I do understand the absolute panic there must be in Westminster about the economy.

But encouraging everything to open back up and people to get back on the road and in to buses, that’s just insane before we have testing and tracing regimes in place.

I would describe the policy in Wales as less piss poor than England.

Oh, and welcome aboard!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

@OutByEaster? has already mentioned three ways in which this is wrong-headed, but just to add a fourth, we should be wary about adding lots of exhaust fumes to the roads, during the midst of a pandemic that affects the lungs, and hence people with asthma, and the severity of which may be connected to levels of pollution. You even make clear in your post that it's *the most polluting* vehicles that you want back in the city centre 🙄

Â