Generic Virus Thread

villakram

16 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s a massive statement to say NHS were releasing patients without testing them to spark this cull of OAP’s.

It's an irrefutable fact.

The government told them to 

1. Urgently discharge all hospital inpatients who are medically fit to leave. Community health providers must take immediate full responsibility for urgent discharge of all eligible patients identified by acute providers on a discharge list. For those needing social care, emergency legislation before Parliament this week will ensure that eligibility assessments do not delay discharge. ... This could potentially free up to 15,000 acute beds currently occupied by patients awaiting discharge or with lengths of stay over 21 days.

and said

The Hospital Discharge Service and staff will clarify with care homes the COVID-19 status of an individual and any COVID-19 symptoms, during the process of transfer from a hospital to the care home. Tests will primarily be given to:

• all patients in critical care for pneumonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) or flu like illness

• all other patients requiring admission to hospital for pneumonia, ARDS or flu like illness

• where an outbreak has occurred in a residential or care setting, for example long-term care facility or prisons.1

Negative tests are not required prior to transfers / admissions into the care home.

So only a subset of those "urgently discharged" were required to be tested. They were not required to be negative to be released. Everyone else - not required to be tested. As a consequence both known positive Covi patients and untested, but infected patients were released into care homes in large numbers. If they were known positive, the care homes were told to isolate them (good luck with that), otherwise, just monitor people as usual.

Look, I get the unwillingness to credit it - I don't want to believe it's true either, but it is. It is back and white clear. There's an absolute wealth of damning evidence from the words of Matt Hancock saying this is what was happening, to NHS staff and Care home staff confirming the same thing.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

I linked the NICE Triage algo up thread but apparently that has nothing to do with government advice (there isn't a big enough rolly eyes thingy to post here)

This is a bit naughty... you stated:

Old people from care homes NO LONGER go to hospital

and to support that a big fat chart starting with "adult admitted to hospital" at the top 🤔

CovidCritCareAlgo.PNG.5469df62420d7f3c05

9 minutes ago, blandy said:

It's an irrefutable fact.

The government told them to 

and said

So only a subset of those "urgently discharged" were required to be tested. They were not required to be negative to be released. Everyone else - not required to be tested. As a consequence both known positive Covi patients and untested, but infected patients were released into care homes in large numbers. If they were known positive, the care homes were told to isolate them (good luck with that), otherwise, just monitor people as usual.

Look, I get the unwillingness to credit it - I don't want to believe it's true either, but it is. It is back and white clear. There's an absolute wealth of damning evidence from the words of Matt Hancock saying this is what was happening, to NHS staff and Care home staff confirming the same thing.

WOW! That is so damning. That there is going to hang Boris Johnson and his advisors.

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

WOW! That is so damning. That there is going to hang Boris Johnson and his advisors.

Only if the media or whoever do what I did and go find it on the Gov't websites.

• Like 1

Just wondered how many people in the UK have had the virus. My brother whose a nurse said to me that he reckons most people have already had it by now and built up an immunity. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Just wondered how many people in the UK have had the virus. My brother whose a nurse said to me that he reckons most people have already had it by now and built up an immunity. 

Not so many, I reckon, based on what someone posted a couple of days ago, I think - they tested somewhere (Italy) and found it was around 5% had it.

Anecdotally though, here, there are a significant number of people who think they've had it (I'm one) but have no idea if it was Covi or something else. But even then, no one knows if having had it makes you immune and if so for how long.

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Given the analysis done in other countries I think your brother is unfortunately very very wrong

its quoted a few pages back, only 5% of the French have had it and I think it was 7% of the Spanish (ish)

• Thanks 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Given the analysis done in other countries I think your brother is unfortunately very very wrong

Yes I do too but a lot of us posting on here might have had really mild symptoms and not known that it was coronavirus 

17 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I think that's the key word myself. They'll pass the buck just like has already started to happen re: the post about Jeremy Hunt blaming the scientific advice in the commons. And like many on here have called from early on.

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

Yes I do too but a lot of us posting on here might have had really mild symptoms and not known that it was coronavirus 

That's true, and I'm sure that's happened to some people.

But the analysis someone posted here was something like 4% of France had had it, and 5% of Spain (maybe 5% of Italy too?)

So I think saying "most" of us have had it is unfortunately a long way off.

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

Not so many, I reckon, based on what someone posted a couple of days ago, I think - they tested somewhere (Italy) and found it was around 5% had it.

Anecdotally though, here, there are a significant number of people who think they've had it (I'm one) but have no idea if it was Covi or something else. But even then, no one knows if having had it makes you immune and if so for how long.

Yes I have had  a temperature, sore throat and cough and then it cleared in a few days but have no idea whether that was coronavirus 

Edited by PaulC

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes I have had  a temperature, sore throat and cough and then it cleared in a few days but have no idea whether that was coronavirus 

Mine was headache, loss of breath (1 day), then really bad stomach cramps and upset (2 days), then quite bad loss of breath and almost passing out on the 4th day, then pretty much fine. All late March. Didn't have any coughing, though. I'd come into contact with someone who then self isolated just before I got whatever it was, and another who had some kind of bug, maybe it, maybe not, also just before. There must be loads of people like us who are either hypochondriacs or have had covi virus. Be nice to know which.

16 minutes ago, blandy said:

There must be loads of people like us who are either hypochondriacs or have had covi virus. Be nice to know which.

Simple answer is ask my GF. She's an expert and apparently is always correct in her diagnosis of hypochondria (including that time I was hospitalised with a stomach infection). 

• Haha 2

Examination of Roche testing equipment over here revealing a large false negative rate. I believe it's an anti-body test, either way, the numbers are clear as mud given the sloppy and rapid way various things have been knocked together.

This plot is close to as true a representation of things as it gets, imho.

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Awol said:

Times and Telegraph both carrying the story that Roche have developed a 100% accurate anti body test. Porton Down have checked and approved it, PHE talking to Roche. Hopefully we can soon get a handle on how many people have actually had the virus.  

I wonder if this the same as the nudge nudge wink wink private London clinic antibody test that my neighbour the doctor was talking about? 

Â