Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Norway is about to return to a degree og normalcy. Schools are open for all age groups from monday, meaning I’m back at work tomorrow, and the football will be back (albeit without fans) in June. Fingers crossed!

UK has averaged 5500 new known cases daily over the last few days. Off the back off that surely we shouldn't be on the verge of relaxing what is already a pretty soft lock down. In comparison Germany are getting around 900 new known cases a day, France 600, Italy 1500 and Spain 3200.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

UK has averaged 5500 new known cases daily over the last few days. Off the back off that surely we should't be on the verge of relaxing what is already a pretty soft lock down. 

Agreed. However, vast swathes of the population have already decided lockdown is over. Roads far busier this week and a sunny bank holiday weekend coming up :(

• Like 3

There were a team of workers in the fairground today, and literally lorries of spuds being delivered to the beach front chip shops.

The fairground won’t be open tomorrow (well, I just can’t imagine how it could be), but they’ve clearly decided it’s coming soon to be spending money re commissioning the kit.

On average, whenever I’ve gone over the island, I’ve seen between none and a dozen or so people out and about. Today, there were so many I started counting, 96.

Could be a big weekend.

First time I've heard clapping and horn honking over this way tonight. Previously it's solely been the odd firework in the distance. 

Guessing that's due to more traffic down by the sea front and people in the park next to us than there has previously been. 

30 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

UK has averaged 5500 new known cases daily over the last few days. Off the back off that surely we shouldn't be on the verge of relaxing what is already a pretty soft lock down. In comparison Germany are getting around 900 new known cases a day, France 600, Italy 1500 and Spain 3200.

we've handled this so badly that we can't ease off. If we do we will be locked down once again in a few months. 

When is this governement going to start facing real pressure?

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Do your research on dr Anthony fauci.  This guys scum and im sure he is involved in the covid 19 

What?

"involved in the covid-19"? What do you mean? :D

37 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Yeah but we're different! We won world war 2 and a world cup. Victory OVER Europe day. The blitz spirit.

We're not like those european pussies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Do your research on dr Anthony fauci.  This guys scum and im sure he is involved in the covid 19 

Well I'm excited. Show us what you got. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah but we're different! We won world war 2 and a world cup. Victory OVER Europe day. The blitz spirit.

We're not like those european pussies. 

That reminds me, that whole thing about how we didn’t close the bars and cinemas during the Blitz.

32,000 died in the Blitz. We’re about 3 days away from passing that figure.

• Like 1

Â