Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I think that was possibly me too :lol:

I accept that because I watched one video of a certain genre it will serve up more. That discussion was more about the lack of censorship on Facebook these days as there’s a lot of sexual and violent (murders etc) videos appearing. My kids are too young for accounts, but at some point they’ll what one and it’s no place at all for youngsters.

On 04/05/2020 at 15:56, VILLAMARV said:

Some interesting points. Especially in the A.I. app tracing rather than humans tracing context of The Event.

Good ted talk on that stuff if anyone's interested and got 20mins to spare

2 hours ago, Genie said:

#Quoting nightmare stuff#

19 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Please note that if restrictions are eased up this weekend it is not because it is safe, it is because there is room in an ICU to treat you. 

If you are going to die of Covid19 now is a much more convenient time. 

Also it's VE Day chap, let that spirit of victory into you and worry not about you and your loved ones and people you don't even know drowning in their own fluids because your boss needs you to go back to the office for no reason. Pip pip!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Also it's VE Day chap, let that spirit of victory into you and worry not about you and your loved ones and people you don't even know drowning in their own fluids because your boss needs you to go back to the office for no reason. Pip pip!

VE Day ? That was 75 years ago ! What next, Agincourt day ? 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

NHS are looking at switching the app to decentralised version - as others have said in detail, it makes sense on many levels. 

Haha, really?

Yet another in the long lines of screwups from our government that anybody with half a brain would have easily avoided.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Straggler said:

Please note that if restrictions are eased up this weekend it is not because it is safe, it is because there is room in an ICU to treat you. 

If you are going to die of Covid19 now is a much more convenient time. 

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

VE Day ? That was 75 years ago ! What next, Agincourt day ? 😀

Top work vt, top work.

Easily the best threesome I'll be seeing today

Star Trek Applause GIF

23 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Top work vt, top work.

Easily the best threesome I'll be seeing today

Star Trek Applause GIF

I know of a website or two that may beat this threesome off quite handily.

According to this England is the only country in Europe suffering a substantial amount of excess deaths still,

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps#z-scores-by-country

Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are all returning to more normal levels. England looks like having the highest and longest peak of excess deaths in the crisis too.

4 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

According to this England is the only country in Europe suffering a substantial amount of excess deaths still,

https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps#z-scores-by-country

Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland are all returning to more normal levels. England looks like having the highest and longest peak of excess deaths in the crisis too.

Good chart that - I think we need to quarantine England and let the other nations get on with things. 

My missus went off work with work related stress two weeks ago because her managers were all working from home but insisting she and other staff went in to work stating that they were key workers and should go in.

She's admin in the School health team but they share on office with district nurses, 7 of whom have now come down with Covid -19 at various stages since lockdown.

She got her phone call from Occupational Health at her trust today. When Occy Health tell her that she's not to go back to work and think the situation is mental, methinks a few people are in for a rocket (at the least)

Her managers appear to think she's cannon fodder whilst its ok for them to be at home, they've been trying to insist that she goes in two days one week and three days the other week. They've been hiding behind the "You're a key worker" line but absolutely forgetting that if you can work from home you should trumps it every time

Methinks Occy Health know they could be getting sued evry which way here

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

They've been hiding behind the "You're a key worker" line but absolutely forgetting that if you can work from home you should trumps it every time

Absolutely. I'm "a Key worker" but like a huge number of colleagues I've been working from home, because, well, the Co. can manage with that, and they're protecting us - safety trumps some kind of notion that "you're in this category, so you must go to work" - that's just wrongheaded bollex from W's bosses. 

There is some stuff that's not getting done because we can't access certain things without going in to our building, and we will get called in to do that stuff, but not until it's been made safe.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Good chart that - I think we need to quarantine England and let the other nations get on with things. 

Goes to show too many people in England. Lets ship some to Scotland and Wales :trollface: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They reckon Covid-19 could be transmitted by sex

Phew! At least I won't get it! 

Wait... :mellow:

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

They reckon Covid-19 could be transmitted by sex

Phew! At least I won't get it! 

Wait...