Generic Virus Thread

villakram

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Very old average population, most, if not all, of the deaths were older, or folk with underlying conditions

Fair enough - but why the strain in wuhan be more potent ? - because it was circulating before they realised what was happening ? 

3 hours ago, sne said:

Thought Norwegians would be terrified considering every one of your athletes has asthma and is forced to take medication for it to be able to compete.

Your entire skiing and athletics teams are in the supposed risk groups and could be wiped out. Scary!

Unless they are not really suffering from asthma and are just taking the medication as a performance enhancement, in which case I'm sure they'll be fine. :)

Think you'll find that pretty much every top level skiier take asthma meds, whether they are from Norway, Germany or Italy. Personally I find winter sports boring, so whether they are all wiped I couldn't care less. Suspect our youth skiiers would still beat Sweden in everything and that's the important bit 😄

• Haha 1

I've managed at the age of 35 to get mono with a superinfection. Been sick as dog the last 2 weeks, sick in general the last 4-5 weeks. Will likely last 6 weeks at least as they just fixed the bacterial infection.

Headaches, earinfection, 40 degree fever, two different massive bacterial infections on top of a EB virus infection. Oversized lymphnodes, stomach hurting. Shitting water. Can't sleep. Infections in my throat suffocate me 3 times a day, normally when I fall s sleep.

Mononukleosis is the biggest load of **** I've ever delt with. 

I kinda wanna try some corona now, cause I'm sure it's nothing compared to this. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, hippo said:

Fair enough - but why the strain in wuhan be more potent ? - because it was circulating before they realised what was happening ? 

I'm trying to find an article I was interesting in reading. There's an L and an S mutation. I'm not sure if the Wuhan strain is the original and both L and S mutated from it Or Wuhan is one of S and L and the other mutation is less deadly

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I'm trying to find an article I was interesting in reading. There's an L and an S mutation. I'm not sure if the Wuhan strain is the original and both L and S mutated from it Or Wuhan is one of S and L and the other mutation is less deadly

I think have read that article (I think I have read all of them tbh !!!) 

Also depends of the definition of deadly - is deadly because its spreads easily - or deadly because if you get that strain you die ?  - Although the latter sounds very dramatic if it kills too quickly then it can't spread (as well) because all of its carriers die.

Not trying to do the fear-mongerer thing but stuff like this is pretty sobering. 

Also supports the idea that Chiba concealed how bad things really were - hence why they took the risk of shutdown in the economy (the CCPs core justification for one-Party rule being national prosperity) to try and control it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've managed at the age of 35 to get mono with a superinfection. Been sick as dog the last 2 weeks, sick in general the last 4-5 weeks. Will likely last 6 weeks at least as they just fixed the bacterial infection.

Headaches, earinfection, 40 degree fever, two different massive bacterial infections on top of a EB virus infection. Oversized lymphnodes, stomach hurting. Shitting water. Can't sleep. Infections in my throat suffocate me 3 times a day, normally when I fall s sleep.

Mononukleosis is the biggest load of **** I've ever delt with. 

I kinda wanna try some corona now, cause I'm sure it's nothing compared to this. 

GWS - that sounds like shite luck.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Not trying to do the fear-mongerer thing but stuff like this is pretty sobering. 

Also supports the idea that Chiba concealed how bad things really were - hence why they took the risk of shutdown in the economy (the CCPs core justification for one-Party rule being national prosperity) to try and control it. 

Time to change the thread title to Intentional Chinese Germ Warfare? :)

21 minutes ago, coda said:

South Korea has tested 140,000 with mortality rate of 0.6%.

I reckon that is more accurate. The accuracy of the ‘mortality rate’ is reliant on actually knowing how many people have the virus. If you are not testing enough people and not finding all the sick people the rate is going to look much higher when someone actually dies (like the US where the mortality rate is close to 10%).

Â