Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I'm the same. I've not been jabbed, i've just been reading the Jack Grealish thread ;) 

I can’t believe you’d betray us and go over there, after you’ve been saying all along how you wouldn’t. 
We made you the poster you are and the least you could do is not go over there the second they flash a bit of drama at you.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Booster jabs announced for the elderly and vulnerable. All boosters to be Pfizer as it is most effective against Boris' delta variant.

As a 51 year old I strongly object to your use of the word "elderly" there! 

• Haha 4

Tempted to book a last minute few nights in Tenerife. Does anyone know the simple rules for 2 fully vaccinated adults and 2 under 18’s to travel there? 
Is it a test in resort and another within 2 days of returning?

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I'm vulnerable and had two AZ. I had my second in March and it was all that was available as I asked for Pfizer. I think it was inject whatever was available for my area. 

Sorry to link heil but it's a major story on their website. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9849067/ALL-50s-clinically-vulnerable-offered-Pfizer-booster-shot.html

Thanks for posting but any article that contains this line, must be treated with a heavy dollop of scepticism. As it happens I think it may be correct but...

MRNA is a type of vaccine and applies to the Pfizer and Oxford jabs while AstraZeneca is not an mRNA jab. 

I can't help but think that is actually a deliberate confusion. Can't have the British Oxford Vaccine dissed, so lets call it Astra Zeneca because that sounds foreign. It's either that of the journalist, subby and editor are effin morons. Close call I know

56 minutes ago, bickster said:

I can't help but think that is actually a deliberate confusion. Can't have the British Oxford Vaccine dissed, so lets call it Astra Zeneca because that sounds foreign. It's either that of the journalist, subby and editor are effin morons. Close call I know

All good points, I'll think I'll be better to  wait for further confirmation.

5 hours ago, Genie said:

I can’t believe you’d betray us and go over there, after you’ve been saying all along how you wouldn’t. 
We made you the poster you are and the least you could do is not go over there the second they flash a bit of drama at you.

It's a new audience for me over there... none of them have heard my material before! 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

It's a new audience for me over there... none of them have heard my material before! 

I threw a bomb in that he wasnt the messiah. I gave an example of hyperbole and it was wasted on them. I am going to stick to here and post shit music youtubes. 

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Thanks for posting but any article that contains this line, must be treated with a heavy dollop of scepticism. As it happens I think it may be correct but...

Been saying for months isn't it funny that when the evidence for blood clot emerged all of a sudden it stopped being called the Oxford vaccine. 

23 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

All good points, I'll think I'll be better to  wait for further confirmation.

Mix and match

Whether people will receive a different vaccine from their first and second is still being decided as ministers wait for further results from the COV-Boost trial.

Sky News

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Xela said:

Without context, that is a strange sentence. 

I can’t remember whether it was posted on or off topic.  If it was on then you have a lot of explaining to do to the off topic people, except @mottalooand his jogging bottoms.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m currently a few days into a great British seaside holiday. I can count on 1 hand how many masks I’ve seen in 3 days, and social distancing is out the window.

Is it the same everywhere this week?

To be completely honest it’s kind of nice, it’s nice that it actually feels normal. It’s like the old days*

*assuming I don’t get ill and end up in hospital.

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m currently a few days into a great British seaside holiday. I can count on 1 hand how many masks I’ve seen in 3 days, and social distancing is out the window.

To be completely honest it’s kind of nice, it’s nice that it actually feels normal. It’s like the old days*

I'm seeing less people wear them in supermarkets now. Don't get me wrong, the majority still do, but its down from say 99% to about 75%

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’m in South Wales and there’s plenty of people wearing masks. Not much social distancing, but it’s certainly not a free for all .

1 hour ago, Genie said:

To be fair as its constantly pissing down you're just stuck in your room so I don't think you would be expected to wear a mask or social distance! 

Edited by sidcow

56 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’m in South Wales and there’s plenty of people wearing masks. Not much social distancing, but it’s certainly not a free for all .

Amazing how different it is. No exaggeration, I’ve seen a total of 3 or 4 masks since Saturday. 

Â