Generic Virus Thread

villakram

22 hours ago, villakram said:

Meanwhile in Texas. It appears that relaxing all restrictions 2 months ago doesn't lead to the end times. This is what is possible when people are treated like adults and not children. Plenty of self enforced modified behavior, combined with the ongoing medical programs and summer.

Can’t VT get one of those social media style disclaimer things going at the bottom of posts like these like they started doing with Trumps inane ramblings? Irresponsible nonsense stuff like this.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

Whilst I was at Millennium Point on Monday (Birmingham City Centre) I did look around the huge place at the ethnicity of those getting jabbed (in light of what we’re seeing about places like Bolton, Blackburn, Bradford etc).

I saw hundreds of people in the half an hour or so I was there and I’d say it was 99% white, which surprised me considering it was central Birmingham.

Funnily enough the majority of those helping out and administering the jabs were of Asian decent, but those being jabbed not.

It would be interesting to see what the breakdown is of adults who have been invited but not taken a vaccine.

When I got the jab in London there were a lot of black people getting the jab too (I remember being a little surprised given the news about the relatively low uptake). Seemed fairly reflective of the local ethnic mix in north Clapham / Stockwell / Brixton, although obviously it was a very small sample size!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

When I got the jab in London there were a lot of black people getting the jab too (I remember being a little surprised given the news about the relatively low uptake). Seemed fairly reflective of the local ethnic mix in north Clapham / Stockwell / Brixton, although obviously it was a very small sample size!

That’s encouraging then, maybe it was just a quirk with the slot I had booked.

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Can’t VT get one of those social media style disclaimer things going at the bottom of posts like these like they started doing with Trumps inane ramblings? Irresponsible nonsense stuff like this.

It's no more than a politician playing the political game. I believe you may have noticed Boris doing this at some point and I'm fairly certain that each country has had their own flavor of this during this pandemic period. Instead of focussing on the trees, take a step back and see the forest, i.e., removal of restrictions does not lead to bad things.

Nice of you to jump on the censorship bandwagon too, btw.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villakram said:

It's no more than a politician playing the political game. I believe you may have noticed Boris doing this at some point and I'm fairly certain that each country has had their own flavor of this during this pandemic period. Instead of focussing on the trees, take a step back and see the forest, i.e., removal of restrictions does not lead to bad things.

So you believe you should be able to mislead/lie without consequence? Does that apply to all people or just those you like?

20 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

So you believe you should be able to mislead/lie without consequence? Does that apply to all people or just those you like?

In what way am I misleading or did I lie? I clearly made the macro point that I took/wanted to make, directly under the tweet I posted. 

Take shots at Abbot all you want, but it's "a" relevant piece of source material for one to use to make the point I made.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Genie said:

I had Pfizer Monday morning. Slight bit of tenderness at the top of my arm that night and following morning.

It had passed by Tuesday evening. No illness, or aches at all.

Me too.  I started off my shift trying to play up the pain a bit so I didn't have to do some of the heavy work but everyone saw through it.  I just had a slight lack of mobility moving my arm in one direction and even that went within half a day.

14 minutes ago, villakram said:

In what way am I misleading or did I lie? I clearly made the macro point that I took/wanted to make, directly under the tweet I posted. 

Take shots at Abbot all you want, but it's "a" relevant piece of source material for one to use to make the point I made.

Didn’t say you yourself mislead/lied, that’s on you making that assumption. Guess we should be thanking almighty joe Biden for the vaccine rollout if 0 deaths is accurate. 

go Joe Biden!!

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Didn’t say you can’t post it did I? Just that if you are going to post utter utter nonsense then a disclaimer should be put by the mods to say as much so people don’t fall for said nonsense you posted. Feel free to post, others are free to call your posts out. 

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Whilst I was at Millennium Point on Monday (Birmingham City Centre) I did look around the huge place at the ethnicity of those getting jabbed (in light of what we’re seeing about places like Bolton, Blackburn, Bradford etc).

I saw hundreds of people in the half an hour or so I was there and I’d say it was 99% white, which surprised me considering it was central Birmingham.

Funnily enough the majority of those helping out and administering the jabs were of Asian decent, but those being jabbed not.

It would be interesting to see what the breakdown is of adults who have been invited but not taken a vaccine.

Apart from the big two centres of Millennium Point and Edgbaston Cricket Ground, some of the other vaccination centres are mosques and community centres.  So it might be that of other ethnicities might be getting their jabs in those centres instead.    

But yes, i think generally the breakdown of adults is going to show a lower vaccination rate in Muslims and black people. Hopefully not much lower though as the govt/NHS have been making a concerted effort to target those groups with lower take-up rates.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Really excellent programme on the history of vaccines on BBC4 last night. Should be compulsory viewing for everyone. 

Can't seem to hotlink it properly, but it's "Extra Life: A Short History of Living Longer, Series 1: 1. Vaccines" on the iPlayer. 

It's won't embed but here:

Extra Life: A Short History of Living Longer, Series 1: 1. Vaccines:www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000w6s5

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Didn’t say you can’t post it did I? Just that if you are going to post utter utter nonsense then a disclaimer should be put by the mods to say as much so people don’t fall for said nonsense you posted. Feel free to post, others are free to call your posts out. 

Welcome to politics, you must not have been paying attention recently.

You can call out Abbott as he made the politically biased post. I simply posted it here and as usual, the content is ignored and things proceed straight to ad hominem attacks.

Just had about enough energy to get up and watch the match today, about a day and a half after my second jab came down with flu like symptoms No energy whatsoever and generally feeling like death warmed up. Had no reaction to the first one

Had a text from Dr's inviting me for my second jab, but slots are on Sunday..... I've got match tickets. 

Hoping tomorrow slots will open up for Monday. 

Flu

pneumonia

heart disease

Dementia

stroke

Those are just 5 of the 17 causes of death in Wales that are higher up the list than covid. Covid now the 18th biggest killer here. Flu is more of a threat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Flu

pneumonia

heart disease

Dementia

stroke

Those are just 5 of the 17 causes of death in Wales that are higher up the list than covid. Covid now the 18th biggest killer here. Flu is more of a threat.

Has covid deaths topped flu?

Genuine question not taking the piss

Edited by Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Has covid deaths topped flu?

Genuine question not taking the piss

Over 12 months yes, more recently, no.

Every third person that died in January, died of covid. Now it’s less than 1 in 100.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Flu

pneumonia

heart disease

Dementia

stroke

Amazing evidence for the vaccine as the Flu should be equally effected by social distancing measures.

Â