Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Has anyone had any side effects from Pfizer?  I work night shifts so if I have my jab early tomorrow would I know by the evening if I'll be suffering from them. 

If it's any help, my parents (in their 70s) had no side effects whatsoever from both jabs.  Obviously it could differ between people but a few at work (in their 30s, receiving it due to being vulnerable) tell me the same. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Has anyone had any side effects from Pfizer?  I work night shifts so if I have my jab early tomorrow would I know by the evening if I'll be suffering from them. 

My wife had nothing on first jab and felt awful for a day after the second.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

First dose - slight light headedness a couple of hours afterwards, beyond that just a sore arm for a couple of days.

Second dose - very very very tired about 10 hrs after having it, with a mild headache. Tiredness has lasted since having it and the headache has come and gone, and arm is more sore.

Nothing too bad - was able to work throughout.

Anecdotally the pattern with the Pfizer vaccine appears to be the first dose has hardly any side effects, the second is a bit worse but still not bad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

First jab had nothing the same night but woke next day to mild upper arm pain and but of headache and prob felt at 70% for 2 days. 

Jab2 same but the effects came on 48 hours later.

GOOD LUCK. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, trekka said:

Read the note I posted above from SAGE.  I'm not defending Boris, but if he / the Government ignored the scientific advice and things went downhill quite badly...

Maybe I shouldn't have directed my intital post at Boris, but based on scientific advice or not, we are never getting out of this if variants are going to be popping up all year round. Unfortunately, the media has still got a grip of the majority of people in this country. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Where’s the science that the vaccine isn’t effective against any particular strain? Who gives a shit if it’s more transmissible when everyone is vaccinated.

Depends what the science is saying. I’ve not seen the modelling or if they’ve shared anything. It would be interesting to know what percentage of people getting it are vaccinated, and if it’s in line with other variants.

Also, how many of the infections are causing hospital admissions (versus the other variants).

Johnson is about to save summer. It's a painfully obvious ploy with no downside. If the virus gets worse then he looks like he was right. If it doesn't get worse then he can say that he's decided that it is safe to continue opening up.

This method is more effective than the Xmas one, as he isn't promising something which he might have to withdraw.

Populism.

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Had it on Thursday and only had a sore arm. Still a little sore today but nothing serious. You’ve got nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

Today's coronavirus statistics say that the number of people in hospital with coronavirus is now less than 1,000.

Last time that happened was mid September. 

36 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Today's coronavirus statistics say that the number of people in hospital with coronavirus is now less than 1,000.

There is probably more people in hospital due to shoving things up their rectum.

End lockdown and lets get back to normal! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Open pub gardens and everyone is out enjoying themselves, life is glorious. Have a good weekend folks!

I've been to a few now and it's great but it seems to me that they seem to have forgotten how to give service in the past 6 months!  Maybe I've just been unlucky.

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

There is probably more people in hospital due to shoving things up their rectum.

End lockdown and lets get back to normal! 

Is that not where the lateral flow swab goes?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, limpid said:

Johnson is about to save summer. It's a painfully obvious ploy with no downside. If the virus gets worse then he looks like he was right. If it doesn't get worse then he can say that he's decided that it is safe to continue opening up.

This method is more effective than the Xmas one, as he isn't promising something which he might have to withdraw.

Populism.

What else would you suggest though?  For once I'm not sure politics is in play here.

Â