Generic Virus Thread

villakram

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Has anyone had any side effects from Pfizer?  I work night shifts so if I have my jab early tomorrow would I know by the evening if I'll be suffering from them. 

First one was fine, after the second I was knackered for about 48 hours. The main side effect was the lucid dreams which I was having for a fortnight or so. I spoke to other people at work and one said she hallucinated, the other said he was having some wild dreams too. 

2 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Speaking from experience?:ph34r:

It was accident. I was changing a light bulb and I slipped. My loose fitting chinos and boxers slipped down and I ended up on top of a plastic Hellman's Mayonnaise bottle, which just happened to be greasy due to some residual butter on there. 

You are the innocent victim of an unfortunate accident and then you have to listen to years of scurrilous rumours and gossip :( 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

It was accident. I was changing a light bulb and I slipped. My loose fitting chinos and boxers slipped down and I ended up on top of a plastic Hellman's Mayonnaise bottle, which just happened to be greasy due to some residual butter on there. 

You are the innocent victim of an unfortunate accident and then you have to listen to years of scurrilous rumours and gossip :( 

Amazing that it managed to go in thick end first, too!

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I've been to a few now and it's great but it seems to me that they seem to have forgotten how to give service in the past 6 months!  Maybe I've just been unlucky.

They just opened today in Poland. Everyone is bloody loving it Party Dancing GIF by Florida Georgia Line

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

kenan and kel nicksplat GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

Amazing that it managed to go in thick end first, too!

Thank you for not saying sideways. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

SAGE want us locked down forever.

And where are these 80,000 coming from? The vunerable are all vaccinated. Young people will just start dropping dead?

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

And where are these 80,000 coming from? The vunerable are all vaccinated. Young people will just start dropping dead?

Hopefully they haven't got evidence of some of the vaccines not being effective against this new variant.  I can't find anything about it from India online.

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Sometimes it feels like these agencies want to maximise their time in the spotlight. What are they gonna say? We are monitoring it, but our job with this virus is pretty much done for now?

18 hours ago, Genie said:

Boris does tend to follow the science, eventually. He tries and tries to ignore it, then finally acts too late. 

Always the same

No 10 has defended its decision not to ban travel from India sooner, amid concern that the coronavirus variant first discovered there is now spreading quickly in parts of the UK.

India was reporting more than 100,000 cases a day by 5 April, but was not added to the red list until 23 April.

Hancock is on Marr now, he just said they have extra confidence that the vaccines ARE effective against the India variant. This is from early lab data in Oxford. 

Vast majority of those getting ill have not had the jab, and are eligible for it.

5 people have gone to hospital after having 1 jab. 

1 person has gone to hospital and had both jabs, but was frail.

Nobody has died from India variant yet (update: after having both jabs).

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Hancock is on Marr now, he just said they have extra confidence that the vaccines ARE effective against the India variant. This is from early lab data in Oxford. 

Vast majority of those getting ill have not had the jab, and are eligible for it.

5 people have gone to hospital after having 1 jab. 

1 person has gone to hospital and had both jabs, but was frail.

Nobody has died from India variant yet.

That's interesting.  

Four people have now died in the UK with the Indian variant of COVID-19 - the first known domestic deaths from the new variant of the virus.

According to data published by the government, the four deaths from the B.1.617.2 strain of the virus, now designated a "variant of concern", took place between 5 May and 12 May.

Sky News

3 minutes ago, trekka said:

That's interesting.  

Hmmm

Either he’s lying, I misheard, or there’s some caveats to his claim. Maybe it was nobody had died who’d had at least 1 jab?

Either way, my take away from this is that as it stands there’s little to worry about if you take the vaccine once offered it.

He just said 35 and overs will be offered the vaccine this week.

Edited by Genie

Indian variant hospitalises six vaccinated people in Bolton
A "frail" person who had both coronavirus vaccines was hospitalised with the indian variant in Bolton, the health secretary says.

Five people who had had one Covid jab were also hospitalised in Bolton with the Indian variant, he told Andrew Marr.

He says he is not aware of anyone who has died after having both vaccines and catching the Indian variant.

"All this demonstrates that the best thing that we can do is get the vaccinations out including those second jabs and in the areas where are seeing infections rise we are throwing testing at it," he says.

BBC

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Hmmm

Either he’s lying, I misheard, or there’s some caveats to his claim. Maybe it was nobody had died who’d had at least 1 jab?

Either way, my take away from this is that as it stands there’s little to worry about if you take the vaccine once offered it.

He just said 35 and overs will be offered the vaccine this week.

If Matt Hancock is speaking then it’s fair to assume that at least 80% of what he says is total bollocks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If Matt Hancock is speaking then it’s fair to assume that at least 80% of what he says is total bollocks.

If the feeling is that the government want to control us and keep us locked down forever then he didn’t do a very good job of installing fear.

Indian variant no more dangerous than what we’ve seen before apart from its probably transmitting quicker (but no idea how much quicker).

Vaccines appear affective. 

People getting ill are those who seem to be avoiding having the vaccinations.

Hopefully the ethnic groups who are hesitant will get the message that it’s the right thing to do.

For everyone else it’s as you were. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, trekka said:

If you compare it to the flu. If a 90 year old has a flu jab, there isn't a 100% chance they will be fine if they catch flu.

We can't continue to shut down our lives because of a small chance of 90 years being hospitalised.

Â