Generic Virus Thread

villakram

It may be this in the privacy print. 

Special Category Data

Information relating to the individual’s physical or mental health condition.

Only vaccination events.

For me its the NHS app that lists all of my NHS information, I have a record going back to 1987 on it. I expect to see that. The covid area of the app has basic stuff. 

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s 2 apps isn’t there.

NHS app that has everything. 

NHS Covid 19 App which I expect has things only relating to Covid 19.

The vaccine passport is on the NHS app only though I believe

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s 2 apps isn’t there.

NHS app that has everything. 

NHS Covid 19 App which I expect has things only relating to Covid 19.

Yeah I have both apps on my phone. The NHS app with your medical history and links with your doctors allows you to show what vaccination jabs and medication you have taken over the years, that is the one which shows your covid vaccination status. Then there is the track and trace app which you use to book into venues and is supposed to tell you if you have been near anyone who has reported a positive covid test.

Edited by NeilS

NERVTAG expert: First dose 'not particularly protective' against Indian variant.

Public Health England data released this weekend showed that both AstraZeneca and Pfizer's vaccines offer a good level of protection against the Indian variant after two doses.

But Professor Ravi Gupta, of the University of Cambridge and the government's New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group (NERVTAG), has stressed one dose isn't enough.

"A single dose is not particularly protective and that's the situation that many adults find themselves in during a period of easing of restrictions," he told BBC Breakfast this morning.

Sky News

39 minutes ago, trekka said:

This is the sort of shit that needs to be stop being published and shared. One dose isn't 'particuarly' effective against the indian varient is not clear in itself. Secondly, isn't that why we recieve 2 doses of the vaccine?

It feels like we’re getting down to the parts of the population that are more reluctant to take the jab.

Around half of people who were due to get a Covid jab at a mass vaccination centre in Glasgow failed to turn up over the weekend.

The BBC has learned a "considerable" number of no shows were recorded on both Saturday and Sunday at the Hydro.

The venue can administer a minimum of 4,000 vaccinations each day, with a capacity to scale up to 10,000.

It comes amid efforts to accelerate vaccination following a rise in cases in the city.

The BBC understands that the number of missed appointments at the Hydro was higher on Sunday than on Saturday.

BBC

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It feels like we’re getting down to the parts of the population that are more reluctant to take the jab.

BBC

It seems a Strangely high number for no shows. I can imagine a lot of people not booking in the first place, but to actually take the trouble to book an appointment and not turn up, that seems a little odd. 

• Like 2

Just now, regular_john said:

So, the wife has been feeling grotty for a few days. Yesterday she lost her sense of smell and taste. PCR done this morning, results awaited.

Nervous time as she's 7 months pregnant. 

Good luck mate 

Looks like the UK Government has rebranded local lockdowns.

Government advice has emerged urging people not to travel into and out of areas hardest hit by the Indian coronavirus variant, unless necessary.

The guidance for Kirklees, Bedford, Burnley, Leicester, Hounslow and North Tyneside says people in these areas should try to avoid meeting indoors.

The advice was published online on Friday without an announcement and urges "an extra cautious approach".

A Downing Street source denied it was a local lockdown by stealth.

Advice against travelling to Bolton in Greater Manchester and nearby Blackburn with Darwen, other than for essential reasons, and for people there to meet outside where possible, was issued on 14 May.

Bolton recorded 451 overall cases per 100,000 people in the week to 20 May, the highest in England.

BBC

Itll be interesting what happens on 21st of June. I think the lifting will go ahead… for most areas but not all.

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

If deaths/hospital admissions don't go up drastically, does it matter if there are 10 new different variants? 

True, what I think the government won’t want to happen is for the infections to spread from the current hotspots.

This is why I suspect they will want to try a version of the local lockdowns from last year (which were not always successful).

Just speculation from my side. 

22 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

If deaths/hospital admissions don't go up drastically, does it matter if there are 10 new different variants? 

We should worry about new strains of coronavirus, but only as much as we worry about new strains of the flu.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 3

Test and Trace are back to tracing people ten days since contact. If they contacted the driver they were emailing me today about, that they haven't managed to provide enough details in order for me to find, then he'd have to isolate for minus 20 minutes. By the time they provide me with enough details which will likely be tomorrow now, it'll be a day over

Cardiff & Vale of Glamorgan have now run through the entire list and are now operating a walk in service for anyone that has been missed, or has changed their mind and do want a vaccination.

• Like 4

Â