Generic Virus Thread

villakram

17 hours ago, limpid said:

I don;t have the first option. I guess I'm waiting for my practice or trust to do something.

And it's now there for me too. Must be delays on the data moving around.

• Like 2

Meanwhile in Texas. It appears that relaxing all restrictions 2 months ago doesn't lead to the end times. This is what is possible when people are treated like adults and not children. Plenty of self enforced modified behavior, combined with the ongoing medical programs and summer.

Edited by villakram
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, villakram said:

Meanwhile in Texas. It appears that relaxing all restrictions 2 months ago doesn't lead to the end times. This is what is possible when people are treated like adults and not children. Plenty of self enforced modified behavior, combined with the ongoing medical programs and summer.

Can someone show this to Boris?

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Same with me. Its a few clicks in and it wasnt there yesterday. Excellent. Tel Aviv here I come. 

Select Share your covid 19 status
Select Continue
Select Travel
Covid 19 details found, select show details
Big old QR code.

I just found mine with the same method, no exactly logical at times. Nothing actually tells you to select travel, its just the only thing you can do on that page. Given that you cannot even save your login details fro the app on your phone and it logs you out in about a minute of no use, putting all those steps in the way, some of which are completely unnecessary is just highly irritating. Select Continue - > QR Code would have been perfectly secure

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I just found mine with the same method, no exactly logical at times. Nothing actually tells you to select travel, its just the only thing you can do on that page. Given that you cannot even save your login details fro the app on your phone and it logs you out in about a minute of no use, putting all those steps in the way, some of which are completely unnecessary is just highly irritating. Select Continue - > QR Code would have been perfectly secure

My app opens with Face ID which is pretty instant and saves some of the faffing.

Anyone having problems booking a jab on the nhs website? 

I go through the questions, select a venue, a date, a time (not many dates to choose from)...it then asks me do I want to have the same venue for my second jab, if I say yes, it tells me there are no dates available and basically forgets all of my selections, if I say no, it takes me back to the start again. 

Apparently it asks you for your e-mail and number so it can confirm your booking? If so, it’s not letting me reach that point. No bookings exist under the bookings maintenance tab either.

Any suggestions?

EDIT - never mind, I’ve twigged it and have managed to book both a first and a second vaccination at two separate locations (Telford and Watling Street Cannock, respectively). 

Wasn’t abundantly obvious, it’s seems like they offer you a potential location and then when you select it, they say “nope, not that one”. An element of trial and error seemingly.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

14 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

How have you got the second so fast? Isn’t that only 5 weeks?

2nd jabs are programmed much closer together in that Abroadia (UK decision to separate by 12 weeks initially was going out on a limb)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Anyone having problems booking a jab on the nhs website? 

I go through the questions, select a venue, a date, a time (not many dates to choose from)...it then asks me do I want to have the same venue for my second jab, if I say yes, it tells me there are no dates available and basically forgets all of my selections, if I say no, it takes me back to the start again. 

Apparently it asks you for your e-mail and number so it can confirm your booking? If so, it’s not letting me reach that point. No bookings exist under the bookings maintenance tab either.

Any suggestions?

EDIT - never mind, I’ve twigged it and have managed to book both a first and a second vaccination at two separate locations (Telford and Watling Street Cannock, respectively). 

Wasn’t abundantly obvious, it’s seems like they offer you a potential location and then when you select it, they say “nope, not that one”. An element of trial and error seemingly.

I went round the same loop a dozen times before I twigged. It was not intuitive at all. Had my first dose at Edgbaston  a month ago. Next one in July at Green Lane mosque. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, choffer said:

I went round the same loop a dozen times before I twigged. It was not intuitive at all. Had my first dose at Edgbaston  a month ago. Next one in July at Green Lane mosque. 

Cheers, I felt like I was going mad. They were offering me venues for the second jab that seemingly aren’t available in 12 weeks time and I sort of stumbled into an acceptable combination just by experimenting. Not very obvious.

Having spoken with a few mates, most haven’t had an issue. My one mate says he didn’t even have to book his second jab, they texted him with the details (for the same location as his first). Although another is having his first at Millennium Point and his second in Redditch, having also struggled with the system. Sounds like he gave up and called them to arrange it.

I had Pfizer Monday morning. Slight bit of tenderness at the top of my arm that night and following morning.

It had passed by Tuesday evening. No illness, or aches at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

First AZ jab I was a mess. Second jab, no apparent issues. Good nights sleep and up to this point, no problems. Oh apart from my penis fell off. 

Bill Gates wants his floppy disk back

• Like 1

Really excellent programme on the history of vaccines on BBC4 last night. Should be compulsory viewing for everyone. 

Can't seem to hotlink it properly, but it's "Extra Life: A Short History of Living Longer, Series 1: 1. Vaccines" on the iPlayer. 

• Like 1

Whilst I was at Millennium Point on Monday (Birmingham City Centre) I did look around the huge place at the ethnicity of those getting jabbed (in light of what we’re seeing about places like Bolton, Blackburn, Bradford etc).

I saw hundreds of people in the half an hour or so I was there and I’d say it was 99% white, which surprised me considering it was central Birmingham.

Funnily enough the majority of those helping out and administering the jabs were of Asian decent, but those being jabbed not.

It would be interesting to see what the breakdown is of adults who have been invited but not taken a vaccine.

Â