Generic Virus Thread

villakram

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's usually the Pfizer one where people are asked to wait 15 mins, certainly round here anyway

I had the AZ one on Thursday and because I said I was driving they made me wait 15 minutes just in case.

After feeling pretty rank early hours of Fri AM (aches, chills and a fever) I'm feeling quite a bit better, it certainly beats the alternative anyway.

1 minute ago, RussG said:

I had the AZ one on Thursday and because I said I was driving they made me wait 15 minutes just in case.

After feeling pretty rank early hours of Fri AM (aches, chills and a fever) I'm feeling quite a bit better, it certainly beats the alternative anyway.

Ah yes, I was asked if I drove myself. Maybe that's it but I'm pretty sure she said it after I told her my medication. 

Just now, RussG said:

It seems to be rather over-cautious. My missus actually works with the Imms Teams for schools and those nurses say it's neccessary for Pfizer because of the newness of the type of vaccine but AZ is modded older tech and they know how it reacts pretty well and any alergic reaction will occur pretty much instantly.

It depends on the issuing team though and their "corporate" advice, which seems to be based on not being sued rather than actual science.

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

It seems to be rather over-cautious. My missus actually works with the Imms Teams for schools and those nurses say it's neccessary for Pfizer because of the newness of the type of vaccine but AZ is modded older tech and they know how it reacts pretty well and any alergic reaction will occur pretty much instantly.

It depends on the issuing team though and their "corporate" advice, which seems to be based on not being sued rather than actual science.

Yeah, after my AZ it was 'suggested' that I might want to give it 15 minutes before driving, but the guy did concede that if there was going to be a reaction it would already have happened. In the end I stayed for ten, chatting to the previous recipient about prog rock bands.   :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

It's usually the Pfizer one where people are asked to wait 15 mins, certainly round here anyway

Had to wait 10 minutes because I drove to the place. Arm is heavy right now though but hopefully nothing more. 

41 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

Anyone else feel tired after having theirs? Got a headache which is normal but also feel sleepy, so a nap is needed haha. 

I know my mum had to take to bed for about 24 hours after hers, so it's not unheard of. Take care boss!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ismail-villa said:

Anyone else feel tired after having theirs? Got a headache which is normal but also feel sleepy, so a nap is needed haha. 

AZ jab knocked me about for 24 hours. Fine the day I had it, not fine the day after, fine again the day after that! 

It was like having the aches from a bad cold, nothing major. 

• Like 1

Over 1.5m now had their second jabs.  They are ramping up daily now.  It will only be a few weeks more and all those at risk over 70's will have had their seconds too. 

I'm sure I read somewhere that they've made changes to the Pfizer storage and transportation requirements that make it easier to move about than it was in the early days too. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure why people are concentrating on or concerned with mild short term reactions.

Even if they're more than mild, if they're short term then they're not really of any significance.

Edit: other than to 'perception'.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I'm not sure why people are concentrating on or concerned with mild short term reactions.

Even if they're more than mild, if they're short term then they're not really of any significance.

Maybe in China or Russia people are banned from discussing side effects.

Its just a bit of feedback as the majority are waiting go have theirs. People have asked about how others have got on with them. 

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Edit: other than to 'perception'.

I don't think relatively speaking, big outbreaks of blood clots and brain hemos are minor. People are dying because of the AZ vaccine.

I had a brain hemo at my uni days. If I were offered the AZ vaccine tomorrow I'd laugh at it. Not touching it.

58 minutes ago, Genie said:

Maybe in China or Russia people are banned from discussing side effects.

Its just a bit of feedback as the majority are waiting go have theirs. People have asked about how others have got on with them. 

And it's pretty unimportant.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't think relatively speaking, big outbreaks of blood clots and brain hemos are minor. People are dying because of the AZ vaccine.

I had a brain hemo at my uni days. If I were offered the AZ vaccine tomorrow I'd laugh at it. Not touching it.

Did you bother to read my post before replying to it? :mrgreen:

People are dying because of the AZ vaccine.

Are they? And how many? And how?

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

How many people has it killed?

• Like 1

Â