Generic Virus Thread

villakram

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

People are dying because of the AZ vaccine.

The ultimate in fake news. 

Not one person has died because of it. Show me the proof. 

However hundreds of thousands of people have had their lives saved because of it. 

6 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Did you bother to read my post before replying to it? :mrgreen:

Are they? And how many? And how?

3 in Scandinavia the last 2 days. Think they got 10 more on the E.R due to blot clots tonight.

• Haha 1

It sounds like Moderna is coming on stream in a week or so.  That's probably one of the reasons why there is going to be a big ramp up in vaccinations in the next 3 weeks. 

There was also something about a big delivery of AstraZeneca from their Indian factories as well. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The ultimate in fake news. 

Not one person has died because of it. Show me the proof. 

However hundreds of thousands of people have had their lives saved because of it. 

Hate to break it to you, but they are. Nurses in their 30's are dying of brain hemos here within a week of their vaccine shot. Same happened in Denmark according to the news. Lots of people/nurses are now experiencing blod clots and bleeding on the brain.

Now it might be a bad batch. It might not. I just know I'm not taking it and will recommend to anyone I care about to avoid the AZ one.

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Hate to break it to you, but they are. Nurses in their 30's are dying of brain hemos here within a week of their vaccine shot. Same happened in Denmark according to the news. Lots of people/nurses are now experiencing blod clots and bleeding on the brain.

Now it might be a bad batch. It might not. I just know I'm not taking it and will recommend to anyone I care about to avoid the AZ one.

Do you have a source? I would like to read about what's going on.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Then it HAS to be a bad batch. 24 million people vaccinated in the UK with nothing like that reported. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Do you have a source? I would like to read about what's going on.

It's pretty much covered every where if you speak the language.

But I see the public health institute got some of it covered in a recent update. They might have an English button some where.

https://www.fhi.no/nyheter/2021/meldinger-om-blodpropp/

Must be said the politicians will try and down play this. They will definitely accept 5-6 dead nurses to get the economy back running. They've already tried to say it's no connection and we must keep vaccinating before even having started the data assessment.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

26 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

3 in Scandinavia the last 2 days. Think they got 10 more on the E.R due to blot clots tonight.

And where has it been PROVED that its due to the AstraZeneca vaccine? Just because newspapers are saying it is doesn't mean that's the reason. 

Could even be sabotage or incorrect storage or something completely unconnected. For some reason overseas press seem obsessed with sagging off AstraZeneca at every opportunity. 

As MJM has said 24 million vaccinated here, probably more than 100m doses given worldwide. Astrazeneca is about as safe as any drug can be. 

29 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Though obviously more than mild, they would represent a very insignificant propoortion of responses, no?

Edited by snowychap

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's pretty much covered every where if you speak the language.

But I see the public health institute got some of it covered in a recent update. They might have an English button some where.

https://www.fhi.no/nyheter/2021/meldinger-om-blodpropp/

Must be said the politicians will try and down play this. They will definitely accept 5-6 dead nurses to get the economy back running. They've already tried to say it's no connection and we must keep vaccinating before even having started the data assessment.

Thanks.

To put the different sides here, here is the English translation of Kenji's link:

'The Norwegian Medicines Agency has received several adverse reaction reports about younger vaccinated people who have had skin haemorrhages (small-spotted skin haemorrhages and / or larger or smaller blue spots) after coronary vaccination. This is serious and can be a sign of decreased platelet count.

Who should seek medical attention?

People who have received the AstraZeneca vaccine and experience a sharp increase in the feeling of illness more than three days after vaccination and see larger or smaller blue spots on the skin (skin haemorrhages) must see a GP or emergency room as soon as possible.

Reporting of blood clots and cerebral haemorrhages after vaccination with the AstraZeneca vaccine

The Norwegian Medicines Agency and the National Institute of Public Health informed yesterday about a report from Tynset about an unexpected death as a result of a brain haemorrhage after vaccination with COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca.

Today, March 13, we received three more reports of severe cases of blood clots or cerebral haemorrhages in younger people who have received the AstraZeneca vaccine. These are now receiving treatment in hospitals.

Common to these patients is that they have had a reduced number of platelets in the blood. Blood clots and subsequent cerebral hemorrhage are a rare condition.

- FHI has put the AstraZeneca vaccine on pause in the coronary vaccination program. It is now the Norwegian Medicines Agency's role to follow up on these suspected side effects and take the necessary measures in this serious situation, says Geir Bukholm, director of infection control at FHI.

Similar cases in other countries

Similar incidents have been reported in other European countries, and the European Medicines Agency (EMA) is considering whether there may be a link with the coronary vaccines. So far, no conclusion has been reached.

Look closely at side effects reports of blood clots and bleeding

FHI and the Norwegian Medicines Agency have initiated analyzes to investigate the connection between the vaccine and various forms of blood clots, such as stroke and blood clots in the lungs. These analyzes will take time.

The Norwegian Medicines Agency will now look extra closely at reports of blood clots and bleeding for all coronary vaccines. We ask healthcare professionals who suspect side effects after vaccination to report as soon as possible.

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) has also launched its own investigations into the vaccine.

How to report side effects

Healthcare professionals are obliged to report suspected new, unexpected and serious side effects. The staffing at FHI has been strengthened and RELIS assists FHI in the processing of messages so that these are processed more quickly.

Private individuals can report side effects via helsenorge.no, but are encouraged to contact a doctor or other health professional if they suspect serious or unexpected side effects after vaccination.'

The BMJ blog also looked at this question recently, and this is their take:

'Denmark has temporarily suspended use of the Oxford-AstraZeneca covid-19 vaccine as a precautionary move after reports of blood clots and one death. However, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and the UK’s regulatory body have said that there is no indication that vaccination is linked to thromboembolic events.

Eight other countries—Norway, Iceland, Austria, Estonia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Italy, and Latvia—have also suspended use of AstraZeneca’s vaccine. The decisions are a further setback for Europe’s vaccination campaign, which has struggled to pick up speed, partly because of delays in delivering the AstraZeneca vaccine.

The Danish Health Authority said that one person in Denmark had died after receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine and that it would suspend the drug’s use for two weeks while the case was investigated. “It is important to point out that we have not terminated the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine—we are just pausing its use,” said the Danish Health Authority’s director, Soren Brostrøm.

On 10 March the EMA said that Austria had suspended the use of a batch of AstraZeneca vaccines after one person had multiple thrombosis diagnosed and died 10 days after vaccination. Another person was admitted to hospital with pulmonary embolism after being vaccinated and is now recovering. The EMA said that two other reports of thromboembolic event cases had also been received from that batch, which was delivered to 17 EU countries and comprised a million doses.

Close review

The EMA’s safety committee is reviewing the issue but said that there was currently no indication that vaccination has caused these conditions, which are not listed as side effects. It said that the information available so far showed that the number of thromboembolic events in vaccinated people was no higher than that seen in the general population. It said that, as of 10 March, 30 cases of thromboembolic events had been reported among the five million people given the AstraZeneca vaccine in the European Economic Area.

Phil Bryan, vaccines safety lead for the UK’s Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency, said, “More than 11 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine have now been administered across the UK. Reports of blood clots received so far are not greater than the number that would have occurred naturally in the vaccinated population.” He added that the agency was keeping the issue under close review but that available evidence did not confirm that the vaccine was the cause.

A spokesperson for AstraZeneca said, “Patient safety is the highest priority for AstraZeneca. Regulators have clear and stringent efficacy and safety standards for the approval of any new medicine, and that includes Covid-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca.

“An analysis of our safety data of more than 10 million records has shown no evidence of an increased risk of pulmonary embolism or deep vein thrombosis in any defined age group, gender, batch or in any particular country with Covid-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca. In fact, the observed number of these types of events is significantly lower in those vaccinated than what would be expected among the general population.”

Disease related clotting

Commenting on the decisions, Stephen Evans, professor of pharmacoepidemiology at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, said, “The problem with spontaneous reports of suspected adverse reactions to a vaccine [is] the enormous difficulty of distinguishing a causal effect from a coincidence.” He highlighted that covid-19 disease was very strongly associated with blood clotting and that there had been hundreds, if not many thousands, of deaths caused by blood clotting as a result of covid-19.

Adam Finn, professor of paediatrics at the University of Bristol, said, “The position with the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine at the moment is that there is no sign anywhere, including the UK where very large numbers of doses have now been given, that blood clot related illnesses are happening any more frequently than usual.

“That’s reassuring, because it means either that the vaccine doesn’t cause blood clots at all or, at the very worst, that it’s an extremely rare event.”'

8 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Though obviously more than mild, they would represent a very insignificant propoortion of responses, no?

Ofc. but that's not the point. The point is it's happening. And when a vaccine is killing people, it means people will stop taking it. Some because they are scared. Some because they aren't in the risk group, so they would rather risk having a mild flu than getting a brain hemo. Even if that makes the herd immunity harder to achieve. And some like me, whom are in the group of people who once have had a stroke and thus will rather risk a little flu than having another bleeding on the brain. 

I know I trivialise it for a lot of people saying a little flu, but most likely for me that's what it would be. I'm not in any risk group, so the risk of having a side effect far outweighs my fear of a SARS virus. 

I'm fine with taking a Pfizer vaccine cause I'm yet to hear anything similar of that, but I'm simply not taking AZ. Just talked to my mum, and she will refuse as well. I Norway we can't choose our vaccine provider, but we are legally entitled to know what they are shooting into us, so if we're told we're getting AZ we will just decline. 

It's also a bit scary, but this "Common to these patients is that they have had a reduced number of platelets in the blood. Blood clots and subsequent cerebral hemorrhage are a rare condition.". That's exactly what I had/was told when I had my brain hemo. And I mean word for word in Norwegian what it says. So, no, no **** chance I am taking AZ. Rather eat SARS weekly. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

And where has it been PROVED that its due to the AstraZeneca vaccine? Just because newspapers are saying it is doesn't mean that's the reason. 

Could even be sabotage or incorrect storage or something completely unconnected. For some reason overseas press seem obsessed with sagging off AstraZeneca at every opportunity. 

As MJM has said 24 million vaccinated here, probably more than 100m doses given worldwide. Astrazeneca is about as safe as any drug can be. 

I'm not sure what proof you expect. People are taking this vaccine in their best age and at the same time all over the country being admitted with the same sickness. If you think that's random, well good on you. The idea the same systematic mistake was performed everywhere is extremely unlikely. And personally that makes no difference to me. 

The best bet is that it's a batch problem, and that's one thing AZ can't afford. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm not sure what proof you expect. People are taking this vaccine in their best age and at the same time all over the country being admitted with the same sickness. If you think that's random, well good on you. The idea the same systematic mistake was performed everywhere is extremely unlikely. And personally that makes no difference to me. 

The best bet is that it's a batch problem, and that's one thing AZ can't afford. 

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/news/norway-concern-pfizer-vaccine/

Norway raises concern about Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine safety after 29 deaths

Norway has raised concerns about Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine safety after 29 elderly people with serious underlying health conditions have died after receiving the shot.

Norway has raised concerns about Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine safety after 29 elderly people with serious underlying health conditions have died after receiving the shot.

Bloomberg noted that even though it is not clear when the deaths happened, the country has inoculated as many as 42,000 individuals and concentrated on those at higher risk of contracting Covid-19, which includes the elderly.

The media company quoted the Norwegian Medicines Agency as saying in a written response that until 15 January, only Pfizer’s vaccine was available in Norway, and “all deaths are thus linked to this vaccine.”

The agency added: “There are 13 deaths that have been assessed, and we are aware of another 16 deaths that are currently being assessed. All the reported deaths related to ‘elderly people with serious basic disorders’.”

You seem to be running out of options. 

Not really. Elderly people are dying all the time. A large group of nurses getting brain hemos at the same time after the same vaccine is another story.

But I don't see the problem. I suspect a lot of Norwegians (and probably Danish and Austrian at this point) will prefer the pfizer one. That shouldn't matter either way as long as people get vaccinated.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

AZ jab knocked me about for 24 hours. Fine the day I had it, not fine the day after, fine again the day after that! 

It was like having the aches from a bad cold, nothing major. 

Pretty much the same, slight chills started 8hrs after then it all kicked off 12hrs after with chills, muscle aches and a fever.

I feel absolutely fine now, just waiting for those sweet antibodies to kick in.

• Like 1

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14002997/doctor-dies-36-others-develop-rare-blood-disorder-vaccines/

SICKLY JAB Doctor dies and 36 others ‘develop rare blood disorder after getting Moderna and Pfizer Covid vaccines’

A FLORIDA doctor died when he developed a rare blood disorder after receiving a Covid-19 vaccine, according to reports.

Just three days after he received the Pfizer vaccine, Dr. Gregory Michael, 56, of Miami Beach developed symptoms for immune thrombocytopenia, a rare blood disorder that stops the creation of platelets, which are necessary for clotting.

Others who got the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine also seemed to have developed the same disorder.

Luz Legaspi, 72, woke up to find bruises on her arms and legs and bleeding blisters in her mouth just a day after receiving her first dose of the Modern vaccine.

When she went to a New York City hospital, she was similarly diagnosed with the same blood disorder.

Officials stress that the 37 cases reported only show problems described by health care providers or patients after vaccination, and does not indicate whether the vaccinations themselves caused the disorder.

Scare stories are everywhere for all the vaccines 

They are overwhelmingly safe though is the indisputable fact. 

• Like 1

I can only speak for where I live. And AZ is the only one that's looking unsafe in terms of adverse side effects. Similar stories now coming out from two more countries.

There's a reason why they stopped vaccinating with AZ, but not Pfizer.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

13 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

There's a reason why they stopped vaccinating with AZ, but not Pfizer.

Yep, that reason was some European Leaders were trying to make a political point and totally stuffed up vaccinations across Europe as a result.

It has absolutely nothing to do with what you are talking about which seems totally unproven

Â