Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yep, that reason was some European Leaders were trying to make a political point and totally stuffed up vaccinations across Europe as a result.

It has absolutely nothing to do with what you are talking about which seems totally unproven

It's Norway lad. Wake up. We don't care about your infantile wish we were an empire again EU argument. Nothing to do with European leaders.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's Norway lad. Wake up. We don't care about your infantile wish we were an empire again EU argument.

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Now it's up to 6 European countries, 1 african and 2 asian that's stopping/pausing AZ vaccination.

Pfizer will have to step up production here.

Make your mind up

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Make your mind up

That's not what you responded to  my initial post was about Norway where I live. Which you responded inaccurately to, or wrongly to.

The second was more a general news/information post.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's not what you responded to  my initoal post was about Norway where I live. Which you responded inaccurately to, or wrongly to.

The second was more a general news/information post.

You'd already refered to other countries previously and your post I was responding to didn't mention Norway just They, so as my mind reader is currently recharging...

8 hours ago, El Zen said:

would bite your hand off for a jab of the AZ vaccine. 

Are zombie tendencies a side effect?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

It's obviously the Microsoft chip in the vaccine that's causing all the problems with the AZ vaccine, good thing it's not in the Pfizer one! 

The AZ vaccine has been a PR catastrophy here though, which is unfortunate. From delays and cancellations on promised orders, to allergic reactions, to not knowing what age groups it's ideal for, then it wasn't given to those over 65, to nurses refusing to take it. To blood clots and brain hemos in younger people.  But when swedish scientists are involved what can you expect 😂

Gotten so far it's given the nick name poundland vaccine amongst people. 

24 hours on from vaccination and no problems to report. 

Strangely I had a bit of an ache on my other arm when I woke up but I think that's because I slept on it funny. 

Huge quote from ze Germans (story is about how the EU vaccination programme is struggling and the UK choosing to go it alone)

But fast forward to late February and take a look at the front-page headline of Germany's popular Bild newspaper. In a mixture of German and English and with the union flag as a backdrop, it reads in bold print: Liebe Britain, We Beneiden You ( Dear Britain, we envy you).

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The AZ vaccine has been a PR catastrophy here though, which is unfortunate. From delays and cancellations on promised orders, to allergic reactions, to not knowing what age groups it's ideal for, then it wasn't given to those over 65, to nurses refusing to take it. To blood clots and brain hemos in younger people.  But when swedish scientists are involved what can you expect 😂

Gotten so far it's given the nick name poundland vaccine amongst people. 

This is an issue with your political leaders, they caused this, not AZ.

The delays and cancelations were because the EU didn't approve the vaccine to be made in the Dutch(?) plant scheduled to make the vaccine for the EU, the vaccine was approved but the factory wasn't (It was all in the deal they signed). Then they tried to downplay it's effectiveness (especially in the over 65s with no scientific basis), then they tried to stongarm AZ into giving them supplies intended for the UK

It also wouldn't surprise me if your clotting issue isn't also related to a single batch made in the plant that then had to rush to get the vaccine out due to the EU delays.

How many blood clot deaths are there normally in a year? Is there any likelihood that people have died and it just so happened they had an AZ jab. 
See if I can find any figures.

No source attached to the info in this tweet. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

How many blood clot deaths are there normally in a year? Is there any likelihood that people have died and it just so happened they had an AZ jab. 

Any idea what the language is of their source? 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Even if they were all caused by a vaccine you're talking about a chance of less than 0.001% on those figures.  At this rate it's going to take the EU a seriously long time to get the population vaccinated while the economic carnage carries on and probably hundreds or thousands more people die of Covid.  It's insane, I feel a bit dirty saying this but thank God for Brexit.

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Any idea what the language is of their source? 

German.

In the United Kingdom, the AstraZeneca and BioNTech vaccines each inoculated around 10 million doses. Temporal relationship with a pulmonary embolism (mostly triggered by blood clots = thrombus): 13 cases in AZ, 15 in BioNTech. 1/4

In both cases there was no noticeable increase in comparison to non-vaccinated persons. Nevertheless, one pulmonary embolism / blood clot anecdote after another has been chased through the media for days exclusively in relation to AstraZeneca. 2/4

Of course, I don't know at the moment whether there might be a connection. Certainly very rare side effects will only show up over time. This is the case with all medicines. It was no different at BioNTech (anaphylaxis etc.) 3/4

For the purpose of classification: If you have to go to the hospital because of Covid19, the chance of a thrombosis is about 1: 6. I have the impression that a lot of the media are overwhelmed by the situation and are causing enormous damage in their awkwardness. 4/4

(google translated)

Edited by Genie
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

German.

In the United Kingdom, the AstraZeneca and BioNTech vaccines each inoculated around 10 million doses. Temporal relationship with a pulmonary embolism (mostly triggered by blood clots = thrombus): 13 cases in AZ, 15 in BioNTech. 1/4

The 5 years of German I did at school were obviously worth while then! Didn't recognise a single word. 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

This is an issue with your political leaders, they caused this, not AZ.

The delays and cancelations were because the EU didn't approve the vaccine to be made in the Dutch(?) plant scheduled to make the vaccine for the EU, the vaccine was approved but the factory wasn't (It was all in the deal they signed). Then they tried to downplay it's effectiveness (especially in the over 65s with no scientific basis), then they tried to stongarm AZ into giving them supplies intended for the UK

It also wouldn't surprise me if your clotting issue isn't also related to a single batch made in the plant that then had to rush to get the vaccine out due to the EU delays.

I doubt it's political at all. This comes from our experts on medicines and medical research. I doubt it's made up either. It's normally a very careful bunch when it comes to stating something isn't right. Most of the news regarding AZ has been international as well. Allergy issues came from us in the US iirc. Nurses not trusting it isn't political either, it's a direct consequence of nurses getting brain hemos in 3 different countries at the same time shortly after the vaccine. PR disaster indeed. 

Delays might be an EU thing, but that's something people wouldn't even be bothered by. Tip of the iceberg so to speak. 

I agree it's probably a bad batch, but that doesn't really help the public impression.

Â