Generic Virus Thread

villakram

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

It could be that his surgery have already vaccinated all the older / vulnerable people and working down the list. 

Are GPs doing it? The impression I got when I was on the phone yesterday is that they book you a slot into an available vaccination centre organised by region. My first jab is booked in for Aintree Racecourse and my second jab is booked in for Boots in Southport. GP Surgeries didn't seem to come into it. My text didn't come from the GP Surgery either

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Are GPs doing it? The impression I got when I was on the phone yesterday is that they book you a slot into an available vaccination centre organised by region. My first jab is booked in for Aintree Racecourse and my second jab is booked in for Boots in Southport. GP Surgeries didn't seem to come into it. My text didn't come from the GP Surgery either

From what I gather there’s 2 ways the appointments happen.

1) you get invited by your GP (letter / text) 

2) You book yourself as you’ve met the criteria to do so.

For example, my wife was contacted by her GP by letter and text to get hers. She went to a very local centre last week at a couple of days notice.

My mother in law (late 50’s) booked herself when she qualified and she must go to a different vaccination further afield and the appoint is a few weeks off. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

My text definitely didn't come from my GP, in fact it told me that they'd got my mobile number from my GP, it came from NHSvaccine, then the confirmation texts come from NHS Booking

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

It’s odd. Talking to a neighbour on Saturday, he said he got a text last week and walked to the hospital/surgery on our road and got his jag on last Friday. I got a letter on Monday telling me to go on the internet and book one. But the hospital/surgery on our road wasn’t on the list of places. Got to go to the football stadium. Maybe it’s because he has a medical condition? 

• Like 1

My NHS letter basically said "You can book online now" - there was a choice of 4 or 5 locations - "or wait for a letter from your GP". I got a appointment for the following week at the nearest one. 

43 minutes ago, Genie said:

From what I gather there’s 2 ways the appointments happen.

2) You book yourself as you’ve met the criteria to do so.

For example, my wife was contacted by her GP by letter and text to get hers. She went to a very local centre last week at a couple of days notice.

My mother in law (late 50’s) booked herself when she qualified and she must go to a different vaccination further afield and the appoint is a few weeks off. 

I believe this is the way.  Maybe only certain Dr's surgeries have the vaccines? 

I'm in a dilemma.  I've been on line and can book at one of the large centres. However I would prefer my local. Drs who are definitely doing it because my parents went there.  So wait for the Drs or go to a big centre.  

I was happy to wait because we are isolating properly, but now the kids are back at school I'm a bit more exposed. 

42 minutes ago, bickster said:

My text definitely didn't come from my GP, in fact it told me that they'd got my mobile number from my GP, it came from NHSvaccine, then the confirmation texts come from NHS Booking

It's as @Geniesays, I think.

The offers can either come from the NHS or from the GP surgery depending upon whether the surgery is also doing vaccinations.

I was contacted by my surgery first and then via a lletter in the post from the NHS. My mother's contact was the other way around. Both of our surgeries are doing vaccinations but if you booked centrally via the website then you got options of other vaccination hubs (i..e. places other than the local surgeries).

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

Booked mine at the weekend via the Govt website and went to VP yesterday and got my jab. Felt odd being in the Holte Suite without a pint though.

Feel rough now, I wouldn’t plan anything for the day after if you’re getting the AZ jab.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Booked mine at the weekend via the Govt website and went to VP yesterday and got my jab. Felt odd being in the Holte Suite without a pint though.

Feel rough now, I wouldn’t plan anything for the day after if you’re getting the AZ jab.

Very unpredictable. I felt pretty much fine - no worse than a very minor hangover at most (and I probably even persuaded myself of that). Arm wasn't sore at all. 

Maybe they just gave me a placebo?  :)

My girlfriend started feeling shady on Sunday. Been to work Monday and Tuesday. Went home from work Tuesday due to just feeling off. The symptoms has largely been muscle pains, headaches and light fever. When she woke up this morning her foot was hurting, without us having no idea how she could have hurt it.  Tonight she started dry coughing. She took a test today, so we'll know by tomorrow. But it's hard to know. She works with kids, so she has like 100 of these things every year, all with the same symptoms. 

I doubt it's covid though, cause I haven't felt a thing, but who knows. The symptoms seems to be so varied in both type and intensity it's hard to know. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Sad 3

I’m starting to think that the government have some kind of quota of ridiculous nonsensical decisions to fill.

Children in England are being unfairly punished by the insistence they must abide by "incorrect" positive results from rapid Covid tests, experts say.

Reports have emerged of pupils having to isolate after testing positive at school using the on-the-spot checks - only for a more reliable follow-up lab-based PCR test to find them negative.

Parents said it was "ruining" the return to school.

Rapid tests at home or in workplaces can be overruled by a lab test.

But the government has insisted this cannot happen for tests done in school - although it has been unable to explain why.

Bbc

13 hours ago, Genie said:

It could be that his surgery have already vaccinated all the older / vulnerable people and working down the list. 

Thats exactly what happened.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’m starting to think that the government have some kind of quota of ridiculous nonsensical decisions to fill.

Bbc

LFTs are utterly shit. I wish the government would just admit that and agree that a positive LFT then needs a positive PCR.

2 minutes ago, darrenm said:

LFTs are utterly shit. I wish the government would just admit that and agree that a positive LFT then needs a positive PCR.

That only solves half the problem, in fact it's the other half of the problem that is the real problem with them. The false negatives

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

My girlfriend started feeling shady on Sunday. Been to work Monday and Tuesday. Went home from work Tuesday due to just feeling off. The symptoms has largely been muscle pains, headaches and light fever. When she woke up this morning her foot was hurting, without us having no idea how she could have hurt it.  Tonight she started dry coughing. She took a test today, so we'll know by tomorrow. But it's hard to know. She works with kids, so she has like 100 of these things every year, all with the same symptoms. 

I doubt it's covid though, cause I haven't felt a thing, but who knows. The symptoms seems to be so varied in both type and intensity it's hard to know. 

Keep well, pal. Fingers crossed for her. God knows it’s hard enough to find someone who’ll go out with you 😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Enda said:

Keep well, pal. Fingers crossed for her. God knows it’s hard enough to find someone who’ll go out with you 😉

True that, but not worried for us. Not in a risk group, but I have colleagues in a risk group, so I just hope it isn't covid. Cause I could have ended up passing it on without knowing.

Â