Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

True that, but not worried for us. Not in a risk group, but I have colleagues in a risk group, so I just hope it isn't covid. Cause I could have ended up passing it on without knowing.

Take it easy just in case. I'm not a risk group, only mid-30s, in good shape, no health issues and covid was the worst virus I think I've ever had. Felt horrendous for 3 weeks and still not over it completely. I lost 4kg in a week as I couldn't sleep or eat. Hopefully you don't have it though. 

• Like 1

I've just been sent home from work because I didn't pass the temperature test.   To be fair they did it 3 times over a 15 min period and it just kept going up.  Feel achy which is different to how I felt when I got Covid at Christmas.   Just waiting for the results to come through from a test I've just taken.  Should know in 24-72 hours. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I've just been sent home from work because I didn't pass the temperature test.   To be fair they did it 3 times over a 15 min period and it just kept going up.  Feel achy which is different to how I felt when I got Covid at Christmas.   Just waiting for the results to come through from a test I've just taken.  Should know in 24-72 hours. 

Fingers crossed its something less serious

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Fingers crossed its something less serious

Thanks mate 👍 I'm just concerned about passing it onto the kids if I have got it again,  especially as they've just gone back school.  My gf had her first jab a few weeks ago so I hope she's less susceptible now.

Denmark and others have put the AstraZeneca vaccine on hold after a person has died of blood clots. I’m not going to be entirely surprised if it turns out to be competely unrelated to the vaccine, but lots of fear will be stirred regardless.

Edited by El Zen

39 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Denmark and others have put the AstraZeneca vaccine on hold after a person has died of blood clots. I’m not going to be entirely surprised if it turns out to be competely unrelated to the vaccine, but lots of fear will be stirred regardless.

They can send it back. All the more for us. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Whatever happened to Jenny Harries? 

She has been in the media on a few occasions this year, but I think she's mostly been forced into a back seat because she wasn't a particularly good interviewee. Van Tam seems to have been notably to the fore in recent times IMO.

5 hours ago, El Zen said:

This kind of conservative behavior should enhance confidence in the vaccine deployment effort. It's those ignoring this issue that should be causing raised eyebrows.

Currently Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Italy and Iceland just announced too.

15 minutes ago, villakram said:

This kind of conservative behavior should enhance confidence in the vaccine deployment effort. It's those ignoring this issue that should be causing raised eyebrows.

Currently Norway, Denmark, Estonia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Italy and Iceland just announced too.

True. But my worry is that even more people will refuse the AstraZeneca vaccine, even if it turns out there was no need to worry. 

2 minutes ago, El Zen said:

True. But my worry is that even more people will refuse the AstraZeneca vaccine, even if it turns out there was no need to worry. 

Indeed, over here there have been 11 million AZ jabs and haven't read about any fatalities because of it.  Even if there was one that is astronomically small chances of it happening.

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Indeed, over here there have been 11 million AZ jabs and haven't read about any fatalities because of it.  Even if there was one that is astronomically small chances of it happening.

Would’ve died anyway 👀 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I was pleased to receive a letter inviting me for a jab - then I saw I have to go to a leisure centre in Barry - I might avoid Covid but will probably come back with Legionnaires. 

Holm View?

Always a warm welcome on the Gibbonsdown Estate. I’d take the wife’s car.

At peak covid, they’d started prepping that place to be a temporary morgue.

• Haha 1

Â