Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

LOL, true. It's kind of the whole thing, to be honest. It's just such a completely different situation. Obviously what has happened here has been a complete disaster, but I also wouldn't want some kind of reality-TV-meets-medical-dictatorship situation where the media breathlessly report on individual patients who are treated like they're radioactive and states locking down at every case of transmission.

Need to find a course that is not that, and not 120,000 corpses either.

Realistically I don't think there are any good options when dealing with something like this, just different degrees of poor outcomes. Places who from afar seem to have done things great often don't seem as perfect when looking up close.  

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Realistically I don't think there are any good options when dealing with something like this, just different degrees of poor outcomes. Places who from afar seem to have done things great often don't seem as perfect when looking up close.  

There's probably no such thing as a perfect response, but as you say, there are different degrees of bad, in which case there are things to learn. There will probably be an effort to 'learn the lessons' later, and you can consider my posts as a form of early objection to 'next time we should do everything just like Australia' 🙂

(Disclaimer - I know there are different approaches in different Australian states, and some seem better than others)

50 minutes ago, Genie said:

799 deaths, it’s so high considering >15m are vaccinated and we’ve been locked down since Christmas.

It should be better than this, by now, shouldn’t it?

It would be nice, obviously, but logically no.

it take around 3 to 4 weeks for people to go from catching it to dying from it. If takes around 3 weeks from being jabbed to having a level of protection, so go back 7 weeks - basically Xmas - new year and what happened then? Dickwad Bunter opened up the country for Christmas. We're basically back now to where we were in the first part of December, in terms of numbers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

799 deaths, it’s so high considering >15m are vaccinated and we’ve been locked down since Christmas.

It should be better than this, by now, shouldn’t it?

Nah. It's the way they do the stats. It's much lower on Saturday Sunday and Monday then they correct previous days.

The cut off seems to be about a week ago where days before that never get updated. The figure off 799 is a couple of hundred added to each of those days:

Screenshot_20210216-174936.thumb.png.71bcb5afbd181d670e932d5d1018157b.png

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths 

I'll do my graph in a minute and it'll be the same trend towards 0 deaths around the end of Feb.

19 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Nah. It's the way they do the stats. It's much lower on Saturday Sunday and Monday then they correct previous days.

The cut off seems to be about a week ago where days before that never get updated. The figure off 799 is a couple of hundred added to each of those days:

Screenshot_20210216-174936.thumb.png.71bcb5afbd181d670e932d5d1018157b.png

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths 

I'll do my graph in a minute and it'll be the same trend towards 0 deaths around the end of Feb.

Hd Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

Thanks guys, I just saw the number and thought FFS we’re never getting out of this.

I was thinking that if today was the day for the announcement of schools and maybe some restrictions being relaxed we’d be f**ked.

• Like 1

Somewhat baffling that one of the big news stories on this today is Jo Whiley being offered the vaccine before her sister, who is disabled and lives in a care home. Whiley thinks it's because she's classed as a carer. 

I'm not sure how far you can call someone who's relatives are in a care home a carer...

Something's wrong there.

• Like 1

My pivotchart

image.thumb.png.09fd42a0623db54ba1a527d842b435af.png

We hit 0, errr, a week today..

Looks like the data for the 12th and 13th is quite incomplete. Normally, anything over 3 days is 'almost there' so you might find the next couple of days sounding quite high while they continue to backfill those days. If I take those 2 out, the trend goes back to 27/28th Feb, which I'd guess will be how it ends up.

image.thumb.png.a0b62613a3d8303a82a30fd2e8e93597.png

Expect Boris's announcement on the 22nd to be in jubilant tone that we're now under 200 deaths a day. It's currently about 300.

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

Thanks guys, I just saw the number and thought FFS we’re never getting out of this.

I was thinking that if today was the day for the announcement of schools and maybe some restrictions being relaxed we’d be f**ked.

Which is EXACTLY why he's refusing to name dates like everyone keeps asking for. 

It had better come down a lot in the next week or you can expect a watered down speech on 22nd as well. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

It appears that the profession based immunisation programme was abandonned because it would be too complicated

So they just stopped at DJ then? 

• Haha 4

The Dutch Government is basically imploding as I type. 🙂

Curfew challenged and won in court against the Government.  The curfew was not legally implemente correctly and thus is null and void from 6:00pm.

At the same time.  The Anti-Curfew alliance accuses the court of being basically crooked and biased,  this has triggered a right cuffuffle in proceedings whilst the Government has issued "Super Turbo Appeal" {it feels made up} to reverse the original decision.

Oh,  they need to sort this out before 20:00 GMT (Approx 50 minutes) as that is when the curfew starts today.

So it's a party on the street or potential riots in 49 mins.

The Dutch Government are actually being laughed at. Honest,  Westminster looks like champions league compared to this lot.  They have no clue what to do and when they do it they **** it up.

(ALso,  one of my kids might get 30k as she was persecuted by the tax authorities along with 10's of thousands of others. Might be expensive the words removed)

• Shocked 1

Â