Generic Virus Thread

villakram

30 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Over here, from the weekend multiple people from 2 households can exercise outdoors together.

If figures stay on the current trajectory, then lockdown basically finishes in 3 weeks time: y’all can leave the house, non-essential shops open, tourism open.

All schools back 15th March.

Pubs / nightclubs highly likely stay closed a bit longer.

Sadly, it's the pubs that matter to me (and indeed to them). 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Sadly, it's the pubs that matter to me (and indeed to them). 

Recommencement of the pointless football season for me. Catch up with the gang face to face and talk random shit for 2 hours with some football going on in the background.

Then, to stand in Cardiff Market, mug of tea in hand, watching the world go by and getting some random herbs from Clancy’s.

Then, a walk around a different park that isn’t walking distance from my house. I know that last one is a bit ‘first world problem’ but it would be nice to see something a bit different, even I would admit Cardiff has a better castle than Barry, and better record shops.

18 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I expect it'll be similar in England with Johnson's address on Monday night.

Top of my wish lists are 

- schools reopening (I’ve seen the degradation in my children’s mental health over the last few weeks). They really need to go back.

- outdoor sports (for my son who is lost without the physical exertion of football, and also for me wanting to watch him play).

I can take or leave pubs tbh.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Someone I grew up with at some point became Welsh, I’ve no idea when it happened but he became extremely proud of his Welsh heritage and moved there last year. 

Anyway, this was his take on the announcement 

Its time for review Friday in good old Wales and sir cockwomble has dished us out another 3 weeks of lockdown even though the rate has dropped well below one.
He wants all the primary schools back but has promised little in the way of vaccinations for carers of children, teachers or transportation services!
Borders still shut but now you can exercise with two people from another household. 
So read into it what you will, your kids will share classrooms with hundreds of other kids yet again spreading the shite putting keyworkers at risk but its ok because you can go for a walk with a mate and everything will be rosey.
What a cock!

Edited by Genie

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Someone I grew up with at some point became Welsh, I’ve no idea when it happened but he became extreme proud of his Welsh heritage and moved there last year.

I don't really have any views on Drakeford either way but I can't tell from that reaction what they think Drakeford should be doing differently.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Someone I grew up with at some point became Welsh, I’ve no idea when it happened but he became extremely proud of his Welsh heritage and moved there last year. 

He sounds like a confused ‘glass half empty’ kind of guy.

Personally, I’d say Drakeford and Gething performed better than their opposite numbers in N.I and England, but that’s not exactly setting the bar very high.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I don't really have any views on Drakeford either way but I can't tell from that reaction what they think Drakeford should be doing differently.

It’s a messy post. He is an idiot (and supports Cov)

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

He sounds like a confused ‘glass half empty’ kind of guy.

I grew up with him on my estate, I never knew he’d ever been to Wales let alone that he was Welsh. His sister and his parents have never alluded to being Welsh ever.

I think it was when Wales did well in the Euro’s that it stirred something in him.

Now he’s Mr Wales.

Just now, Genie said:

I grew up with him on my estate, I never knew he’d ever been to Wales let alone that he was Welsh. His sister and his parents have never alluded to being Welsh ever.

I think it was when Wales did well in the Euro’s that it stirred something in him.

Now he’s Mr Wales.

A couple of frustrating 0:1 defeats to Macedonia or Albania will soon knock that out of him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Now he’s Mr Wales.

Plastic Taffy. 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

A couple of frustrating 0:1 defeats to Macedonia or Albania will soon knock that out of him.

Ah yes, the hedonistic times of being a wales football fan in the 90’s and early 00’s........I remember it well.

I still haven’t forgiven Paul Bodin.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ah yes, the hedonistic times of being a wales football fan in the 90’s and early 00’s........I remember it well.

I still haven’t forgiven Paul Bodin.

‘I was there’ as they say.

I literally knocked myself out as the penalty was struck. Came around a short while later and didn’t know we hadn’t scored. Couldn’t work out why everyone was so **** miserable.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

‘I was there’ as they say.

I literally knocked myself out as the penalty was struck. Came around a short while later and didn’t know we hadn’t scored. Couldn’t work out why everyone was so **** miserable.

How did you knock yourself out? 

I blacked out at Wembley when McGinn scored, full on, came round on the floor a few seconds afterwards, no idea how it happened! 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I blacked out at Wembley when McGinn scored, full on, came round on the floor a few seconds afterwards, no idea how it happened! 

Weird. I bashed my elbow really really badly during the celebration when McGinn scored and the bloke in front of me was lying on the floor for most of it, no idea why.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I was up in the god’s right at the back. A shady ticket they wouldn’t ordinarily sell.

I’m 6’2” the steel beam was at about 6’6”

You can probably work out the rest for yourself.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

At what point between now and 5pm on Monday will Boris’s plan be leaked to the media? 

Remember when that one journalist was given the leak, but she couldn't access her Twitter account for some reason, so a different journalist posted it and credited it to her?

Ahh, the sweet smell of journalism.

• Like 1

Â