Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, Genie said:

You don’t have to prove you we’re mis-sold PPI to get a payout.

I was mis-sold it by the bucketload. I claimed back over £30k, all by myself (that was yet another con). I really only had to write one line on every form. "I was self-employed"

The burden of proof on PPI was so low because the misselling was so absolutely widespread and corrupt.

But thats for another thread

23 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

TBH, I'm surprised there hasn't been more moral panic and ignorant outrage about the Oxford ingredients, considering the presence of the three trigger terms 'Chimpanzee', 'genetically modified' and 'human embryro'. 

IMG20210215205805.jpg

Probably because anyone expressing anything but absolute support for these vaccines has been labelled an anti-vaxxer, with all the associated baggage.

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

TBH, I'm surprised there hasn't been more moral panic and ignorant outrage about the Oxford ingredients, considering the presence of the three trigger terms 'Chimpanzee', 'genetically modified' and 'human embryro'. 

IMG20210215205805.jpg

It's a lie, there's no microchips listed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The human foetus part has caused a bit of a fuss in Australia:

On Friday a spokesman for Catholic Archbishop of Sydney Anthony Fisher said he was a strong advocate of vaccinations but “like any medicine they must be safe and ethically obtained”.

“Fortunately, the Novavax and Pfizer vaccines will be made available in Australia, they seem if anything to have higher success rates, and they are morally uncompromised,” he said.

“Anyone who is concerned about the ethics of the AstraZeneca vaccine should be confident in requesting an alternative, but also be confident that it is not unethical to use the AstraZeneca vaccine if there is no alternative reasonably available.”

https://www.smh.com.au/national/churches-on-collision-course-with-the-government-over-astrazeneca-vaccine-20210212-p571ys.html

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Probably because anyone expressing anything but absolute support for these vaccines has been labelled an anti-vaxxer, with all the associated baggage.

Probably full of that awful dihydrogen monoxide too 🤢

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Yeah, boo that medicine saving millions of lives.  What's it ever done for us? 

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

. . . wtf

They might be on the other side of the planet, but they've never felt more like another world.

Action replay:

auscovid.jpg

Did you read the back story? 

The head of Victoria’s hotel quarantine system, Emma Cassar, confirmed some wore bags during the transfer to protect their identity from media gathered outside.

Premier Daniel Andrews said the bags were “not issued” by the department.

“They’ve made that decision, not us,” he said. “And they’re entitled to make that call.”

The Holiday Inn on Flinders Lane is one of two “hot” hotels, meaning those quarantining inside are either positive cases or close contacts of those with COVID-19.

Ms Cassar said the only requirements for personal protective equipment for the returned travellers leaving the hotel was that they wear surgical masks and had hand sanitiser.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/melbourne-hotel-quarantine-guests-moved-due-to-water-leak-20210216-p572u0.html

I guess when there are only a couple of cases in the whole state being outed as a ‘known carrier’ who is waiting to enter the country would feel embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Got our test results back and both me and the lad have tested positive. 

Oh man, sorry to hear that.  Hopefully you only get the milder symptoms. Good luck to you and your son fella. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Did you read the back story? 

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/melbourne-hotel-quarantine-guests-moved-due-to-water-leak-20210216-p572u0.html

I guess when there are only a couple of cases in the whole state being outed as a ‘known carrier’ who is waiting to enter the country would feel embarrassing. 

I don't think the bags are the biggest part of the situation. Why are the media breathlessly filming it live in the first place? 

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think the bags are the biggest part of the situation. Why are the media breathlessly filming it live in the first place? 

The management of hotel quarantine has been pretty big news as it is the source of any outbreak that comes in. There is going to be a lot of pubic interest in a hotel evacuation at one of the hotels where people who are known to have the virus are staying.   

13 hours ago, Genie said:

You don’t have to prove you we’re mis-sold PPI to get a payout.

Time will tell, as Sid says, of a test case or 2 go through then it’ll be open season. 

You did if you purchased it from my company. Never paid out on, or was found guilty of any wrong doing on a single case and we did over 100 policies a month for years 

51 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Oh man, sorry to hear that.  Hopefully you only get the milder symptoms. Good luck to you and your son fella. 

Been up since 3am as couldn't sleep. Little one is generally fine and running around like a crazy thing. 

Head feels like crap and coughing a fair amount, mainly feel exhausted. 

I just need to sort someone covering me at work as it was a busy week then I can rest. 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Been up since 3am as couldn't sleep. Little one is generally fine and running around like a crazy thing. 

Head feels like crap and coughing a fair amount, mainly feel exhausted. 

I just need to sort someone covering me at work as it was a busy week then I can rest. 

Hang in there. Hopefully won't be any worse than my daughter and her husband who also had to power through while looking after a baby. They were pretty much through it in a week. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The management of hotel quarantine has been pretty big news as it is the source of any outbreak that comes in. There is going to be a lot of pubic interest in a hotel evacuation at one of the hotels where people who are known to have the virus are staying.   

'There is going to be a lot of public interest' =/= 'We should therefore broadcast live', obviously.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

'There is going to be a lot of public interest' =/= 'We should therefore broadcast live', obviously.

Your comment about Australia being another world was about the tabloid media being too intrusive? That seems a bit odd coming from a Brit 😆

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Your comment about Australia being another world was about the tabloid media being too intrusive? That seems a bit odd coming from a Brit 😆

LOL, true. It's kind of the whole thing, to be honest. It's just such a completely different situation. Obviously what has happened here has been a complete disaster, but I also wouldn't want some kind of reality-TV-meets-medical-dictatorship situation where the media breathlessly report on individual patients who are treated like they're radioactive and states locking down at every case of transmission.

Need to find a course that is not that, and not 120,000 corpses either.

So the BBC reported yesterday that schools didn't increase the spread of covid. 

The actual people who conducted the research have called them out on it. 

Are the BBC that much of a tory mouth piece that they'd do this? Seems much more like something you'd expect from the Mail or the Times. 

• Like 1

Â