Generic Virus Thread

villakram

8 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I really hate it when I start rooting for Piers Morgan, I feel dirty.

I know.

We have people in charge that make decisions AGAINST expert advice that cost many lives. And the can keep doing it over and over.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, darrenm said:

The gov should definitely take this seriously and get the data so they can change the calculations to see if it's still worth vaccinating twice as many people but at lower efficacy.

They should have done that BEFORE changing the 3 weeks to 12. OK, they've got real world data from Israel, but a clinical trial could/should have been done prior to deciding, rather than use (conflicting) medical opinion as a basis for taking the decision. 

• Like 1

He's going to open the schools too early isn't he?  Not that they are really closed anyway.  He really needs to resign as should the pratt who hired him.  What does Williamson even do all day?  To hit his level of incompetence you have to actively avoid getting new information.  Is he a big MMO player or something, cos he's clearly not spending much time in this reality?

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Great viewing. This word removed should have resigned long ago. 

Can only argue on his last point because I saw a more incompetent decision making process just last night!

In other news, this is me played by Ralph Wiggum upon hearing that Glastonbury is cancelled again (okay, it was pretty inevitable and there are more important things...):

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Deaths the lowest all week at 1,290.

New cases down to 37,892, a reduction from yesterday and way down on where we were a couple of weeks ago.

363,508 vaccinated, more than 20,000 up on yesterday.

Be interested to see just how much more they can increase that.  Also how many they can get done at the weekends which were a much smaller figure.  I mean if they did 370,000 a day 7 days a week, that's just shy of 2.6m!

Funny thing, a Government minster was on the news boasting we were doing 200 vaccines a minute, but we must be doing significantly more than that.    By my maths 363,000 / 8 hours opening = 43,375 an hour / 60 minutes = 723 a minute.

Even working it out on 24 hr a day working (which they are not doing yet) it's 252 an hour.  How odd to pick a boastful figure which is actually quite a lot less than you are doing. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Great viewing. This word removed should have resigned long ago. 

"Why don't you resign, and let somebody more competent take over?" 

Erm, I think I can see the flaw in this... 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

"Why don't you resign, and let somebody more competent take over?" 

Erm, I think I can see the flaw in this... 

I liked it cos it’s funny.......but in reality, I’m fairly sure a tub of lard could do better than what we have.

53 minutes ago, sidcow said:

New cases down to 37,892, a reduction from yesterday and way down on where we were a couple of weeks ago.

363,508 vaccinated, more than 20,000 up on yesterday.

Be interested to see just how much more they can increase that.  Also how many they can get done at the weekends which were a much smaller figure.  I mean if they did 370,000 a day 7 days a week, that's just shy of 2.6m!

Funny thing, a Government minster was on the news boasting we were doing 200 vaccines a minute, but we must be doing significantly more than that.    By my maths 363,000 / 8 hours opening = 43,375 an hour / 60 minutes = 723 a minute.

Even working it out on 24 hr a day working (which they are not doing yet) it's 252 an hour.  How odd to pick a boastful figure which is actually quite a lot less than you are doing. 

I think if there’s one thing we can say with absolute certainty after this past year it’s that any numbers offered by any government minister at any point and on any subject are more than likely to be wrong.

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Just imagine anyone saying the above in the positive(ish)* context that you are, three, six or nine months ago and just think what a catastrophic failure must have happened to get to that point. 

*I appreciate you're not saying these number are good, just that they are comparatively not as bad

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Genie said:

I expect them to open schools after Feb half term as long as the numbers are on a downward trend.

Top 2 groups will be vaccinated by then (which accounts for around 88% of deaths).

Fingers crossed. The average age of a coivd victim, was, at least a couple of months back, 84 i think. Which is higher than the average life expectancy in the UK. If we can get those people vaccinated and sorted, the numbers of deaths should hopefully plummet massively. 

• Like 1

I'm still staggered by the lack of (reported) deaths in China. Less than 5k and less than 1k outside the Wuhan region. 

Hmmmmm. 

• Like 1

Just now, Xela said:

Fingers crossed. The average age of a coivd victim, was, at least a couple of months back, 84 i think. Which is higher than the average life expectancy in the UK. If we can get those people vaccinated and sorted, the numbers of deaths should hopefully plummet massively. 

I agree, but also think there must be a way for the Government **** it up.

Give it a month and we’ll be scratching our heads why there’s still a thousand deaths per day when all the 70+ are vaccinated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I'm still staggered by the lack of (reported) deaths in China. Less than 5k and less than 1k outside the Wuhan region. 

Hmmmmm. 

Yep, absolute bollox. Given how cramped the living conditions are for many it must’ve absolutely ripped through in the early weeks and months.

I expect now if you have it they take you out the back and put a bullet in you.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

Hmmmmm. 

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yep, absolute bollox. Given how cramped the living conditions are for many it must’ve absolutely ripped through in the early weeks and months.

I expect now if you have it they take you out the back and put a bullet in you.

I don't believe anything about the numbers coming out of China. 

We've seen how it rips through communities unless there is a total lockdown. They are still fairly open for the most part with loads of crowded cities.  No way are they declaring what's going on. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't believe anything about the numbers coming out of China. 

We've seen how it rips through communities unless there is a total lockdown. They are still fairly open for the most part with loads of crowded cities.  No way are they declaring what's going on. 

Are they allowing fights in and out of the country? If so then no matter how good their lockdowns are they’ll have it, and it’ll be spreading.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Are they allowing fights in and out of the country? If so then no matter how good their lockdowns are they’ll have it, and it’ll be spreading.

Unless of course they'd vaccinated the vast majority of the public before they released it into the wild..... /s

Â