Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Oh man.  Another record of 1,820 dead today.   Grim,

New infections still below 40,000 though albeit up from the last couple of days. 

However 343,163 vaccinated.   If they can keep that up all week days I make that 5 x 343,163 = 1,715,815.  They seemed to have done about 220,000 each weekend day so 440,000.  I make that 2,155,815 in a week.

And they have still not opened up all centers yet.

Anyway it's clear that subject to supply they are going to be going way more than 2m a week.   I reckon they are aiming for minimum 2.5m a week in reality.

For those saying the figures don't add up, they have only said they are vaccinating adults over 18 so that's 53m to do.  If they continue at 2.2m per week that's 24 weeks or 6 months taking us to end of June.   Obviously they need to start doing the second shots so they will have to slow down the new ones entering the system.  It seems feasible though, I still think they will be aiming to do 2.5m-3m per week when in full swing.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

It was only 9 months ago, that 600 deaths a day in Italy was being reported like a disaster movie. 

1800 dead and its nothing. Absolutely mad. 

Imagine if those 5 days of Christmas had gone ahead. 

I was just thinking that. 1 day was 1 too many. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I also wonder how many were added when they forced schools to stay open before Christmas holidays and made kids go in for that one day. 

Great point, our school sent out a thing saying they’d had no school closures due to Covid from September to Christmas. Then in that 1 day I am aware of 2 positive cases in my daughters class alone.

The politicians should be charged with something forcing the schools open on that day, and now we also have the data for all the cases amongst teachers across the country.

Hundreds of deaths (at least) down to them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Just been on Facebook, and there are still, still, plenty of morons on there saying it's all a myth, and no different from normal winter flu. I despair. 

Its getting me down in all honesty. 1800. **** 1800 and still people aren’t taking it seriously. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Its getting me down in all honesty. 1800. **** 1800 and still people aren’t taking it seriously. 

Same here. There was a postive post on Facebook yesterday about how many people vaccinated and the comments genuinely made me angry.

So, so many idiots spouting their uneducated moronic comments. There’s so many people sharing the view that it’s a scam, the vaccine is dangerous and they are the master race who can see through the lies.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, trekka said:

My folks took a phone call from the local GP surgery today.  They asked for my old man to get him in for the jab (in his 70s, has COPD).  He said "what about my wife?" (also in her 70s but wasn't then on the initial call-out list). 

Both are now in tomorrow for the first dose.  A relief I must say. 

Excellent

My Dad is a bit younger (69) but has COPD, so hoping the call isn't too far away. Mom is 66 and has diabetes, so hopefully both get done soon :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Same here. There was a postive post on Facebook yesterday about how many people vaccinated and the comments genuinely made me angry.

So, so many idiots spouting their uneducated moronic comments. There’s so many people sharing the view that it’s a scam, the vaccine is dangerous and they are the master race who can see through the lies.

Thats why i'm not on social media. I'd be upsetting more people than Trump with my responses to those messages! 

• Like 2

An interesting angle I saw yesterday was that coronavirus was a plan by the elite to eradicate cash and make all payments electronic - and it has to be stopped.

He’s a tradesman. I’m sure there’s no connection.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

His profits are probably down by whatever the tax rate is :) 

I've only used cash once since the summer and that was when a mobile auto electrician came out and fixed my car. 

I even paid a mobile tyre fitter by card. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Xela said:

His profits are probably down by whatever the tax rate is :) 

I've only used cash once since the summer and that was when a mobile auto electrician came out and fixed my car. 

I even paid a mobile tyre fitter by card. 

It’s probably a big issue for a lot of these guys who have had all the government handouts but were still working. Electronic payments mean they will struggle to record a big enough loss on the books.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Great point, our school sent out a thing saying they’d had no school closures due to Covid from September to Christmas. Then in that 1 day I am aware of 2 positive cases in my daughters class alone.

The politicians should be charged with something forcing the schools open on that day, and now we also have the data for all the cases amongst teachers across the country.

Hundreds of deaths (at least) down to them.

The vaccination progress is good news, but absolutely this. It's not the benefit of hindsight, there was widespread opposition, and they dug their heels in and did it anyway. The government have blood on their hands because they were too cowardly to give bad news. 

55 minutes ago, Genie said:

Over 1800 dead and it’s not even top story on the 10 o’clock news.

Duuuhhh. 

Someone on the other side of the world has a new job. 

CoarseWindyAurochs-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Genie said:

An interesting angle I saw yesterday was that coronavirus was a plan by the elite to eradicate cash and make all payments electronic - and it has to be stopped.

No joke, my wife works in the NHS on several mental health wards. A nurse came to work for multiple days with covid symptoms and told people this. She infected multiple patients, four members of staff (one went on a ventilator and came off) and infected her own family. 

What the hell is wrong with some people. 

• Sad 1

Â