Generic Virus Thread

villakram

30 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

David Icke knows his onions 

There something coded into human nature that tells a lot of people to abandon the sensible, logical and reasonable outcome and adopt the mental one.

You could have 1000 very intelligent people who have studied a topic in great detail, each with no particular reason to lie... then 1 crazy guy with no background in the subject, no research and every reason to be biased who says it’s all a cover up/lie... and people think “he’s bloody right, wake up people”.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

There something coded into human nature that tells a lot of people to abandon the sensible, logical and reasonable outcome and adopt the mental one.

You could have 1000 very intelligent people who have studied a topic in great detail, each with no particular reason to lie... then 1 crazy guy with no background in the subject, no research and every reason to be biased who says it’s all a cover up/lie... and people think “he’s bloody right, wake up people”.

Yeah watched something of his the other night, and the comments section was very bizarre with people latching on to his theory . There are definitely conspiracies, but not every bloody time something happens 🙂

• Like 1

Speaking of conspiracies, has anyone heard from Peterms lately? His last post appears to be about conspiracy theories relating to the virus but back at the start of Feb. I hope he hasn’t had a visit from a nefarious government agency?

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Boris’ new video statement on twitter has very much the look of a bloke who just walked away from a car wreck not really knowing how he’s still alive. 

If he was ever going to have an epiphany about public services, it doesn’t hurt to have received it while he’s got 5 yrs to push as PM and the majority to do something about it. 

Yes seemed genuinely grateful to the NHS saving his life, and two nurses in particular. Doctors and Burses on the wards are unbelievable. I hope they get rewarded with big bonuses after all this. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Who do you believe, actual experts or some bloke off the internet?

Science Mag (reporting the Lancet)

There are experts on the Video I posted earlier, not just some random reporter. An to br fair experts get it wrong too, as in our chief medical officers and scientists.

I'm not saying I believe it's man made, but I also have reserves on how it cant be, it's just too effective.

It is also gonna be widely publicised soon, that it may not have actually originated from the Wuhan market, but if you want to believe the Chinese communist goverment you go ahead.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

There are experts on the Video I posted earlier, not just some random reporter. An to br fair experts get it wrong too, as in our chief medical officers and scientists.

I'm not saying I believe it's man made, but I also have reserves on how it cant be, it's just too effective.

It is also gonna be widely publicised soon, that it may not have actually originated from the Wuhan market, but if you want to believe the Chinese communist goverment you go ahead.

Jesus, F***ing. Wept

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sne said:

Don’t worry, it’s from a legit study 

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-0282_article

Assuming a serial interval of 6–9 days, we calculated a median R0 value of 5.7 (95% CI 3.8–8.9). We further show that active surveillance, contact tracing, quarantine, and early strong social distancing efforts are needed to stop transmission of the virus.

When it’s that high, I just can’t see how there won’t be more lockdowns/waves of infection given there’s no vaccine or feasible therapy. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Perhaps Bill Gates created it given he warned an effective virus could strike at anytime over five years ago!? The WHO have known for years that a disease X would cause a global pandemic and this could be it.

Here’s a starting point: watch “Pandemic” on Netflix and you’ll find out how it can be so effective and definitely not man made. 

Coronavirus may spread twice as fast as previously thought – with one patient infecting 5.7 others rather than 2.5, Wuhan study shows

Just on this, people are used to thinking linearly or multiplicatively. That's not the right way to think about exponential growth.

For context, let's start with a base of ten. Ten to the power of 2.5 is 315. Ten to the power of 5.7 is over 500,000.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Out of interest... were all those 100s of 1000s of life-long Labour voters who just voted Tory actually heartless mongrels all along? Or is it possible these caricatured generalisations don’t really exist outside your own imagination? 

I think brexit brought out the worst in both sides. 

And again its a prime example of what I was talking about. Politics has become more about winning than caring about people. Like you say, life long labour voters switched to just get it done 

“Don’t worry, you can trust about things. We’re very trustworthy as our past record about things suggest” 

“What? We’ve lied about stuff in the past. Nah, never. And this? Well don’t worry, it’s fine. You can trust us”

Technology firms are processing large volumes of confidential UK patient information in a data-mining operation that is part of the government’s response to the coronavirus outbreak, according to documents seen by the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/12/uk-government-using-confidential-patient-data-in-coronavirus-response

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

17 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Might be of particular interest to @Stevo985.

“Speak to that department it’s not our responsibility”

“No sorry, not us either, you’ll need to speak to this department”

“Sorry, we don’t do this here. Can you speak to this department?”

“You again!? What did we tell you the first time” 

What a bunch of words removed.

• Like 1

Â