Generic Virus Thread

villakram

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Where are you mate? Here in Katowice it's very quiet but I saw pictures of usual street markets in Lodz

Kraków, although outside the city limits technically, residential village area.

Edited by fightoffyour

Boris looked rough. He also didn’t look great just before he got diagnosed. I’m pretty confident that he was pretty ill off coronavirus. Loads of people pull through though, and he would have been priority. 

42 minutes ago, brommy said:

Spain relaxing some restrictions. The details will be interesting and a possible indication of what the UK will do.

Will be interesting to see how much the infection rate goes up and also the death rate. 

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Will be interesting to see how much the infection rate goes up and also the death rate. 

Well, it’s a grim reality but I guess by the time restrictions are relaxed a heck of a lot of the primary target audience for the virus will have already perished.

I think rate of infection on an ongoing basis will only be possible to measure with mass and frequent testing but I guess the rate of deaths will seemingly decline for the aforementioned reason.

I know the lock down is frustrating and disruptive to normal everyday life but, I hope the government doesn't relax the instruction too soon. What would be the point of going through the last month if we are allowed to go back to normal too soon and the virus spreads further. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I know the lock down is frustrating and disruptive to normal everyday life but, I hope the government doesn't relax the instruction too soon. What would be the point of going through the last month if we are allowed to go back to normal too soon and the virus spreads further. 

Well, there are two approaches really, aren't there. One is that we relax restrictions as ICU capacity becomes available, gradually letting the virus spread in a managed way such that the numbers stay manageable and the health service doesn't collapse. The alternative is we all stay inside until there's a vaccine?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

If rates go up, I presume restrictions will be tightened up again. If the rates decline gently, even not as quick as they would with full restrictions, they will keep the reduced restrictions before introducing the next phase of relaxing. It will be a balancing act between the death caused by the virus and the deaths caused by the damage to the economy/increase in poverty. I expect the UK government will tread a similar path in their own time.

Edited by brommy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Awol said:

As dumb as the Brits suggesting Johnson wasn’t really ill and faked the whole thing - including the Europe  Editor of the Economist! Deranged people. 

I don’t for one second think Johnson faked it for reasons I’ve already stated, but that this whole thing is a conspiracy against Trump is far FAR more “dumb” than Johnson faking it. 

Neither are true though. 

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Was he ever even that ill, that’s the question.

Given their penchant for lying and exaggeration I’d sadly be unsurprised to discover it was all BS.

It’s probably somewhere in the middle. All along they were telling us there was nothing wrong. 

Now he was on the verge of death. 

I imagine the reality is somewhere in the middle. He was seriously ill, I think that’s undeniable. 

Just shows though that you can’t believe a word that they’re telling us. 

• Like 1

The communications from government have been awful on every aspect of corona virus.

Absolute guarantees there is enough ppe, the nurses are using ppe wrong, Boris is only in as a precaution, he’s not really that ill, he’s getting better every day... Priti was sorry if people felt there was a problem, 4,000 beds might actually be 500, Then 15,000 ventilators might be 14,000 of which 4,000 are for export...

For a govt that prides itself on selling their message, they’ve had a ‘mare.

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Given their penchant for lying and exaggeration I’d sadly be unsurprised to discover it was all BS.

That doesn’t make any sense to me. I’m sure he’d rather be leading the country and being stuck in hospital and icu

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think he was, otherwise the hospital would be complicit in the ruse and I can't see that being the case at all!

I reckon he was a lot worse than it was ever reported. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Boris was on the verge of death but he was never put on a ventilator and is now out of hospital.

So which version of the virus did he get because that doesn't seem to tally with any way this process goes. There's asymptomatic, there's mild, there's watch and monitor, there's oxygen and then there's ventilators. As I understand it, you're only in bigger trouble if you are in that last band and it goes on for a few weeks. So where is the 'Boris strain' where you are touch and go but not on a ventilator and out of hospital in five days?

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s probably somewhere in the middle. All along they were telling us there was nothing wrong. 

Now he was on the verge of death. 

I imagine the reality is somewhere in the middle. He was seriously ill, I think that’s undeniable. 

Just shows though that you can’t believe a word that they’re telling us. 

I suspect he was really ill but not quite as bad as you usually would have to be to get given intensive care treatment.  I never know if they have a medical facility permanently on the go for the Prime Minister just in case of emergencies, the President of the US probably has one I'd have thought.

Â