Generic Virus Thread

villakram

35 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Genuinely terrifying. Imagine how it would look for the last 30 days. Madness.

Check out the list of Arrivals to Heathrow, still, everyday.  Hong Kong, new York, Seattle, Rome to name a few.

https://www.flightradar24.com/airport/lhr/arrivals

Edited by foreveryoung

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

One  very disturbing fact is that according to the official figures one in eight people who have tested positive have died in the UK

I assume that figure is heavily affected by the vast majority of tests being given to those who have been admitted to hospital. I expect the death rate for all those who actually have the virus to be much much lower.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brommy said:

I assume that figure is heavily affected by the vast majority of tests being given to those who have been admitted to hospital. I expect the death rate for all those who actually have the virus to be much much lower.

Yes I know

18 minutes ago, PaulC said:

One  very disturbing fact is that according to the official figures one in eight people who have tested positive have died in the UK

That just says there's a disturbing lack of testing

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Or that if it takes a grip and goes to your lungs it’s one in eight chance of survival over all age groups 

EDIT - surely you mean 7 in 8 chance of survival?

I expect my parents, in their late 70’s would take those odds if they were admitted. As a 50 year old, my odds should be better. I’m not sure that helps anyone though.

Edited by brommy

39 minutes ago, brommy said:

EDIT - surely you mean 7 in 8 chance of survival?

I expect my parents, in their late 70’s would take those odds if they were admitted. As a 50 year old, my odds should be better. I’m not sure that helps anyone though.

Yep ok it was just a general observation. You could break it down into age groups and demographics etc 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yep ok it was just a general observation. You could break it down into age groups and demographics etc 

Your ‘one in eight chance of survival over all age groups’ post appears to be an incorrect general observation.

• Haha 1

Of the 300,000 applications made by businesses for Covid business interruptions loans (through Treasury scheme), the banks have only approved 4,200 in almost four weeks of operation ~ per Sophie Ridge on Sky. 

The banks are not playing their part very well (quelle surprise) and weeks have been lost that should have been used to save 1000s, maybe 10s of 1000s businesses. 

Monday the Treasury need to be finding another vehicle for lending, I reckon the banks will sit on every penny they can to try and ride out the coming storm - while paying lip service to saving the economy. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m shocked to see that there’s still flights coming into Heathrow from New York! How the hell can that be a sensible thing?!

Edit: and Rome and Madrid. 

I hope these travellers are being quarantined, somehow I feel that’s doubtful though. 

About 5 weeks ago my girlfriend's sister and her fella went on a pre-booked holiday for 3 weeks. They spent a week in Dubai then went to Thailand for 2 weeks. They got checked at both airports going out and at Dubai coming back but not at Brum. 

Why on earth didn't the government look at Italy and shut down all non-essential commuting going in and out of the country? And, at the same time, checked everyone that returned to the country. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

“Speak to that department it’s not our responsibility”

“No sorry, not us either, you’ll need to speak to this department”

“Sorry, we don’t do this here. Can you speak to this department?”

“You again!? What did we tell you the first time” 

What a bunch of words removed.

You mean what a bunch of Koontz? (author) 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Saw this classic on twitter. 

Yes, the whole world is in on this conspiracy just to get at trump during an election year. 

I mean what hope is there for some people. 

JPEG_20200413_065803.jpg

As dumb as the Brits suggesting Johnson wasn’t really ill and faked the whole thing - including the Europe  Editor of the Economist! Deranged people. 

• Like 1

Â