The Royal Family

Genie

19 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Regardless of what you think of the Queen/Royal family at a time when we have thousands of children going to school hungry that are not entitled to a free school meal I can't help but think rather than pissing money up the wall on books about the Queen it could be better used to feed those hungry children. Tory ideological choices for you. 

Take it to the bolitics thread Trotsky 

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Take it to the bolitics thread Trotsky 

😀 With the Tories amongst us too embarrassed to show their faces in the Tory thread and defend their choices I thought it would have a better chance of reaching that audience in here. Seems I was right. 

• Haha 3

Just now, markavfc40 said:

😀 With the Tories amongst us too embarrassed to show their faces in the Tory thread and defend their choices I thought it would have a better chance of reaching that audience in here. Seems I was right. 

:)

Not my choice as I didn’t vote for them  

I’ve stayed out of all the bolitics and stealth bolitics threads (covid thread) for a couple of years now ,truth be told I’m not that interested in politics and then I  had a falling out with a good friend of mine one night when the conversation turned political  ( he’s stood as a Labour Candidate a few times and thus thinks he’s alway right on the subject :) ) before I know it he was banging the table and shouting  ( he did apologise and all is cool ) but I decided to keep away from politics at that point …people are passionate about politics and not everyone appreciates my brand of flippancy on that subject  , here and real world .. 

i do dip into the echo chamber and have a read every now and then , just for entertainment purposes  :) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I saw a similar post on twitter where it said he looks like he's about to get Fulham relegated from the PL. He does look very Scott Parker to be fair.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 11/06/2022 at 08:23, mjmooney said:

My enemy's enemy is my friend.

FB_IMG_1654931646863.jpg

Interesting timeline over the last few days

• The Times pulls a story of Boris Johnson's corruption
  • Charles speaks out against the Rwanda plans
  • The Times breaks the below story of Charlies taking cash from Qatar.

Pretty clear message that the Times is the remaining paper in Johnson's pocket, and a clear shot at Charles of "shut up and do what you're told". 

This happened between 2011 and 2015. How long have they been sitting on this story until they needed to smear Charles, and what else have they got up their sleeve if he plans to be a slightly less silent and compliant monarch?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/charles-accepted-1m-cash-in-suitcase-from-sheikh-j2pgnfsgx

The Prince of Wales accepted a suitcase containing €1 million in cash from a controversial Qatari politician, The Sunday Times can reveal.

It was one of three lots of cash, totalling €3 million, which Prince Charles personally received from Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani, the former prime minister of Qatar who is nicknamed “HBJ”, between 2011 and 2015.

On one occasion, Al Thani, 62, presented the prince with €1 million, which was reportedly stuffed into carrier bags from Fortnum & Mason, the luxury department store that has a royal charter to provide the prince’s groceries and tea.

On another, Charles, 73, accepted a holdall containing €1 million during a private one-on-one meeting at Clarence House in 2015. On Saturday night Clarence House said the money was “passed immediately to one of the prince’s charities who carried out the appropriate covenants and assured us that all the correct processes were followed”.

After the heir to the throne accepted the small suitcase, it was given to two advisers in the royal household who hand-counted the money. It was said to be in the form of €500 notes — a denomination dubbed the “bin Laden” because of its link to terrorist financing, and which has since been discontinued.

Palace aides then asked Coutts to collect the cash. The private bank, which is headquartered in the Strand in central London, and has served the royal family for centuries, is understood to have retrieved the suitcase from Charles’s London residence.

Each payment was deposited into the accounts of the Prince of Wales’s Charitable Fund (PWCF), a low-profile grant-making entity which bankrolls the prince’s pet projects and his country estate in Scotland.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

the bin laden stuff is trying too hard 

Journalism really is in the gutter 

Genuine "wtf" moment when I got to that line.

He received the money in a carrier bag. You know who else used to use bags? Literally Hitler.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

They just needed to slip in that it’s probably something Putin approves of for a full bingo card.

Missed a trick - 

On one occasion, Al Thani, 62, presented the prince with €1 million, which was reportedly stuffed into carrier bags from Fortnum & Mason, the luxury department store that has a royal charter to provide the prince’s groceries and tea, which is served every morning in Putin's Kremlin war room 

Edit - I couldn't be a journalist 

"which according to sources is served every morning in Putin's Kremlin war room" 

Fixed 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So the new Prime Minister will have to travel to Balmoral to be appointed as The Queen won't (can't?) travel down. 

She's obviously going for the all time record of Louis XIV but will she make it? 

Her first Prime Minister was Winston Churchill, her last possibly Lizz Truss. Talk about a comedown. 

Â