Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

DANNY DRINKWATER DELETES LAMPARD SACKING 'CELEBRATION' POST AFTER FURIOUS BACKLASH

Drinkwater 'DIDN'T HEAR ABOUT THE NEWS BEFORE HE POSTED THAT'

Make no mistake about it, this is an emotional day for all those connected with Chelsea Football Club. Frank Lampard is gone. Not dead, just sacked as manager, but given his status as a club legend, you can understand why some of the fanbase are particularly upset to seeing him turfed out by Roman Abramovich.

Not everyone, however, is that upset about it. Or at least that's how it seemed for a brief while after a quick check of Danny Drinkwater's Instagram Stories.

Within minutes of the announcement confirming Lampard's departure, the Chelsea midfielder - exiled on loan in Turkey with... *checks Google*...  Kasimpasa - posted a picture of himself back in his Leicester days, celebrating a goal.

Many interpreted the post as a thinly-veiled dig at Lampard, who clearly didn't see the 30-year-old as part of his first team plans at Stamford Bridge.

Thankfully, this was all one big misunderstanding, wasn't it? Phew! After being called lots of horrible names by disgruntled Chelsea fans on social media, Drinkwater deleted the post and followed up with a *completely believable* explanation soon after, putting the matter to bed once and for all.

'THOUGHT THAT WAS A BIT OF A STRANGE REACTION...' Drinkwater shouted. 'DIDN'T HEAR ABOUT THE NEWS BEFORE I POSTED THAT.

'I WAS JUST MISSING PLAYING. THE MANAGER WAS SOMEONE I LOOKED UP TO HUGELY AS A PLAYER.'

Thankfully, this was all one big misunderstanding, wasn't it? Phew! After being called lots of horrible names by disgruntled Chelsea fans on social media, Drinkwater deleted the post and followed up with a *completely believable* explanation soon after, putting the matter to bed once and for all.

'THOUGHT THAT WAS A BIT OF A STRANGE REACTION...' Drinkwater shouted. 'DIDN'T HEAR ABOUT THE NEWS BEFORE I POSTED THAT.

'I WAS JUST MISSING PLAYING. THE MANAGER WAS SOMEONE I LOOKED UP TO HUGELY AS A PLAYER.'

Screenshot-2021-01-25-at-14.55.34.png

what a guy Danny is, might be accidental but he always seems find himself in trouble

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/danny-drinkwater-deletes-lampard-sacking-celebration-post-262326?fbclid=IwAR0_Z0u2AQPG4mIMuJj7wVs2RKTdOTLi2FQ5Hkf9uR6Uu2Wi0EVLV8pyS4Y

Edited by Zatman

On 19/01/2021 at 12:09, TrentVilla said:

What a decline from winning the Premier League and a move to Chelsea to being farmed out on loan to Turkey. Incredible.

When he turned down the chance to be in the England squad I knew he was done as a player. Didn't seem bothered and had made his money.

• 1 year later...
Just now, DJ_Villain said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12647445/danny-drinkwater-on-his-chelsea-nightmare-i-wasted-some-of-my-best-years

Poor Danny Drinkwater…

Everyone feel sorry for him…

Won the Premier League with Leicester, jumped ship pretty much immediately… then he got sad…

Bless

It’s a lesson for footballers about this type of move. 

He was never going to play much, but got a massive payrise.

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

Same as the man utd fringe player who signs a contract extension and gets promised game time... They will never ever learn that lesson 

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

none of them learn though. they still do it, convincing themselves they will be the exception

wonder if there will be a similar interview with kalvin philips in a few years

40 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yep, he did…

and thank the lord that happened, because he was destitute before, just living on the meagre salary of a Premier League player who has just earned himself a massive bonus for winning the league in the most amazing circumstances ever…

Poor bugger

Year 1 so suso 

I'll defend him slightly... We did need a player of his ilk, we had a midfield of mcginn, Luiz and Nakamba, 3 debut PL seasons, we needed thst experience, we also needed someone with the intelligence to play closer to grealish and give him a simple 5 to 10 yard out ball 

So the need for an extra body was right, the idea of him was right... But how the **** did our scouts not spot that he was completely washed up? He was completely gone mentally and physically 

2 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12647445/danny-drinkwater-on-his-chelsea-nightmare-i-wasted-some-of-my-best-years

Poor Danny Drinkwater…

Won the Premier League with Leicester, jumped ship pretty much immediately… then he got sad…

Bless

He clearly had some traumas in his life - I'm glad he spoke openly about it. Let's not stigmatise the mental health of others - for his faults, I'm glad he's open to discussing them. Mental health doesn't discriminate.

• Like 3

A lot of it comes down to greed. Despite being unhappy at Chelsea, he never once thought of cancelling his contract and starting a afresh elsewhere. I'm sure Chelsea would have come to some financial settlement if needed.

• Like 2

Just now, Xela said:

A lot of it comes down to greed. Despite being unhappy at Chelsea, he never once thought of cancelling his contract and starting a afresh elsewhere. I'm sure Chelsea would have come to some financial settlement if needed.

Exactly…

Ive quit jobs that were financially cushty because I wasn’t happy with my personal circumstances, wasn’t happy with the work or wasn’t happy where I was living… and took a job elsewhere that paid less, but the job satisfaction I got from the new role made up for the reduced income…

And I will cut my testicles off with an ice cream scoop if I earn more than Mr Drinkwater…

If you don’t like your job or the place you work, don’t do it and find somewhere else…

Dont sit there for five years and then piss and moan about wasting your life afterwards…

• Like 3

4 hours ago, villaglint said:

One of the all time (insert word) Villa debuts. 

Was that Lange who was responsible for that or was it the final nail in the coffin for Suso? 

I think he was a JT recommendation at the time

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

none of them learn though. they still do it, convincing themselves they will be the exception

You don't get to the PL without having an insane level of self belief and confidence in your abilities.

Says it all about hi8m that in 2 seasons he was loaned out to us and Burnley, and played 6 games. He might still be going and have won an FA Cup if he'd stayed at Leicester.

5 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Poor Danny Drinkwater…

Bless

If he was clinically depressed it's more than feeling sad and i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy but he was a pretty crap footballer.

Just now, AshVilla said:

If he was clinically depressed it's more than feeling sad and i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy but he was a pretty crap footballer.

Unfortunately, I have first hand experience over a 25 year period of dealing with someone with depression…

They can (and will) act like complete words removed - violence, intimidation, scathing evil abuse… and then use their condition to excuse their behaviour because then they don’t need to take responsibility for their actions and they can play the “I’m mentally ill” card…

So, as harsh as it sounds? I’ve become somewhat desensitised and lost my empathy…

7 hours ago, Genie said:

He just did what Sidwell did a decade before. In fairness he lasted one year and then decided to come to us to get more regular games and in first 18 months he did here (and probably on similar wages to what he was getting at Chelsea).

Don't really get Drinkwater blaming Sarri. He'd already been at Chelsea a season as bit part player and given this was August 31st surely he'd realised by first 4-5 games of that season he was well down the midfield pecking order so saying he only had an hour to find a new club is a bit disingenuous.

We should've avoided him like the plague given he went up to Burnley, barely played and then had drink issues off the pitch. Comes to us, plays terribly and loan gets terminated early for headbutting Jota in training.

At least he's cooled off now but low ranking moves is just what he's going to get now given he's early 30s. For his sake I hope he's not one of these who squanders money otherwise he could be really struggling once he retires. 

Â