Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

38 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yeah the bloke is a prick but I'm in my 30s and if I was "tackled" like that I'd be fuming too and probably react the same.

Try being mature when some kid is trying to snap your ankle.

Gotta agree. The initial tackle was a shocker.

Desperate desperate gamble to bring him in last January. Shows what a state we were in. It was undoubtedly a miracle we managed to stay up. Most questionable decision of Smiths reign. So good to be in the place we are now, RIP to the many years of watching us bring in utter dross in desperation moves. Lets sit back and watch Arsenal go through the process now, Jesse Lingard needs a club Mikel.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Desperate desperate gamble to bring him in last January. Shows what a state we were in. It was undoubtedly a miracle we managed to stay up. Most questionable decision of Smiths reign. So good to be in the place we are now, RIP to the many years of watching us bring in utter dross in desperation moves. Lets sit back and watch Arsenal go through the process now, Jesse Lingard needs a club Mikel.

Absolutely agree with the bolded. The only time since he was appointed that I was really unsure if I was happy with Smith was when he kept picking this guy, even though he contributed worse than nothing in every 'performance'.

17 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Drinkwater going head-to-head (relaitve height difference) with Kion Etete, I believe, who is only 19 afterwards too.

Age has very little to do with anything here.  Some little clearing in the woods (look at his reaction to being sent off with the finger wagging and mouthing off at the ref - he looks a right word removed of a person) jumped in two footed and then another clearing in the woods squares up to Drinkwater after he petulantly kicks out.

It's always going to be a red card for Drinkwater, but he's much more the 'victim' here.

• Like 3

I’ve seen the video and it’s hard to be too critical of Drinkwater. It was an awful tackle on him, it could have been a career ender (if his career wasn’t already finished).

8 or 9 out of 10 would have reacted similarly I think.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ill never understand why someone would go in on a tackle like that. Thats stupid and pathetic 

I agree, we’ll never know but there could maybe be some history between them and this guy wanted to settle a score. It does seem an odd thing to do for no reason.

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

I agree, we’ll never know but there could maybe be some history between them and this guy wanted to settle a score. It does seem an odd thing to do for no reason.

Drinkwater probably tried to chat up his missus in a bar or this kid is just a huge Jota fan 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
Â