Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I've never made it through Godfather part 1 or 2 without getting bored and turning it off, or falling asleep, and at this point I don't think I can bring myself to try again. They're dreadful, tedious films.

This exactly how I would describe Raging Bull.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Barbecue ribs and chicken wings are 90% bone and really not worth the hassle for the bit of meat you get from them.

A place I used to work at would hold these AGMs, functions, whatever and part of that included ordering a buffet. 

It was quickly noted that no one at these events were touching the chicken wings, chicken legs. Everything else, demolished. Any further buffet orders we made specifically stated no chicken legs.

Basically I think no one wanted to be stood around with a paper plate in hand, trying to network with someone gnawing on a bone and getting chicken meat residue around their mouths.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Basically I think no one wanted to be stood around with a paper plate in hand, trying to network with someone gnawing on a bone and getting chicken meat residue around their mouths.

Well yeah this is where I'm at, but there seems to be a lot of people that go mad for wings and seem to have them as their favoured bit of chicken!

• Like 1

Barbecue ribs and chicken wings are 90% bone and really not worth the hassle for the bit of meat you get from them.

I always associate meat served on the bone with ethnic and working-class food, and assumed it was because they alway bought the cheapest cuts, as meat was considered a luxury.

What meat there was used to be shared at the discretion of the patriarch.

I ate a lot of scouse in my youth and ending up with some boiled bones on your plate was considered something you should feel grateful for. Then there were lamb chops which consisted of mostly bone and fat, plus a piece of meat the size of a half-crown.

Obviously, the sauce which comes with ribs, is meant to disguise the meagerness of the meat.

It doesn't seem long ago that if you went for a curry, you needed to ask and then pay extra for meat off the bone.

• Like 1

If you cook ribs properly the meat will just fall off the bone or you can remove the bones and serve the whole piece of meat intact and boneless. Or get beef ribs.

Chicken wings need to decent sized, not from little battery-farmed pigeons.

Edited by fightoffyour

Well yeah this is where I'm at, but there seems to be a lot of people that go mad for wings and seem to have them as their favoured bit of chicken!

There's a chicken take away by ours that is called Just Wings. Baffles the f*** out of me and they do other stuff too but it's an instant, nah. why would you be arsed eatings wings?

If we roast a chicken for tea I strip the meat off the legs and wings to make soup with but as if I can be arsed actually eating them as an item, way too messy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Think it’s more of a cost issue now with me. Ribs and wings used to be incredibly cheap, but now because they’re classed as trendy street food, you may as well buy better cuts of meat for a similar price.

6 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Ribs and wings are the second and third best food stuffs after pork knuckles ... but never those crappy  cooked so long that the meat falls off the bone crap that they give in in TGI's etc  , its got to be a proper gnawing on the bone type rib or wing ...

There is just something deeply satisfying in chewing the last bit of meat off the bone or ripping a chicken wing apart and eating the meat 

Summer and countless  BBQ's was just fantastic  .... unless you are a pig or chicken of course :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Ribs and wings are the second and third best food stuffs after pork knuckles ... but never those crappy  cooked so long that the meat falls off the bone crap that they give in in TGI's etc  , its got to be a proper gnawing on the bone type rib or wing ...

There is just something deeply satisfying in chewing the last bit of meat off the bone or ripping a chicken wing apart and eating the meat 

Summer and countless  BBQ's was just fantastic  .... unless you are a pig or chicken of course :) 

Nah

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

The problem is theres not actually any meat on them, I don't mind gnawing on the bone to get the scraps as long as I've had a bite of meat first, never had decent ribs in a UK restaurant, never

In the states I've had good ones a few times, Canada I had some incredible buffalo ribs

UK forget about it, they're robbery

Â