Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

On 08/09/2023 at 11:56, Wainy316 said:

Proper derby

Non of that saturated rubbish that can have an evening kick off that Sky cream over like Arsenal v Spurs or United v City or Liverpool.

Then straight after the final whistle opposition players are hugging and having a bit of a catch up. That’s one thing that pisses me off about modern football. 

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Lucy Letby is probably innocent

It did strike me that she was convicted purely on circumstantial evidence. Admittedly, it was overwhelming circumstantial evidence, but still... 

Music concerts/gigs are rubbish. The quality is never as good as the actual album, surrounded by pissed up loud people singing along, or worse talking through each song. Difficult to get a drink, toilets are a nightmare, and it’s way too hot. 

I should caveat this by saying I have enjoyed some before, but usually it’s very disappointing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rich192 said:

Music concerts/gigs are rubbish. The quality is never as good as the actual album

You have a ludicrous expectation level

2 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

surrounded by pissed up loud people singing along, or worse talking through each song.

You've been to the wrong gigs

2 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Difficult to get a drink, toilets are a nightmare, and it’s way too hot. 

You'e going to the wrong venues

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well yes obviously but also no. There are plenty of venues I just won't go to, the Whoever is Sponsoring it this Year Arena in Liverpool for one

I'm adding Whoever is Sponsoring it this Year Arena in Liverpool , to my safe list :) 

• Haha 1

Can I just say in defence of the whoever is sponsoring it this year arena in Liverpool, it is one of my favourite venues.

I’ve never been in there, but when there is no big event on, the Pullman next door is £40 a night.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve never been in there, but when there is no big event on, the Pullman next door is £40 a night.

Yet people still go to the Premier Inns and Travelodges out of habit and expectation that they are cheap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

You have a ludicrous expectation level

You've been to the wrong gigs

You'e going to the wrong venues

I have been to all types of venues, and seen all types of artists. I’d say 90% of them were average-disappointing. The other 10% I’ve loved. So it’s not as if I’m averse to enjoying them, just that my [unpopular] opinion (🙃) is that they’re generally poor.

Just now, Rich192 said:

I have been to all types of venues, and seen all types of artists. I’d say 90% of them were average-disappointing. The other 10% I’ve loved. So it’s not as if I’m averse to enjoying them, just that my [unpopular] opinion (🙃) is that they’re generally poor.

That really will be because you have ludicrous expectation levels as evidenced by your it's better listening to the albums comment.

It's just wrong headed.

If I went to a gig and it sounded just like the album, I'd feel cheated, I'd know they weren't playing live

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

Music concerts/gigs are rubbish. The quality is never as good as the actual album, surrounded by pissed up loud people singing along, or worse talking through each song. Difficult to get a drink, toilets are a nightmare, and it’s way too hot. 

I mentioned in a couple of other threads that I've just discovered the Swedish artist Daniel Norgren, and recently went to see him live. Conclusion? His studio albums are good, very pleasant listening. His live show? Mindblowingly better. 

Brudenell Social Club, Leeds. Good seats (admittedly you have to be quick to get one), with a perfect view of the stage, right next to the bar (which has excellent beer), and perfect sound quality. Fifteen quid. Gets my vote. 

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Yet people still go to the Premier Inns and Travelodges out of habit and expectation that they are cheap.

I stayed there a week or so ago, (don’t freak out at the stalking) I was going to offer a chance of a beer but you mentioned you were off out with your missus and I figured three would be a crowd.

It was £41 and I was up on the 8th floor with a corner room. Same back in August, we did an overnight to break up the trip to Edinburgh, two of us, 8th floor corner room with some lovely views of Birkenhead, £43.

Having a loyalty card, I also then get a couple of beer tokens for the bar, and yeah, if the office had booked it I’d have been Premier Inn £100

• Like 1

A band a few on here will have experience of: The Lovely Eggs.

There albums are good, perfectly good.

But they don’t give you the energy of Holly in full flow, Holly stopping a song mid way through ‘cos she’s seen someone with their arms folded, or just starting a song again because she started laughing.

The right band in the right place is a religious experience.

All you’ve got to do, is a bit of research.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

That really will be because you have ludicrous expectation levels as evidenced by your it's better listening to the albums comment.

It's just wrong headed.

If I went to a gig and it sounded just like the album, I'd feel cheated, I'd know they weren't playing live

Apologies. I forgot the number one rule, that everyone was entitled to Bickster’s opinion. 

Â