Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Golf is one of my big ones, i actually dont mind actually playing the game but watching it is just painful.

It’s the flimsy pathetic golf clapping that really pisses me off. Almost makes me want to throw up, and I have no idea why.

I'm not moved by Jim Carrey at all.

I didn't mind the mask in the cinema back in the day but ace ventura totally passed me by and I just never connected to him. MrsVM has tried the straight roles films angle with me and meh. One of my oldest mates with the peurilest of senses of humour (hey, that's why we're friends!) loves him. I can picture him now belly laughing to dumb and dumber back in the day.

I don't dislike him. Just not for me.

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I love ace Ventura and Jim Carrey in general

Was thinking this while driving to work the other day because id caught a YouTube short about someone turning ace ventura down, in terms of chops where does he rank in terms of actors? He was doing stuff that IMO literally no one else could do but because it was comedy he never gets the props he deserves

He's an incredible actor, like unbelievable how good he is at times, one of a kind

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

Golf is one of my big ones, i actually dont mind actually playing the game but watching it is just painful.

Golf's like cricket, you can knock 95% of it on the head and then have some of the best couple of hours in sports as it comes to a finish

• 3 weeks later...

Jeff Lynne is a miles better songwriter than either John Lennon or Paul McCartney, and ELO knocked the Beatles into a cocked hat for brilliant tunes.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Risso said:

Jeff Lynne is a miles better songwriter than either John Lennon or Paul McCartney, and ELO knocked the Beatles into a cocked hat for brilliant tunes.  

AND he can drink in town.

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Risso said:

Completely agree. Far superior for me 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Risso said:

Yeah but so is Kermit the Frog and the Muppets

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Risso said:

No. Just... no. 

I have a lot of time for JL (despite his bluenose tendencies). He's a massively talented musician and producer. But he's a Beatles copyist, and he'd be the first to admit it. He could skilfully replicate the sound - but improve on the original? Nah. 

• Like 1

I think the Beatles are more popular because they were older so got in there first with the early 60s stuff like I Want to Hold Your Hand and She Loves You, which cemented them as hugely popular. Then obviously it was bookended by the murder of John Lennon. By the end though, they were turning out absolute toilet, especially Paul McCartney written stuff like Maxwell's Silver Hammer on Abbey Road. The almost entire abum of which (another unpopular opinion incoming) is complete shite, apart from Come Together which is OK, and Here Come the Sun, which is glorious.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Risso said:

I think the Beatles are more popular because they were older so got in there first with the early 60s stuff like I Want to Hold Your Hand and She Loves You, which cemented them as hugely popular. Then obviously it was bookended by the murder of John Lennon. By the end though, they were turning out absolute toilet, especially Paul McCartney written stuff like Maxwell's Silver Hammer on Abbey Road. The almost entire abum of which (another unpopular opinion incoming) is complete shite, apart from Come Together which is OK, and Here Come the Sun, which is glorious.

Bands that break up/something tragic happens gain on the legend status. 

In my opinion, the Rolling Stones have always been far superior, and they actually stuck together (with some smaller changes) and are still performing. 

If the Beatles carried on and released 40/50 years of crappy music they would not be praised like they are now. 

Â