Pre Match Thread (Cup Final 17 of 38)

villalad21

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m just praying we don’t lose this one. I work in Sheffield and I’m surrounded by Blades fans, there’s one other Villa fan in the company and probably a hundred of them. It would be nice to have the bragging rights for once. 

how do you think Jeremy Corbyn feels?😀

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Apart from Mings and Steer, we've got a fully fit squad according to Smith. It doesn't matter though because we all know there won't be any surprise inclusions.

With Davis and Kodjia both fit, it'll be interesting to see which one makes the bench. 

• Haha 1

On a serious note, I'd be delighted with a point away at Sheff U - with the caveat it isn't a point that comes after throwing away a 2+ goal lead. 

I think a lot of our defensive problems are stemming from a lack of coverage - whether that is from El Ghazi/Trez/Grealish out wide, or Nakamba in the middle. I'm not convinced that we have enough strength in the DM position. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddytheVillan said:

On a serious note, I'd be delighted with a point away at Sheff U - with the caveat it isn't a point that comes after throwing away a 2+ goal lead. 

I think a lot of our defensive problems are stemming from a lack of coverage - whether that is from El Ghazi/Trez/Grealish out wide, or Nakamba in the middle. I'm not convinced that we have enough strength in the DM position. 

Personally, I think DM is a position where we’re well covered, I’ve been happy with both Luiz and Nakamba this season

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

3 points absolutely needed here.

No its not, dont fool yourself this will be a hard game!

Need a good performance, and a clean sheet if possible!

The 3 point musts come in the next 3 games.

• Like 1

This is must win for smith especially with poch available.

We've had the so called hard teams now we can go to sheffiled and play our football.

they will play their 100mph football we will either have to a) keep possession or 2) let them have the ball but have to match their work rate.

I would be tempted to start Luiz and play keep ball.

• Haha 1

We really could do with a win, we don't want make it one win in eight league games, and we need to be doing more than just getting three points against the likes of Southampton, Norwich and Watford, need to get some wins in games like today as well. But no matter how hard I try I can't see anything other than a defeat, in fact I was more confident going into the Leicester game, for some reason it just feels depressingly inevitable that we will lose today, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's by an heavy scoreline.

Sheffield United will be better organised than us, they will work harder off the ball than us and they will put in a gutsier performance than us. This should add up to a home win, but we have a couple of players who could gain us a win through a couple of moments of individual quality.

We still aren't playing as a cohesive unit which is worrying.