Pre Match Thread (Cup Final 17 of 38)

villalad21

3 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I think we get tonked again today.

We'll fanny about with the ball in neat little triangles just inside their half, and they'll tear straight through the middle of us.

Our problem is we can't play neat little triangles we generally get dispossessed after the first touch!!

3 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I think we get tonked again today. 

We'll fanny about with the ball in neat little triangles just inside their half, and they'll tear straight through the middle of us.  Let’s revert to hoof ball that’s worked well in the past.

Most games it seems obvious to me its all about closing down opposition as a team. We surrender posession time and time again or are forced into mistakes and pumping it long. Whereas most teams we come up against we stand off and allow posession and time on the ball to pick a pass or cross or whatever the hell they like. Far too passive and it leads to defeat. You cant tell me the likes of Sheff Utd have better players than us; but they are far better as a team and are drilled to give their all for 90 mins. Not sure if a fitness thing with us but its concerning. Newcastle and Norwich stood off us and let us have the ball and it was by far our most comfortable performances.

Annoying as I thought when Smith arrived, this is what he’d bring and it would be fully instilled in his teams DNA by now.

I think we are going to be on the wrong end of a thumping like last weekend 

We are woeful without the ball and woeful at tracking runners

With the way Sheff Utd play I fully expect us to be confused all over the park

Heaton to be our man of the match despite picking the ball out of the net 3 or more times

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I"m confident, I've no idea why.

Backline of Guilbert --- Konsa --- Engels -- Hause?

i can dig Hause at LB, my initial thought was, is he at left CB?

Lansbury tho......wth.