Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 16 of 38)

zab6359

33 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't care if we win 1-0.... a deflection off the refs arse.

I just hope we make them work for everthing they get and not hand it on a plate.

I don't care how we play......just want 3 points

I’m glad you don’t care how we play 🙂...although the second sentence suggests you do ?

I would imagine any fan would choose 3 points from any game if they could get it. I certainly would.

• Haha 1

Ah, bugger.

Just opened VT.

Saw  @TROhad replied to a post, so replied. Up pops the next page and I discover Sir Ron has gone.

Talk about Right Man, Right Time, Right Club.

If we ever get a Manager who achieves half what he did we will be very lucky.

He Won the League, but a couple of years before produced the most exciting football team I’ve ever seen. 
It was a great privilege to watch his sides at VP.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Ah, bugger.

Just opened VT.

Saw  @TROhad replied to a post, so replied. Up pops the next page and I discover Sir Ron has gone.

Talk about Right Man, Right Time, Right Club.

If we ever get a Manager who achieves half what he did we will be very lucky.

He Won the League, but a couple of years before produced the most exciting football team I’ve ever seen. 
It was a great privilege to watch his sides at VP.

I agree Terry....76-77 side was terrific.

Really sad about Ron.....I loved everything in his work, he just set the team up as I would, if I had his abilities...

so spooky the time he went 3.00 on a saturday....if thats accurate.

• Like 1

Liverpool with a cruisy win vs Bournemouth.

ManUre with an upset win over Citeh.

Everton with an upset win over Chelsea.

Villa with an upset 2-0 win over Leicester to complete the hat-trick of losses for the chasers and hand Liverpool the title.

It is written.

• Like 1

On 05/12/2019 at 20:26, RobSpain said:

My first game at Villa Park in over 25 years and my daughters first ever game this Sunday. Very excited both of us! UTV! 2-1 winners 😉

Where have you been?

• Haha 2

the chronicles of narnia film GIF

Lions verses the foxes.  This one is going to be tough going.  They’re on a fantastic run, with fantastic pace and skill running through them. Clearly they have a toughness as well

Guilbert back is a big plus.  Do we play Konsa or Engels?  Konsa’s pace could be a plus against Vardy, especially running the channels, but think Smith may bring Engels back in here. 

Marvelous has to play with Luiz in the middle.  It’s whether we play McGinn or play Hourihane.  After the midweek show, it’s McGinn for me.

El G would a plus if back, but he has to be 100% right or it’s Trez again.  The other consideration is our big favourite, Wesley?  Smith clearly doesn’t fancy Kodjia to start or even bring on from the bench, so Wesley starts.   Need a big, big game from Jack here. 

As above, it’s going to be tough and anything other than a defeat will be a plus.  Just hope any respectful celebration or reflection of Ron Saunders galvanises us.  UTV 

• Like 1

Not hopeful for this one if I'm honest, so far this season only Liverpool are better than them prob, I think we are going to have to rely on the run of games following this to make or break our season. (Up to end of dec)