Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 16 of 38)

zab6359

I think we can get a win in this game. Need to get the balance right between appreciating what a good season they're having, but at the same believing that we can get a result and not being defeated before we even step onto the pitch, they've got some very good players but I think a lot of their good form is about momentum as well. A draw wouldn't be the worst result, but it's about time we showed that we can get three points against some of the better teams in the division. A win in this game could be our most important of the season, and would give us such a lift going into the rest of the December fixtures.

This probably isn't a very good time to be playing our visitors. They have won their last 7 games after all, but they are not a better team than Liverpool and we went so near to getting a positive result against the league leaders last month. They will start this game as favourites, but they last won a league game at Villa Park way back in 2001. Overall, we have won 27 and have drawn 22 of the 86 games, that there have been between the two clubs.  

We will need to be wary of Vardy and Maddison, but they in turn have Jack and McGinn to cope with. They are currently 20 points better off than we are, but at home we have already shown that we can be a tough nut for anyone to crack. We do need to be getting something out of this one, so that we can stay clear of the relegation places. There are more winnable league games to come in what will be left of December, but that does not mean that winning this game is beyond us, despite what the visiting fans, will no doubt assume. We need to get a positive result from this game. Just do it for us Villa!  :flag:    

Edited by John
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It will be fun to watch Grealish & Madisson play against each other. The two best English midfielders in the game right now. I hope that twit Southgate is at the game & see Englands future.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Leicester have won 7 in a row, I think it's time someone put a stop to there winning ways!

I agree but it won't be us. They are average 2.3 goals scored per game and have only conceded 9 goals in 15 games. Vardy will have an absolute field day against our shonky defence

Edited by LakotaDakota

Somewhat Regular Premier League Tidbits

We've played Leicester 20 times in the Premier League for a record of 4 wins, 9 draws & 7 defeats, scoring 1.5 GPG and conceding 1.55 GPG with an average of 1.05 points per game.

In our relegation season we drew 1-1 with them at Villa Park and won 2-1 the season before that. You have to go back to 2001/02 since they last won at Villa Park in the league.

10 hours ago, RobSpain said:

My first game at Villa Park in over 25 years and my daughters first ever game this Sunday. Very excited both of us! UTV! 2-1 winners 😉

Nice one, Rob. I haven't been in just over 20 years now, good god.

• Thanks 1