Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 16 of 38)

zab6359

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

the chronicles of narnia film GIF

Lions verses the foxes.  This one is going to be tough going.  They’re on a fantastic run, with fantastic pace and skill running through them. Clearly they have a toughness as well

Guilbert back is a big plus.  Do we play Konsa or Engels?  Konsa’s pace could be a plus against Vardy, especially running the channels, but think Smith may bring Engels back in here. 

Marvelous has to play with Luiz in the middle.  It’s whether we play McGinn or play Hourihane.  After the midweek show, it’s McGinn for me.

El G would a plus if back, but he has to be 100% right or it’s Trez again.  The other consideration is our big favourite, Wesley?  Smith clearly doesn’t fancy Kodjia to start or even bring on from the bench, so Wesley starts.   Need a big, big game from Jack here. 

As above, it’s going to be tough and anything other than a defeat will be a plus.  Just hope any respectful celebration or reflection of Ron Saunders galvanises us.  UTV 

If Ron had anything to do with it.....It would be a game.

He demanded 110% workrate.....and got it.

Jack gives us a big game every time he goes out....its the others who need to catch up.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

My late father was a Leicester fan, the only one we know of from where I am from in Ireland so this is a special game for me now we are back in the prem. If we got a draw it would be a good result and would see us go into a favourable run of fixtures with confidence. Hopefully the sad news of Rons passing can spur us on that bit more along with the fans. Let's go 2 1 to the villa. Up the Villa. 

• Like 2

Given the results yesterday we've dropped two places so I really hope we can get a result today. A win would see us go 12th, a draw we would be back to 15th. If we lose and Southampton get at least a point at Newcastle we'll be in the relegation zone 😬

I feel the next 4-5 games after this one are all good fixtures that we can win, so if we can get a positive result today it will set us up nicely for the rest of the month. DS needs to make some changes to freshen the team up today, bring Engels in for Konsa, Guilbert back in for Elmo, Luiz for Hourihane, and El Ghazi (if fit) for Trez. It's a tough situation with Wes because he's not really doing enough. I would like to see El Ghazi up front with Wes dropped but I'm not sure today is the right time to do it. Maybe if Wes is having another shocker push El Ghazi up front and bring Trez on for the last 30 minutes. Really hoping today is the day we finally get a big win against a top team - an apt time to do it after Ron's sad passing yesterday. 

UTV

• Like 2

I'll be up and watching this one live.

All I've got to say is I hope Villa show 90 minutes the kind of display we all hope to see now we're back in the PL.

I have a feeling it will be needed, and also that it is not beyond us at this stage of development, it's not a matter of if but when for me.

Then it's about consistency and maintenance from there, but first of all we need to learn how to be first in each contest, 90 minutes at a time.

Tough job ahead for Smith and Villa, but as I said it's more when than if more me.

Not many tougher test of all this starting two and a half hours from now.

UTV!

Well, not sure what to think about this one. Saunders' passing will be a big moment for Smith and probably Jack too to a lesser extent. How that affects the pre-match team talk who knows, but I'd be surprised if we were flat today. Quality wise and form wise there's only one favourite but play at our best for 90 minutes and there's no reason why we can't win this.

RIP Ron Saunders and UTV. 

• Like 1

Impose ourselves, get stuck in, show fight, be aggressive, give them no time. We wouldnt go far wrong showing the players Evertons performance yesterday. Lacking quality at times can be compensated by leaving nothing out there with a raucous atmosphere and the fans playing their part.

Got a good feeling about today and getting the points. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Konsa and Elmo keep their place. Guilbert should be back in for me.

Doug in for Hourihane.

Anwar in for Trez.

You aren't the person who prepares the graphics for the official twitter account to post in 10 minutes are you?