Gareth Bale

Genie

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Mourinho got some good form out of Alli last season. This season he's just hung him out to dry. He does this at every club, singles out 1 or 2 players and just has a rift with them, publicly and otherwise. 

Yep its the Mourinho well. Then he will start blaming everyone and make the working environment toxic get himself sacked ans a nice payoff.

Then some other mugs will appoint him.

Rinse and repeat

He will get spurs a carabao so they will be happy to just have a trophy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

His agent has been hinting that he might retire at the end of the season - a big Europa league finish would be a great way to go.

Quite sad to see an explosive talent like Gareth Bale retire at 31 without even any major injuries. Just like what, loss of interest? David Bentley syndrome?

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Quite sad to see an explosive talent like Gareth Bale retire at 31 without even any major injuries. Just like what, loss of interest? David Bentley syndrome?

he missed 70 games at Real Madrid through injury and nearly a calendar year combined

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

he missed 70 games at Real Madrid through injury and nearly a calendar year combined

They were mostly muscle injuries from what I remember. And poor management of him led him to picking up more. Can't think of any serious injuries he's had. 

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

They were mostly muscle injuries from what I remember. And poor management of him led him to picking up more. Can't think of any serious injuries he's had. 

bit of a myth in the British media how Bale was treated at Madrid, you would think he was such a willing athlete and they destroyed him especially the evil Zidane :D 

If I remember correctly Bale when recovering from injury was happy to go on Wales duty and would sometimes return back more injured than before

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

bit of a myth in the British media how Bale was treated at Madrid, you would think he was such a willing athlete and they destroyed him especially the evil Zidane :D 

If I remember correctly Bale when recovering from injury was happy to go on Wales duty and would sometimes return back more injured than before

It really boils down to a lack of playing time. 

We can see it with Barkley. If we just benched him all season, and then Chelsea did the same next season etc etc, he'd be finished (kind of already happened to him in the last 2 seasons). The only way he gets back to form is if he plays himself into it which Deano seems to be of a mind to do (though for how much longer, given he's not our player, I'm not sure).

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Be turning down at least £25m if he exits that Madrid contract.

Remarkable.

Exactly, only way he’ll retire is if Mardrid agree to pay up a significant percentage of his contract value.

17 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Surely that'd be grounds to terminate his contract and save a fortune?

Good lord no.  That’s like saying it’s ok for your boss to sack you if you’re sick or something. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

In the Mirror so must be true. Honestly would not surprise me thou.

Gareth Bale is planning to retire from club football next summer but could still play for Wales at the 2022 World Cup.

Wales' captain and record scorer Bale is on holiday after leading his nation into the last 16 at Euro 2020.

He is due to return to Real Madrid later this month where he has a year left on his contract worth a huge £600,000-a-week.

Bale, who turns 32 next week, intends to see out the final 12 months of his deal at Real now Carlo Ancelotti has replaced Zinedine Zidane, who froze him out.

The star, who spent last season on loan at Spurs, has told friends and advisers he is not currently planning to get another club next summer when he will be a free agent.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gareth-bale-retirement-real-madrid-24470749

Â