Gareth Bale

Genie

Didn’t see another thread for him, apologies if there is.

Great player no doubt but seems to be coming across as a bit of a dick this last year or so.

Being paid £15m a year or so to live in Spain and play for Real Madrid and he’s getting pissy with them because they don’t play him every week or won’t let him leave the club for free.

Celebrating with the “Wales, Golf, Madrid in that order” flag last night was very tacky.

• Like 2

he took the kings shilling and effectively priced himself out of another decent move in his career

I don't think he's been a bad player for madrid, he's earned a lot of cash and won the lot, im not sure where the balance tipped between him not getting the respect he deserved and being a dick, certainly now I don't feel sorry for him

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he took the kings shilling and effectively priced himself out of another decent move in his career

I don't think he's been a bad player for madrid, he's earned a lot of cash and won the lot, im not sure where the balance tipped between him not getting the respect he deserved and being a dick, certainly now I don't feel sorry for him

It seems for whatever reason Madrid fans never really accepted him, despite what he achieved and winning goals in champions league finals, they desperately tried to get him out In the summer

However, I've always thought he was a grade a helmet with his shit heart celebration, stupid pony tail, looking like an extra from planet of the apes, and what sort of rocket polisher dresses like this 

BSr69Y1CMAAVhLI.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

It seems for whatever reason Madrid fans never really accepted him, despite what he achieved and winning goals in champions league finals, they desperately tried to get him out In the summer

However, I've always thought he was a grade a helmet with his shit heart celebration, stupid pony tail, looking like an extra from planet of the apes, and what sort of rocket polisher dresses like this 

BSr69Y1CMAAVhLI.jpg

If I remember correctly he wore that outfit to engineer his move to RM. Can’t remember the background but it was to make sure he was noticed walking around London to force Spurs hand to sell.

3 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

BSr69Y1CMAAVhLI.jpg

He might be a complete dick, but the bolded part above is no different to rival fans moaning about Grealish because of his hair and socks.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

What does the flag even mean, its pretty shit professionalism if he is indicating he prefers Golf

The Madrid press is actually making fun of him playing Golf, they were joking last week he was making triple bogeys in his latest round or something instead of learning Spanish. Wasn't he also supposed to be on a course when Real Madrid were playing in pre season although assume he was about to be sold at that point.

Bale is just there for the status really. I do think on the whole he's been harshly treated but it's clear he's outstayed his welcome and interested if he's tempted by this supposed Spurs interest in him.

He hates it in Madrid, but is completely unwilling to take a pay cut to move on. Angry at Madrid for not letting him leave on a free so he can get a payrise at his next club.

I think that sums his situation up.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

I'd like to see him back at Tottenham with a point to prove.

Thought Bale and Neymar were going to surpass Ronaldo and Messi in the world rankings, but it seems they both cared more for their pay package profiles.

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

He hates it in Madrid, but is completely unwilling to take a pay cut to move on. Angry at Madrid for not letting him leave on a free so he can get a payrise at his next club.

Another living in a bubble

Crazy he still has a record of one in 2 injury's hampered yes but hes still is a good footballer played well for wales on tuesday eve, plus he scored 2 goals for madrid begining of the season not his fault Zidane hates him

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Do we know that he won’t take a pay cut or is it that’s what the Madrid press say?

39 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Do we know that he won’t take a pay cut or is it that’s what the Madrid press say?

Real shopped him everywhere in the summer and only a Chinese club made an offer but only if was a free transfer. Bale was interested but Real said No

Â