Gareth Bale

Genie

• 2 months later...

Comments from his agent this week suggest what we all thought, he's basically on an extremely well paid holiday and has no intention of ending it any time soon to play more football (can't really say I blame him).

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very unusual announcement from Zidane today that Bale is not in the squad to play Man City because he told him he’d rather not play (and ZZ is ok with it and respects his decision)... what’s that all about? Obviously much more to that story.

7 hours ago, Genie said:

Very unusual announcement from Zidane today that Bale is not in the squad to play Man City because he told him he’d rather not play (and ZZ is ok with it and respects his decision)... what’s that all about? Obviously much more to that story.

Rumour started before was that Zidane dropped Bale for the game. Suppose Zidane covering himself

I just don't understand why Bale hasn't got himself out of there. 

He's staggeringly wealthy, will never want for anything in his life. He's 31 now, he should want to be playing as much as he can.  The number of ex pros who miss the game so much, wish they had carried on longer etc. 

He's only got a few more years left.  Why carry on in a toxic atmosphere and not playing. 

34 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's staggeringly wealthy, will never want for anything in his life. He's 31 now, he should want to be playing as much as he can.  The number of ex pros who miss the game so much, wish they had carried on longer etc. 

He's only got a few more years left.  Why carry on in a toxic atmosphere and not playing. 

iirc he had agreed to go to club in China on a free last year and everything was agreed, then Real started asking for a transfer fee. I have a feeling that he hasn't forgotten that and is playing a role in his actions currently. 

7 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

iirc he had agreed to go to club in China on a free last year and everything was agreed, then Real started asking for a transfer fee. I have a feeling that he hasn't forgotten that and is playing a role in his actions currently. 

Yeah forgot about that. 

Mind you I can't understand why they want to go to China either. 

I get the money but these guys are so wealthy anyway. I'd rather enjoy my football playing at this highest level I still can (which will still pay stupid money anyway) than end up in a mickey mouse league in a strange place like China. 

Read all about it

“While Zinedine Zidane is not generally regarded as being tactically the most sophisticated in the world, the trust and understanding he builds with all of his players is frequently cited as being second to none and the key to his success.

He understands them, he was one of them. He gives chances to anyone.

Gareth Bale would beg to differ.“

32 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Mind you I can't understand why they want to go to China either. 

It was reported to be £1m a week.

As mentioned, I think he’s dragging his feet because Real pulled the plug on that deal. He said fine, I’ll give you 20% effort from now until my contract expires in 2 years time.

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

I don't think he enjoys the game that much. He's really good at it, but he doesn't have a big passion for playing.

He probably wants the best contracts he can get until he has to retire and just play golf for the rest of his life. His time at Real has just been really awful and weird. He's delivered for them but never been liked. Like a terrible marriage with great sex, good kids and lots of money. But sadly it's a poisonous atmosphere.

• Like 1

Â