Gareth Bale

Genie

Bale is pretty much retied now isn't he. Wanted the Chinese money last year and now not prepared to give up his Real money. He's already far wealthier than he could have ever imagined but appears to value that more than challenging himself on the pitch anymore. 

On 08/08/2020 at 23:29, Xela said:

Bale is pretty much retied now isn't he. Wanted the Chinese money last year and now not prepared to give up his Real money. He's already far wealthier than he could have ever imagined but appears to value that more than challenging himself on the pitch anymore. 

Lol he tried to move, Real refused. 

8 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

because the buying team didnt want to pay a transfer fee. Moving to China wouldnt have made him any better anyway

15 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Moving to China is retiring!

He'd rather now make a point and waste 2 prime years of his career rather than look to move and accept a lower amount 

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Moving to China is retiring!

He'd rather now make a point and waste 2 prime years of his career rather than look to move and accept a lower amount 

How many people do you know willing to take an 80% or whatever pay cut? I don't think he loves football that much. It's a short career, that of a footballer, I say milk it while you're still in it.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

How many people do you know willing to take an 80% or whatever pay cut? I don't think he loves football that much. It's a short career, that of a footballer, I say milk it while you're still in it.

Footballers always say they have short careers in terms of playing so you would think he wouldn't want to miss 2 years.  Lets not forget Bale is already fabulously wealthy. I understand a lower league footballer not doing it... going from £1k per week to £200 per week would be a disaster and they would struggle. When its £600k per week to say £250k-£300k per week (he'd be able to command that at least) then why not? 

Most people on this forum if they won the lottery and were financially secure would quit their job for something that made them happier but paid less. I know I would. I wouldn't keep my current job just for the salary knowing that I didn't need it anymore. I would have thought playing every week would make Bale happier than not playing? Maybe not, maybe he's had enough and what he is doing makes sense to him.  

Anyway, I'm gabbling now! 

• Like 3

It’s a tricky one, Bale has about 2 years to run on a £30m a year contract. He probably sees that as £60m money in the bank. If he came back to Spurs for example, £250k per week, he’s effectively giving away £35m to play for another them versus staying in the Madrid sunshine. He probably has fond memories and would like to go back... but would he pay £35m to do it? Of course not.

Its a crazy situation he’s got himself into because Real are massively over paying him. That’s the issue. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s a tricky one, Bale has about 2 years to run on a £30m a year contract. He probably sees that as £60m money in the bank. If he came back to Spurs for example, £250k per week, he’s effectively giving away £35m to play for another them versus staying in the Madrid sunshine. He probably has fond memories and would like to go back... but would he pay £35m to do it? Of course not.

Its a crazy situation he’s got himself into because Real are massively over paying him. That’s the issue. 

Exactly. Like I said, he probably likes football and Spurs still, but he doesn't 35m like them.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think its funny how the comparisons are so clear with the Ozil situation at Arsenal but people are more likely to defend Bale situation over Ozil

It is the same, club pays a huge transfer fee and doesn’t want them to leave on a free at the end of the contract so pays them way over the top to make them stay.

I think with Ozil he’s been shit for a while, and was shit at contract renewal stage but the club still don’t want to “lose” him on a free. Bale has still looked quite good when he’s played, but obviously doesn’t play much because of the politics. Ozil doesn’t play because he’s shit.

Ideally they’d get them under contract then sell them, but in both cases they are paying them well above their market value so nobody will match their wages. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It is the same, club pays a huge transfer fee and doesn’t want them to leave on a free at the end of the contract so pays them way over the top to make them stay.

I think with Ozil he’s been shit for a while, and was shit at contract renewal stage but the club still don’t want to “lose” him on a free. Bale has still looked quite good when he’s played, but obviously doesn’t play much because of the politics. Ozil doesn’t play because he’s shit.

Ideally they’d get them under contract then sell them, but in both cases they are paying them well above their market value so nobody will match their wages. 

He also have a injury list longer than almost any player (apart from Daniel Sturridge). Constantly picking up minor injuries. 

He's come under criticism for not handling his training and rehab in a professional way but rather spent his time on the golf course.

True, he has had a lot of niggly injuries. He’s clearly acting very stubborn towards what he’d deem to be RM letting him down. There will be much more to the story than has been revealed.

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think its funny how the comparisons are so clear with the Ozil situation at Arsenal but people are more likely to defend Bale situation over Ozil

Agree. They both have a gift that even the ones who made it would dream to have, yet are content to waste it sitting on the bench collecting money which really isn’t going to make a difference to them.

Once your worth tens of millions what’s another few going to get you that you can’t already buy? I’d imagine more ex-players would be willing to pay that percentage to get those years at their heyday back.

I'd let people call me whatever the **** they want for £35m. There's a huge difference between "comfortably retiring" wealthy and "living in a mansion and buying a new car every month" wealthy.

Real committed  to the contract, why on earth would he give up roughly 1500 times the average salary?  He could settle for being rich, or he could see out an awkward two years and make sure his grandkids are equally rich. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd let people call me whatever the **** they want for £35m. There's a huge difference between "comfortably retiring" wealthy and "living in a mansion and buying a new car every month" wealthy.

Real committed  to the contract, why on earth would he give up roughly 1500 times the average salary?  He could settle for being rich, or he could see out an awkward two years and make sure his grandkids are equally rich. 

I agree, it’s just too much money to forfeit especially when he’s already won it all. He doesn’t need to fulfill any club ambitions really.

Best case scenario, another club chucks some of Bales wage money at them to take him on loan for a while. He still gets all his wages, Madrid offset some of it and the other club get him playing for them. I’m really surprised a loan hasn’t happened yet.

6 minutes ago, villakram said:

You lot! Stop adding loads of chat to fancy bench warmers, giving the impression that we might be trying to sign him up! Would be so much fun...

IF he was going to leave there would be about 100 clubs he’d go to before us.

Actually, I think he’d retire before joining us

Edited by Genie
  • Sad 1

Â