Gareth Bale

Genie

said at the time this is the problem with the stupid transfer fees and wages, he's priced himself out of pretty much everywhere in Europe apart from PSG who wont be interested in him because he's too old, Neymar is exactly the same, they've put themselves in a position where they cant moan, its his own fault because he took a wage that no one else can match, 99% of clubs couldn't pay him 50% of what he earns

by the end of this generation there will be a wave of top class footballers who will only be able to move on a free transfer, each time getting a huge signing fee, it'll go a bit like the NFL, not that transfers are prohibited (but also interestingly to navigate FFP the trade system will become more popular too) but clubs just outright cant afford the best players, mbappe for example is only leaving PSG on a free or if he goes to shit, no one can buy him

• Like 1

By this point the massive clubs don't really pay the transfer fees, they just move debt owed to each others around.

PSG owe money to Barca who owe money to Liverpool who owe money to Southampton...

Juve owe to Real who owe to Spurs who owe to...

It's the circle of crap as Sir Elton John might have put it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

This can’t possibly be true, I’m led to believe that klopp hasn’t spent a single penny since he’s been there :P

I have seen in recent weeks people claiming he has invented the attacking full back

• Haha 1

The whole not talking Spanish thing is nonsense and just a stick to beat him with that fans will latch on to, he's completed interviews in Spanish and they're on YouTube. It's not perfect but it's conversational and I'd guess it's improved since they were recorded.

There's also supposedly Spanish speaking players over here who cant speak English.

On 21/11/2019 at 08:09, A'Villan said:

I'd like to see him back at Tottenham with a point to prove.

Thought Bale and Neymar were going to surpass Ronaldo and Messi in the world rankings, but it seems they both cared more for their pay package profiles.

Bale as good as he is has limitations at the elite level.

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

The whole not talking Spanish thing is nonsense and just a stick to beat him with that fans will latch on to, he's completed interviews in Spanish and they're on YouTube. It's not perfect but it's conversational and I'd guess it's improved since they were recorded.

There's also supposedly Spanish speaking players over here who cant speak English.

It's been almost 10 years and Sergio Aguero still speaks with a translator.

Isn't the issue more that he is a bit of a loner and doesn't speak and interact with his teammates more than the bare minimum and thus isn't really part of "the team".

sure he can speak Spanish, from what I read it's more that he chooses not to. Keeps to himself and plays golf or whatever.

He's not the first footballer who doesn't want to hang out with footballers. 

It's quite simple.  If you want out, sign for a club at the wages they can afford to pay you. 

How much money do you need before you just want to play very week and he happy during what remains of your short career? 

34 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's quite simple.  If you want out, sign for a club at the wages they can afford to pay you. 

How much money do you need before you just want to play very week and he happy during what remains of your short career? 

As much as you can get I'd imagine, given as you say it is a very short career indeed.

Get the feeling Bale will try to become pro golfer when he retires, not as easy as it sounds though.

Think likes of Roy Wegerle and Julian Dicks have had a go in the past after retirement, think both qualified for minor events but not much more than that.

29 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Get the feeling Bale will try to become pro golfer when he retires, not as easy as it sounds though.

Think likes of Roy Wegerle and Julian Dicks have had a go in the past after retirement, think both qualified for minor events but not much more than that.

Jimmy Bullard too.

Â