Do you read?

Luke_W

I have a 15 hour flight in a couple days, any suggestions? (Not crime novels, and preferrably not too heavy stuff - probably going to end up beside a toddler, knowing my luck)

Haven't read novels for a while but used to love Mario Puzo or Richard Laymen stuff. Non fiction I'd go for Alistair Campbell's new book. Pretty inspiring.

Edit: who the hell reads on a plan when you can drink and watch movies!!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I have a 15 hour flight in a couple days, any suggestions? (Not crime novels, and preferrably not too heavy stuff - probably going to end up beside a toddler, knowing my luck)

Pirate Coast by Richard Zacks. True story, fun easy read, and well written.

Haven't read novels for a while but used to love Mario Puzo or Richard Laymen stuff. Non fiction I'd go for Alistair Campbell's new book. Pretty inspiring.

Edit: who the hell reads on a plan when you can drink and watch movies!!

I do. The chance of the movies being any good is very slim. Good reading time. I have no specific suggestions though, I would just take whatever book(s) I happen to be currently reading.

Would recommend:

The Martian by Andy weir

The truth about the harry quebert affair by Joel dicker

I am pilgrim by terry hayes

All a little different to each other but good holiday/flight reads (Imo)

Planes are great for reading. Although, on long journeys one can easily get through one's entire holiday reading.

I recall one flight in which a paranoid teenage CED found Michael Moore's 'Dude Where's My Country' in the airport and subsequently read it on his flight to Italy, only to become increasingly convinced that CIA operatives could be on the plane and may have decided that a long-haired teen reading such a book posed a danger to national security...

• Like 1

I've started "Trainspotting"

**** hell it's a struggle. it's like reading a Sunderland message board!

It gets easier as you get into the ryhthm of the writing and the language. After a chapter or two you'll be golden.

(It's a superb book btw)

• Like 1

Malcolm X: A Life of Reinvention by Manning Marable

Having been brought up on the Martin Luther King version of the history of the struggle for human rights, this was a total re-education for me.

I found it as horrifying as I found it instructive and it offers all sorts of insights into the racial politics of modern America.

Â